PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warning don't go there.

Are there any other sports markets in this country that root for their teams to lose and troll their listeners like Boston? The trolling schtick is beyond annoying but it gets them ratings.
New York? Philly?

They outplayed the Dolphins. If they play the usual, nearly mistake free Patriot football, they win this game easily. That’s mostly on Judon, Harris, Mason, Stevenson and a few others.

The funny thing, it doesn't even f-ing matter if they win yesterday with Newton (which they don't). This team is going absolutely nowhere with Cam Newton, period, end of discussion. Mac Jones is the future and I want him playing. Even if you believe for some delusional reason Newton plays better yesterday, it is still worth the short term setbacks in exchange for the long term gains.

The funny thing, it doesn't even f-ing matter if they win yesterday with Newton (which they don't). This team is going absolutely nowhere with Cam Newton, period, end of discussion. Mac Jones is the future and I want him playing. Even if you believe for some delusional reason Newton plays better yesterday, it is still worth the short term setbacks in exchange for the long term gains.
Cam would of had at least 2 turnovers to add to miscues.

I've been out of town for years, but I can't imagine wanting to listen to those guys. You get what you deserve if you do.
I can listen to them any time their on but i think ive spent about ten minutes total in all the years theyve been on.

More?! He had damn near 40 attempts in his first game as a rookie. What was he looking for, 60? :whistle:

9 hits should be the MAX that Mac gets in a game this year. oc is gonna wreck this kid's health and body before he turns 23. What a POS.

There is a thing called max protection. You can adjust 1 or both TEs plus RB to block when you see a blitz coming. All this moronic spread shotgun formation play calling, with TEs far from the OLine, is a recipe for a very bad movie scene with Mac Jones.

We have an oc who has literally zero clue how to use 2 TEs on the field at the same time. He sees 12 personnel and thinks 'RUN'.

Solution is a lot more 12 personnel both run and passing. The passing game is being completely under-utilized in 12 personnel.

Last edited:
More?! He had damn near 40 attempts in his first game as a rookie. What was he looking for, 60? :whistle:
Problem was not enough chunk plays. So we didn't need to pass more. Just increase the depth. That said Miami was coming in hot and played great defense in some situations.

I mentioned and put emphasis on it when I started my thread over a month ago but the biggest advantage you have in 12p is passing out of it not running. We had Miami in base quite a bit but didn't capitalize in that regard.

Hit our RB & TE early out of 12. Taper off the RB some as the game goes on. Focus WR/TE mismatches. Work PA to Agholor. Finish with Harris.

Why we didn't just throw against Rowe all day is beyond me. He still has burn marks from the Eagles Super Bowl win...

Why we didn't just throw against Rowe all day is beyond me. He still has burn marks from the Eagles Super Bowl win...
Rowe has, historically, been most vulnerable to the Welker/Edelman types (quicks rather than speed). This group doesn't really have anyone to exploit that down field.

Problem was not enough chunk plays. So we didn't need to pass more. Just increase the depth.
Other than Agholor, which receivers are really of the sort who'll produce those chunk plays?

This is what Wiggy said - Cam played Miami week one last year with a worse roster and won. I do agree with him that we probably do score more in the redzone with Cam but I am not sure Cam gets us down there as much as Mac did. IMO, the best thing for this team would be for Cam to be the back up and come in for the red zone and short yardage but apparently his "aura" was just too much for Mac. LOL
Lol, Cam rarely overcame a mere negative play in a 4 down set, nevermind multiple penalties to get into scoring range. We probably aren't within 1 score if Cam was under center yesterday.

Other than Agholor, which receivers are really of the sort who'll produce those chunk plays?
So the NFL and I think most describe an "explosive" play as anything 16 + yards. Doesn't have to be 40 + deep shots.

Meyers, Henry, Smith are all capable.

We definitely could use another deep threat. No doubt. For example I think Juilo Jones would have helped us a lot more than he'll help Tennessee but it is what it is.

We have 4 guys capable of doing some damage in that 15-20 yard range collectively.

I believe we'll add another target next year through draft or FA fwiw. We'll look to tighten up the OL, find another toy for Mac, DL/CB via draft / FA / trade.

So the NFL and I think most describe an "explosive" play as anything 16 + yards. Doesn't have to be 40 + deep shots.

We definitely could use another deep threat. No doubt. For example I think Juilo Jones would have helped us a lot more than he'll help Tennessee but it is what it is.

We have 4 guys capable of doing some damage in that 15-20 yard range collectively.

I believe we'll add another target next year through draft or FA fwiw. We'll look to tighten up the OL, find another toy for Mac, DL/CB via draft / FA / trade.

i'm surprised we haven't kicked the tires on John Brown for another receiver or maybe bring Kristian Wilkerson back

i'm surprised we haven't kicked the tires on John Brown for another receiver or maybe bring Kristian Wilkerson back
Someone like that would be very useful. I wanted Jones but not devastated. We basically have 60-70 targets to give out so it's like we have a ton but a buy like Brown would have been nice. Keke Coutee is someone I think can play. Not exactly the same mold but we definitely could use another quick hitter option while we wait for Gunna to get there. This team desperately needs another quick / slot type in the Edleman, Amendola, Welker mold.

Are there any other sports markets in this country that root for their teams to lose and troll their listeners like Boston? The trolling schtick is beyond annoying but it gets them ratings.

bunch of masochists in this region

its been over 5 years since ive listened to more than 2 seconds of those losers spew their nonsense while the radio tuner finds another station. I would highly recommend people break away from their addiction, they offer nothing of substance whatsoever to the sport of football and you'll be a lot healthier and less angry not listening to them anymore

They exist because people feed into all of their ******** nonsense... and i just don't understand it.. Why do people want to listen to 2 f***tards who know very little about football flap the hole in their face while they **** on the teams we all love?

They have the same schtick for all 4 major boston sports teams, and act like they know more than the GMs of all 4 teams lol.. When you step back and look at it objectively for 5 seconds, you'll feel foolish for giving them your attention and money

Only 3 +15 air yard completions.

E_LarUqVIAU-BO8.jpg

This same type of thing happened in Atlanta when Ryan took over when Mike Vick left Atlanta to go to prison! Now there wasn't the social media around like we have today, but it was a constant drum beat about whether Vick would have won a game that Ryan lost. And yes there were fans that really wanted the Falcons to lose just to prove that Vick was better than Ryan.
It tore the fanbase apart.
Cam is gone, get over it and move on! Mac Jones is an excellent rookie QB who will make mistakes, but he will also learn from his mistakes and not go out there and do the same thing over and over and over again.

Spagnoli forgot Meyers is in Year 3.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back