PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran Backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
d78dde0a27e9d9a91cb64ab8112ce92c.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Former Pats (and many other teams) practice squadder Mike Kafka is now a graduate assistant at Northwestern. You're just a graduate assistant and it'll only be for a few weeks Mike, come on!

If u think brisset throws more than 20 passes per game these next two ur a moron. Bill looking to win these next 2 game 3-0

You do realize that Brissett made 9 attempts in one half more so because of the Pats lead than anything else, don't you? Actually, you know what? Don't bother answering. You're spewed drivel every other time you've posted in this thread..

In Bill we Trust. He'll find a guy walking the street.

Need a backup for Thursday, though. Julian Edelman is not that guy, and he has no problem telling you himself. Emergency 3rd QB is one thing, but outright backup is a different animal.
That makes logical sense and in a six day game week, I'd agree. But, as of 7:30 this morning the Pats still haven't signed anyone. Even if they bring someone in, it's going to be late afternoon before he gets the paperwork processed and into the locker room.

Brissett's the Thursday starter and is going to get all the limited practice reps between now and Wednesday; anybody they sign today is, at best, going to hand the ball off or throw five yard passes that Brissett has already shown he can throw. Why not give him a chance to show that he can be backup? Worst case is you bring in Jules, who knows how to hand the ball off and has shown he can throw a pretty pass downfield. After one more game, you then have the GOAT back.

As I said, bringing in someone today makes logical sense. So, they'll probably do that, but I don't think they have to. Wait and decide how much you should pay for that "emergency third starter" when you see what Brissett can do.

Flynn seems like the most logical choice. Although he wasn't with the Pats for long, he at least has some familiarity with the playbook.

I somewhat disagree. I think TJ Yates is the logical choice. he started 4 games for Houston last year and practiced like crazy against their defense...The intel he can provide, coupled with BB and JMs ability to make him a simple game manager makes him more valuable to us than Flynn. Just my .02

If Garroppolo has a chance to play in game 4 and considering that any QB we bring in will barely have any time to practice with the team before Thursday, I wonder if it would be best not to sign anyone. Put in an emergency simple option offense to be run by Edelman or Derby just in case Brissett is hurt.

If we do sign a QB, I will be surprised if it is not Matt Flynn at this point.

I somewhat disagree. I think TJ Yates is the logical choice. he started 4 games for Houston last year and practiced like crazy against their defense...The intel he can provide, coupled with BB and JMs ability to make him a simple game manager makes him more valuable to us than Flynn. Just my .02

EXACTLY, Yates would be a logically choice. Although I doubt BB needs to much insight into BOB's offense. It would be so Belichickian to sign Yates just before the Houston game.

Sign Yates and then you either cut Foster which I dont want to do or put Rowe on IR which I dont want to do.
Because Coleman and Ryan got owned this week.

Jordan Richards would be my cut or seriously trying the wildcat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back