PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key Players [Mac Jones/others] Isn't/Aren't Ready to Play

IMO Mac's been fine.. it's the Line.. he can't drop back as he has no time, the offense is all about quick throws and timing routes.. no explosion on offense.. I'm sure he'd like that throw back to Parker wich i had no faith Parker would come down with. Juju is hurt he's been a non factor, KB makes plays but is now getting attention from CBs and safeties. I'd love to see more of DD and Boutte.
The only one on this offense with any sort of juice is Demario Douglas and if he spends a month in the doghouse it is going to continue to be a rock fight to score 20 points. Even with Doulas we still won't be a powerhouse but at least we have that one guy who can make a play here and there.

Imagine if Mac had Samuel (should have had him), McCaffrey, and Kittle along with the 49ers o-line here?

along with a suffocating defense

49ers defensive line is ridiculous

The only one on this offense with any sort of juice is Demario Douglas and if he spends a month in the doghouse it is going to continue to be a rock fight to score 20 points. Even with Doulas we still won't be a powerhouse but at least we have that one guy who can make a play here and there.
Agreed! BB is a football savant he knows the temperature of his team and players.. DD needs to be out there every snap.. the time is now! A loss Sunday IMO could spell an implosion. I want this team to win this season for many reasons. We need explosive plays.. could Reagor help? Had TT been healthy he could at least carry coverage and make teams respect his speed.

along with a suffocating defense

49ers defensive line is ridiculous
They are.. but giants offensively are probably worse then us. Is saqon ever going to stay healthy or the TE?

They are.. but giants offensively are probably worse then us. Is saqon ever going to stay healthy or the TE?
Taking a running back at 2 overall should be a fireable offense. If I were an owner and my GM did that he'd be fired before round 2.

Taking a running back at 2 overall should be a fireable offense. If I were an owner and my GM did that he'd be fired before round 2.
Yes, and Waller can never stay on the field.. theubwere counting on him big time this season.. Shanahan and Mc Daniel are probably the Best offensive minds in the NFL in 2023..

Yes, and Waller can never stay on the field.. theubwere counting on him big time this season.. Shanahan and Mc Daniel are probably the Best offensive minds in the NFL in 2023..
Herbstreit basically called out Waller's effort last night on the TNF broadcast. The guy managed to parlay two good seasons into a $50 million dollar contract.

Herbstreit basically called out Waller's effort last night on the TNF broadcast. The guy managed to parlay two good seasons into a $50 million dollar contract.
That's right.. didn't he rob the raiders owner without a gun LOL

Would you trade Corky for Fields straight up?

Tough question... If most of us were asked that question after da Bears game on MNF last year, the answer might've been near-unanimous for Fields... Now I'm not as sure, although Fields would be better-equipped to escape the pass rush here and maybe try to make chikkin salad out of our chikkin-**** protection... Don't know where his head is right now either; I imagine it's residing not too far from where Mac's was last year...

To be re-visited at the trade deadline...

They want to tank for a high pick or simply enjoy the process of hindsight GMing more than the team and the game.
The tired thing about this board is the all or nothing posts.

I don't do hindsight GMing.

Quite the opposite.

I am still skeptical of Mac.

its pretty simple guys. if the OL cant pass or run block its going to be tough to do anything.

if they can pass and run block the game becomes easier. even with our average non-explosive receivers. right now mac has 2.45 seconds of time to throw and we are averaging 3.5 ypc. thats not a recipe for success

I like the White and Gonzalez picks but it's obvious from the results last season, the offense was in need of help. Belicheck could have addressed the needs in free agency or the draft. They still have $14 M in cap space. I don't know but BB is always saying do your job. I'm asking did he do his GM job? IMO he didn't...you can disagree, the season is still young we'll see.

All bill had to do was stick with Meyers instead of JuJu , sign dawaand Jones instead of Jake Andrews and drafted Pickens or pierce the consensus pick instead of thronton last year and we would not be in this position.

Bill just screwed it up on the offensive side with strange, Thornton and Andrews. Maybe they might come up big later, but right now none of these 3 are contributing.

Tough question... If most of us were asked that question after da Bears game on MNF last year, the answer might've been near-unanimous for Fields... Now I'm not as sure, although Fields would be better-equipped to escape the pass rush here and maybe try to make chikkin salad out of our chikkin-**** protection... Don't know where his head is right now either; I imagine it's residing not too far from where Mac's was last year...

To be re-visited at the trade deadline...
Fields a talented player that is being wasted in Chi- town.. he has the talent at WR.. but apparently they want him to be a pocket passer. They drafted him on his talents now they want to change his game. He has pure athletic ability, he's gotten better as a passer and will continue to as he gains more experience. However If your a offensive coach you'd love to have a guy like fields with his abilities.

Yeah…Look at Purdy. Is he better than Mac Jones? Absolutely not. But his team makes him look that way.
He also has a putrid arm, but has a great command of the offense, the most talented pass catching group in the league and a arguably the best offense mind in football.

If San Fran took Mac like projected before the draft, Mac would be looking great.

It’s really hard to judge a player when it is your own. Homer bias is real. I can tell you what I see in Mac from an outsiders perspective.

He can move the chains and he is better than some give him credit for. But I don’t see him ever being elite or even very good. Defenses have zero concern about his deep ball. He is 1/11 for the season when throwing over 20 yards. When defenses have zero respect for your deep ball, they can crowd the short and intermediate throws and it makes it hard to run.

It’s really hard to judge a player when it is your own. Homer bias is real. I can tell you what I see in Mac from an outsiders perspective.

He can move the chains and he is better than some give him credit for. But I don’t see him ever being elite or even very good. Defenses have zero concern about his deep ball. He is 1/11 for the season when throwing over 20 yards. When defenses have zero respect for your deep ball, they can crowd the short and intermediate throws and it makes it hard to run.
Here's who the QB'S Mac's played with at Alabama have:

Hill& Waddle, devonta Smith, and AJ brown. Name me one player of that caliber Mac has to throw too? Prior to those WRs being acquired hurts was almost traded for Russell Wilson and Tua was benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick.. Mac went 10-7 with pretty much JAGs

I don’t think BoB’s feet are as “Happy” as his #1 QB’s are….

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back