PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran Backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your initial post was to slam Derby. This is you trying to change your narrative.

I chimed in on the ongoing discussion about whether Julian Edelman or A. J. Derby would be the better choice as a QB for the Patriots if JB and JG cannot play. It was precisely in line with the narrative, but I cannot help it if you are so incredibly dense to not comprehend. I didn't mention Edelman's experience in contrast to Derby's, since everyone knows Edelman was a good QB at Kent State. Before I posted I even researched what Derby had done as a QB, to jog my memory, since I watch a fair amount of SEC football. My simple point, which you apparently cannot grasp is that, based on past QB performances, my opinion is that Derby is a lesser choice than Edelman. Based on injury risk, though, he may be a better choice.

To summarize, I claim that Derby never won the starting QB job at the D1 level and you strongly disagree, while verifying that he never won the starting QB job at the D1 level. So...I say the sky is blue, you disagree strongly, arguing that it is instead blue. I just don't get it.

To summarize, I claim that Derby never won the starting QB job at the D1 level and you strongly disagree, while verifying that he never won the starting QB job at the D1 level. So...I say the sky is blue, you disagree strongly, arguing that it is instead blue. I just don't get it.

Clearly you have an issue reading because I never said anything of the sort.

Your claim was that Derby sucked as a QB and never won a thing. I said that he won the back-up job at Arkansas as a walk-on and spent 2 years as the primary back-up, starting one game.

What I also said was that Derby being the primary back-up if Garoppolo couldn't go would make more sense than making Edelman the primary back-up because that would likely take both Edelman AND Derby off the field since Derby would be the emergency QB and not dressed in all likelihood.

Reading is fundamental. Reading English is golden..

Your claim was that Derby sucked as a QB

I never said that!

and never won a thing.

I never said that!

I said that he won the back-up job at Arkansas as a walk-on and spent 2 years as the primary back-up, starting one game.

Which verifies my simple statement that he never won the permanent starting job in D1 fooball, so we agree COMPLETELY! Compare his college success to Edelman's. That's the point that went WHOOSH over your head.

What I also said was that Derby being the primary back-up if Garoppolo couldn't go would make more sense than making Edelman the primary back-up because that would likely take both Edelman AND Derby off the field since Derby would be the emergency QB and not dressed in all likelihood.

We agree COMPLETELY with respect to the talent and injury risk advantage of going with Derby, though I said nothing about that for you to respond to.

Reading is fundamental. Reading English is golden..

I suggest you work on your reading comprehension, as it is sorely lacking. Not even Jets trolls have made my ignore list, but you are close. None of them are nearly as rude, argumentative, and intellectually dishonest as you.

I am done, though I'm sure you will have to get the last word. You always do. From my perspective, I'll just agree that we agree, and you can apparently harp on some nonexistent disagreement with things I didn't say, and continue to live in your paranoia-driven world of fabricated conflict.

Which verifies my simple statement that he never won the permanent starting job in D1 fooball, so we agree COMPLETELY! Compare his college success to Edelman's. That's the point that went WHOOSH over your head.

We agree COMPLETELY with respect to the talent and injury risk advantage of going with Derby, though I said nothing about that for you to respond to.

I suggest you work on your reading comprehension, as it is sorely lacking. Not even Jets trolls have made my ignore list, but you are close. None of them are nearly as rude, argumentative, and intellectually dishonest as you.

I am done, though I'm sure you will have to get the last word. You always do. From my perspective, I'll just agree that we agree, and you can apparently harp on some nonexistent disagreement with things I didn't say, and continue to live in your paranoia-driven world of fabricated conflict.

Keep up the lying, PBPF. It's clear that is the only thing you are good at.

and.. the liar goes to ignore. a shame, but now I'll see fewer threads spoiled by him doing this:

4a975fd93fa626340a777dd77dbe7fdc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference