PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson won’t be activated - he is now a Free Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please move this to the NFL Forum because he's no longer a Patriot, won't be a Patriot in the future, so he's no longer relevant to this football team.
We need an eye roll smiley.

The Izzo reference was just to tug at his leg. I was just trying to point out to those who lament not signing Cook, that his isn't exactly burning up NO with his lack luster play. 24 targets is a lot for that kind of production.
Yeah unfortunately we are going through gronk withdrawal

Very disappointing! I was so looking forward to him lining up with us again. Oh well. Maybe he will get a chance if one of the TEs show they are useless.

To be serious for a moment, this flies in the face of the theory that BB treats veterans that join the Pats with the utmost respect vis a vis cuts and signings so that word spreads and other FAs are more likely to sign here.

I wonder what the deal really is.

Should this be merged with the Watson thread or the Chiefs are Garbage thread?

I like Watson, but would he really make the Chiefs that much better? He obviously won't take reps from Kelce, and if they decide to start running 2TE sets, I think the Pats (and everyone else) would be just fine with that.

To be serious for a moment, this flies in the face of the theory that BB treats veterans that join the Pats with the utmost respect vis a vis cuts and signings so that word spreads and other FAs are more likely to sign here.

I wonder what the deal really is.
Perhaps Watson will elucidate tomorrow.

I like Watson, but would he really make the Chiefs that much better? He obviously won't take reps from Kelce, and if they decide to start running 2TE sets, I think the Pats (and everyone else) would be just fine with that.
Yeah that was my thought too. I still think Watson has gas in the tank. I still think he could have helped NE. But there are some teams with well established TE's where he really wouldn't be of any help, and KC is one of those teams.

Should this be merged with the Watson thread or the Chiefs are Garbage thread?
Shefter also says Bills considering him. I think I'd rather him on the Chiefs right about now.

But wait if he is a still shell of himself and can be the opposite TE to Kelsey? oh ****. Thank Shiva they lost last night

Did the Chiefs complete John Elway’s class on signing Belichick’s sloppy seconds? Cool strategy, as long as you get really lucky during your fast-slamming window.

Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft