PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran Backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
TJ Yates tore his ACL around Christmas last year and hasn't been signed by anyone else since. I wonder if he's even healthy enough to be considered, and what football shape he is in if he is healthy. He does sound like a very logical option otherwise should the Pats decide they need someone.

If Garroppolo has a chance to play in game 4 and considering that any QB we bring in will barely have any time to practice with the team before Thursday, I wonder if it would be best not to sign anyone. Put in an emergency simple option offense to be run by Edelman or Derby just in case Brissett is hurt.

AJ Derby? If Belichick can win with a backup TE at QB on a short week that should end any debate as to the coaching GOAT.

I'm surprised no one suggested 44 year old Drew Bledsoe yet. I'm not suggesting him either - I'm just surprised no one did. How times have changed around here.

We'd know Pats were in a panic if Zolack was missing on the Fifth Quarter TV show and was throwing on the field

Ha! Maybe there's a secret dark undercurrent to the bromance :)

random Deadspin commenter said:
If Edelman was starting QB for the Patriots then he would be one step closer to finally becoming Tom Brady. All he would need to do after that is steal Giselle and and their kids and then get a face transplant a’la Face Off to fulfill his true destiny. Basically the ballad of Ricky Bobby but in real life.

AJ Derby? If Belichick can win with a backup TE at QB on a short week that should end any debate as to the coaching GOAT.
Great point. Let's see if he is active Thurs. Wasn't on Sun.

Jimmy can't be that bad.......the Pats are going with Edelman as their #2

austin-powers-number-two.jpg

Patriots appear set to start Jacoby Brissett, with Julian Edelman No. 2

I love this ****

This season is already WILD & we're just mid-September. Meanwhile: teams are stuck with Cousins, Kessler, Aaron R....

wow if something happens to jacoby then we get to see minitron play qb!
We want, of course, for JB to stay healthy and play well.

But I can't deny it would be truly awesome to have Julian Edelman play QB and lead the Patriots to victory. I think that would leave some teams to just opt out of the league.

We want, of course, for JB to stay healthy and play well.

But I can't deny it would be truly awesome to have Julian Edelman play QB and lead the Patriots to victory. I think that would leave some teams to just opt out of the league.

Goodell's head would asplode.

I heard this guy can use some money. Bankrupt, both financially and morally. Any chance we could bring him here just to run naked bootlegs the entire game?

hqdefault.jpg

Jimmy Clausen is a possibility. He played for Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame.

Jimmy Clausen NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

He pretty much sucks, but it would be better to send him out there than Edelman.

NO IT WOULD NOT

He does not know any plays.
WORSE: He likely does not know/understand the nomenclature from the Ron Erich tree of play description so he would be worse than useless. Better have The Squirrel handoff every play. At least he'll know who and where. On the last possession he can throw the game winning TD to Dola. He's been there, done that.

I would consider Derby for backup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back