PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Usain Bolt 'is ready' to play NFL if Patriots or Packers come calling after he tied quickest ever NF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not advocating - just sharing

"Usain Bolt says he 'is ready' to play in the NFL if the Patriots or Packers' quarterback Aaron Rodgers ever came calling.

The Olympic sprint champion, 33, told TMZ he would consider taking up American football for the right team after he tied the quickest ever NFL 40-yard dash with no warm-up and wearing tracksuit and trainers.

When probed what it would take for him to play Bolt replied: 'If the Patriots or Aaron Rodgers call me. If they call me, I'm ready.'

The eight-time Olympic gold medalist is also confident about his chances of success, saying 'of course' when asked if he would win a championship with the Patriots."

Usain Bolt 'is ready' to play NFL if Patriots or Packers come calling | Daily Mail Online

Seems to me that the Raiders, under Al Davis, tried this about 100 times with world-class sprinters who moonlighted as receivers in college. Don't recall much success there.

Can he even take a hit?

Playing the same sport as Usain Bolt doesn't make Jeff Demps the same guy.

True. Usain Bolt is .1 seconds faster over 33 yards. In football, running with full pads on and attempting to avoid tacklers, how advantageous would that .1 seconds be if it remained at all? Especially considering Demps actually played football at the college level and Bolt has never played. And Bolt is 11 years older now than when Demps was in the NFL.

In other words, Bolt should be happy no one is going to take this seriously.

No one remembers Bob Hayes? A little different as Hayes had collegiate foot
ball experience but the World's Fastest Man of his day made a decent NFL career.

Bob Hayes won an Olympic gold medal in the dash and made the Hall of Fame as a Dallas Cowboy.

Maybe Bolt should play for the Bolts.

Usain Bolt is ridiculously fast and we'll never see someone like him in our lifetimes again, probably.

No, I don't want to sign him. But God, he is a once in a lifetime talent.
That a massive understatement. He is literally the greates talent in human history!!!

can he play left tackle?

Sign all beasts

No hurt in giving him a tryout during next TC, but he's got to be able to learn to catch and run routes. Very doubtful he will catch on.

That a massive understatement. He is literally the greates talent in human history!!!

I agree. I didn't want to sound hyperbolic but there's literally no way to do so. He's ridiculous. So glad I got to see his legacy play out.

Willie Gault did ok for the Bears sign the Beast. He only needs to know one route!

Running routes is one thing, but the guy has never caught a ball on at the pro-level, or college for that matter, or pre-school....

Willie Gault did ok for the Bears sign the Beast. He only needs to know one route!
Willie Gault was an All-American at Tennessee. Yes, his route tree was pruned, but he knew football and experienced contact.

Regards,
Chris

Running routes is one thing, but the guy has never caught a ball on at the pro-level, or college for that matter, or pre-school....

Like we said though, neither had Renaldo Nehemiah.

They've already tried that experiment with Jeff Demps.

Hey! We traded Jeff Demps to the Bucs for LeGarrette Blount who helped us win a SuperBowl. So I'd say that worked out well for us.

If we sign Bolt, and he doesn't work out, I am sure we can trade him to someone for a decent player or pick!

Ah ha.... and how did his football career turn out?

He was pretty effective doing what he did.

Opened up the WR routes underneath, drew double coverage downfield, was there for 1 Super Bowl victory.

One of the greatest athletes to ever live? Probably better than Gunner, that's all I'm saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes