PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson won’t be activated - he is now a Free Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at 38 I thought he could be sneaky productive in this offense. On the plus side this frees up almost 2 million in cap space.

Need cap space for Gronk? Gronk might have indicated time of return. We'd need both the cap space as well as a TE spot.

It’s a long shot but would love to get Diggs. Hopefully he can shore up our WR core for a few years. So sick of Pats WR juggling.

So we have a situation where cutting a "bad" man (Brown) may have led to the cutting of a "good" man (Watson). The reporting on this has the potential to be explosive.

Really wish BB did a better job with the offensive personnel during the offseason. Offense was not a priority at all. Nevermind that they are part of the team. O line weak. Wrs mediocre Tightend weak. Offense wasn't built well during the offseason. Now they are trying to piece it together.

BB brought in AB.

Early Bird Bob screwed it up.

giphy.gif

Please move this to the NFL Forum because he's no longer a Patriot, won't be a Patriot in the future, so he's no longer relevant to this football team.

I am really surprised and sad about this. I was really looking forward to seeing him on the field !
This bums me out!!

He may retire vs catch on with another team at his age

There were only a few teams he was willing to "un-retire" for. The Pats were one of them. Honesty, I don't remember him doing anything in pre-season. Not sure what he had left in his tank.

They traded him to one of the teams of his choice.

And he wasn't able to get on the field.
Cut him then bring him back to release him. I'd say probably worst than Watson

The current tight ends are pretty bad.. hope they have something up their sleeves

Too bad we were so casual on TE Jared Cook when he came here for a visit a guaranteed 600yds a year player. I cannot believe we let him leave without signing him with Gronk's situation unknown at the time.
Through 5 games, 24 targets 12 catches and just as many TD's as Ryan Izzo. Tell me you'd be thrilled with that stat line if he were here for the $15MM contract with $8 guaranteed and a 4MM cap hit (ok) and 8 million dead cap next year (not ok) AND the bad blocking?

Please move this to the NFL Forum because he's no longer a Patriot, won't be a Patriot in the future, so he's no longer relevant to this football team.
Nah. Let's keep it right here.

Thank you

Nah. Let's keep it right here.

Thank you

Are you suggesting that threads about ex-Pats football players that got released this year are still relevant for discussion in the Pats forum?

So we have a situation where cutting a "bad" man (Brown) may have led to the cutting of a "good" man (Watson). The reporting on this has the potential to be explosive.
Thank you Ben, Felgie says hi! :rolleyes:

Through 5 games, 24 targets 12 catches and just as many TD's as Ryan Izzo. Tell me you'd be thrilled with that stat line if he were here for the $15MM contract with $8 guaranteed and a 4MM cap hit (ok) and 8 million dead cap next year (not ok) AND the bad blocking?
Izzo is lighting it up against awful teams but at least he's cheap

Izzo is lighting it up against awful teams but at least he's cheap
The Izzo reference was just to tug at his leg. I was just trying to point out to those who lament not signing Cook, that his isn't exactly burning up NO with his lack luster play. 24 targets is a lot for that kind of production.

Are you suggesting that threads about ex-Pats football players that got released this year are still relevant for discussion in the Pats forum?
sure.

I don't cayah.. "Whatever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft