PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Way OT: any others here with birthdays around Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's birthday is the 28th, it's a good hit to the wallet this week but on the other hand it's hard to forget it, except that one year....bad year it was

My wife's birthday is the 28th, it's a good hit to the wallet this week but on the other hand it's hard to forget it, except that one year....bad year it was

Yeah, my wife's is the 10th, so I hear ya when it comes to getting hit hard in Dec., financially-speaking.

Add in the fact that we always do a weekend trip to see the Xmas lights, and the typical NYE dinner/expensive bottle of champagne, and the 3 week period between the 10th and 31st become the equivalent to lying in the middle of the street with your checkbook taped to your forehead.

Both my husband and myself are in December. Mine's the 15th. My relatives weren't as good - I always got "this is for your birthday and Christmas". <sigh>

Happy birthday to all December babies!

There are certain advantages. My wife's birthday is December 25 so I can double up on shopping.. Now if we had decided to get married in December rather than September I could have minimized the number of trips to the mall....Now it's easier with online shopping....

My wifes birthday is the 17th.

It's tough on the wallet, but at least I get the gifts for her in one go. And to be fair to her, she's not materialistic, she's happy with a card and flowers.

Happy belated Birthday, OP! :)

Mine is coming up this Sunday, two days after Christmas. Going to be turning 33. Hoping for a Pats victory over the Jets as my present! :D

I sometimes got double the presents, and sometimes got screwed with the "this is a big present so it counts as both" deal. But I stopped caring about gifts a long time ago.

My wife's birthday is tomorrow, already have her gift, then dinner. Our anniversary is on the 5th so it's a pretty active month with the dinners and the gifts.

Happy B-day oldrover and I for one don't think you are too old. Is that single malt or blended 12 yo scotch?

My oldest son's 36th birthday is also the 23rd (today) and my wife and I were married on the 16th, 38 years ago. I can remember both days as if they were yesterday.

Congrats to you and all the others who celebrate more than Christmas this time of year.

Serious post: I would not have dated my wife if she was a Jets fan like the rest of her family. I'm not even joking.

Love only goes so far.

I know you sincerely believe that, but I don't.

Serious post: I would not have dated my wife if she was a Jets fan like the rest of her family. I'm not even joking.

Love only goes so far.

Well, back in 1986, a lot of the Jets crap hadn't happened yet. Heck, the MUCH bigger deal at that time was the Red Sox and Mets. And the Pats had just made it to the Super Bowl (the result was ugly, but still).

And after we moved back to Maine from 1993-2011, and while we were raising our kids there, she BECAME a Pats fan. I watched all the playoff games and Super Bowls with her, and she was cheering for our guys. Plus she's pro-Tom Brady and thinks deflategate was crap. THAT's my girl. I think I'll keep her. ;)

(of course the bigger question is will she keep me... she likes to jokingly refer to me as her 'first husband'... LOL... that's what happens when you marry beyond yourself) :D

My wife's birthday is tomorrow, already have her gift, then dinner. Our anniversary is on the 5th so it's a pretty active month with the dinners and the gifts.

Happy B-day oldrover and I for one don't think you are too old. Is that single malt or blended 12 yo scotch?

carousel_slide3.png

;)

I know you sincerely believe that, but I don't.

I can hang out just fine with Jets fans on forums, tailgates, parties, etc.

But to have to deal with that **** on a daily basis? Living with a woman is hard enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes