PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Brady said he had all the answers to the test? Think he'll get an A Sunday? I mean, he should, right - he's got all the answers...

He’s got all the answers for sure, but no pen to put them to paper. Only so much he can do...

That might have been true in the day when defenses played stable fronts game in and game out. But now in the day of the amoeba fronts, complex delayed blitzes, and "roaming fronts", the skill level of the offensive front has had to grow to the point where it matches the sight reads that receivers often have to make.

You know, sometimes I wonder if sight reads for young receivers are almost counter productive because the read of the QB and the read of the receiver will ALWAYS misfire a certain percentage of the time even with Jules and Brady. I wonder if some offensive coach will "innovate" at some point and run just planned routes which would eliminate read errors and win on execution more than leverage.

Unitias to Berry - BOTH went to the HOF running patterns that everyone knew were coming, but simply out executed them.

I would think that giving rookies precise routes that they'd run regardless of the defense would increase their execution, make it more likely they will be where the QB expects them to be, and increase the likelihood that they could be more productive in their rookie year. Let them gradually evolve into receivers that can read the complex defenses that are more prevalent these days.

Its the old trade off that has always been there for football coaches. Execution vs potential schematic advantages. It looks so cool on the blackboard, but doesn't always look as good on the field

Yeah, it's more complicated even for guys in the trenches these days...but you can still find more plug-and-play linemen in the draft than you can a skill player (other than maybe a RB).

And I think the simple reason we can't just have WR's run non-option routes is because of talent level....if we drafted a 1998 Randy Moss...it would work...just run deep all day...be a decoy or a big play. We draft guys like Edelman who have talent in small spaces....we seem to emphasize three cone times, intelligence, and etc...in our player evaluations. Sometimes I wish we could draft WR's like the Steelers...they do a great job of drafting WR's...Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, AB, and etc...all in the last 2 decades. It must be the Steelers' offensive system and the apparent simplicity of it?

Dallas plague carriers are on the way...

That's it, forfeit the game. Better to lose one to an NFC team than get half our team infected for the home stretch.

(kidding of course, but maybe have them play in hazmat suits?)

That's it, forfeit the game. Better to lose one to an NFC team than get half our team infected for the home stretch.

(kidding of course, but maybe have them play in hazmat suits?)

I'm all for Dallas having to play in hazmat suits. Great idea. :cool:

Long injury report with 4 new additions: Week 12: Patriots - Cowboys Injury Report

OUT
No Players Listed.

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed

QUESTIONABLE
LB Ja'Whaun Bentley, Knee (LP)
QB Tom Brady, Right Elbow (LP)
OT Marcus Cannon, Illness (LP)

S Patrick Chung, Heel/Chest (LP)
WR Phillip Dorsett, Concussion (LP)
S Nate Ebner, Ankle/Back (LP)
WR Julian Edelman, Shoulder (LP)
RB Damien Harris, Hamstring (LP)
CB Jason McCourty, Groin (LP)
WR Mohamed Sanu, Ankle (LP)
DE John Simon, Elbow (LP)
WR Matthew Slater, Hamstring (LP)

Stidham szn?

Tough list. I'm guessing Harris is out (because he's generally been out even while healthy), and I don't think Sanu makes it back this week. Props to him for giving it a gut, but I'm guessing they play it cautious with him against a non-conference team. Dorsett is 50/50, everyone else is anyone's guess.

From the NBC camera tweet it looks like Sanu and Dorsett are ready to go.

If this is 2003-2004 redux, this is shaping up to be a surprisingly dominant victory. Those teams had a way of stepping up right when things looked bleakest.

We are all set ... the Cowboys have the sh!ts.

We are all set ... the Cowboys have the sh!ts.

What a coincidence, right? Cowboys just happen to get sick now? It just never ends with Belichick

Mohamed Sanu continues to deal with his high ankle sprain

lol Curran still steadfast on his "Sanu has a high ankle sprain and will miss multiple weeks" report. So sad to see a guy that used to be a decent beat guy become a concern troll/hot take mediot. Wouldn't even acknowledge the most recent reports that came from Reiss & Howe that were pretty much proven right by the injury report that Sanu hasn't been ruled out for Sunday and looks to be a game-day decision.

Too many conflicting reports about Sanu. People have him missing weeks, people have him out for Sunday, people saying it's a day to day thing

i'll go strictly by what the team reports, as of right now Sanu is considered 50/50 for the game.

Sanu being reported as out against DAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday