PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings decline Adrian Peterson's option, making him a FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is, he'll sign for orange peanuts.

substantial upgrade over Blount..IMO
I don't think we really need to upgrade over Blount. He did fine and would probably do fine this year as well.

This would be great, finally Ravens fans will stop bragging about how many more players they have than we do that beat their family members!
Bad on many levels.

I don't think we really need to upgrade over Blount. He did fine and would probably do fine this year as well.
Philosophically speaking , why would you not upgrade when you can?

With that said I'm not sure how much more AP has left in the tank.

I smell Fred Taylor

Surprised at the responses in here. Sign the beast! He'd be a huge get for us we'd rip up the league

He has major fumbling issues. Clearly not the Patriot Way. 34 fumbles in his career....he would kill us in the playoffs

Much rather sign Burkhead, and draft Samaje Perrine.

Is AP a good blocker? In my view, the protection he can afford to the GOAT is as important as his running abilities. If AP can block and is willing to block, come on over and the team will take your measurement for the ring.
The thing about LGB is that he worships Brady and lays out his body to protect his idol every time. I hate to lose him. Heck, we all know that we do not run in the playoffs (unless it is Indy).

If you're willing to compartmentalize off field issues then you might as well draft Mixon. He's reportedly a first round talent who will drop in the draft.

I don't think the Patriots would ever consider drafting Mixon. Shades of Christian Peter. I'll let other people wiser than I compare what Mixon did to what Peterson did.

I could see Pats taking a flier on Mixon in the 5th or 6th

I'm torn between signing AP or just drafting a blount replacement and keeping our current guys. AP is immediate boost to the offense.

Note the football and trophy together in the tweet... The implication is "I want to win a championship." I'm curious if he will really come cheap and buy into the system. Beyond his child abuse situation, he's never struck me as a bad teammate or primadonna. He took a back seat to Favre for those couple years and I don't recall him ever complaining when Favre wanted to sling it.

This being leaked the way it is suggests to me that his agent wants the Pats to know he wants to be here.

We drafted a guy who punched a off duty cop.
So id say its not out the realm of possibility.
What happened with Mixons situation why did he hit a woman?

Yawn. He wants Cowboys, they want him it looks like. He's on the wrong side of 30 with injury history. He's not what he was.
why would the Cowboys possibly want him and why would he want the cowboys? There really arent many teams that would make less sense for him, maybe the Titans. Honestly the Pats and AP would make a lot of sense, but personally I dont really like sacks of **** who beat their kids for trivial stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes