PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Usain Bolt 'is ready' to play NFL if Patriots or Packers come calling after he tied quickest ever NF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put him in front of the JUG machine and see what’s what.

Hey! We traded Jeff Demps to the Bucs for LeGarrette Blount who helped us win a SuperBowl. So I'd say that worked out well for us.

If we sign Bolt, and he doesn't work out, I am sure we can trade him to someone for a decent player or pick!
Sign him and immediately trade him to the 'Skins for Trent Williams. Snyder is dumb enough to bite.

Like we said though, neither had Renaldo Nehemiah.

Usain Bolt also makes Renaldo Nehemiah look like a turtle, and stands 6-5 at over 207 lbs. Josh Gordon size.

I'd sign him for a training camp. Hell, they gave Tebow a shot. Why not

Its all fun and games until you get punched in the mouth by a safety

The eight-time Olympic gold medalist is also confident about his chances of success, saying 'of course' when asked if he would win a championship with the Patriots."

I mean... yeah. The Pats are probably going to win the Super Bowl. If he really wanted a ring there are worse ways to get one then chilling on the end of our bench as a gameday inactive.

Usain Bolt also makes Renaldo Nehemiah look like a turtle, and stands 6-5 at over 207 lbs. Josh Gordon size.

I'd sign him for a training camp. Hell, they gave Tebow a shot. Why not
Gordon is 6’3” and weighs around 230, so that’s a huge difference in size

On a related subject, all of Bolts training partners have been suspended for PED usage - and all of them use the same trainer. He's great as a sprinter, but there's a reason he has continued to be great for 10+ years.

Usain Bolt is ridiculously fast and we'll never see someone like him in our lifetimes again, probably.

No, I don't want to sign him. But God, he is a once in a lifetime talent.
I would love to have seen him run a 40 yard dash in his prime. Wouldn't surprise me if it was under 4.1

And didn’t that help us acquire Blount?

Are you suggesting the Patriots sign Bolt in order to trade him for some other running back that's worn out his welcome on his original team? That doesn't seem like a very efficient way to build a team, but you do you.

Boxing, but relevant...
8964F218-F9DF-4A87-BA95-244521B4698A.jpeg

and this just funny and entertaining

Are you suggesting the Patriots sign Bolt in order to trade him for some other running back that's worn out his welcome on his original team? That doesn't seem like a very efficient way to build a team, but you do you.

I’m not suggesting we sign bolt. Merely pointing out that the demps signing wasn’t all bad.

Why not just go to the world trials and bring a bunch of them in for a try? Their small differences in 40 yd times will still mean they are faster than virtually all pass coverage. And why not just draft the fastest timed combine WRs too?
This isn't real, this is a gimmick. It's a way to get mentions in media. A simple quick check of the other aspects that it takes to play NFL football would show Bolt would just be a gimmick tryout and little more. It's reminiscent of the recent suggestion of signing a kicker that is 37 years old and 140 pounds. It's a great gimmick but even a cursory examination of the realities of being capable in the NFL would show the gimmick reality of the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back