PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrod Taylor Benched

My God, he had 56 yards passing in a game they trailed from the get go. That is worse than Manziel. If the Bills are winning, it is in spite of Taylor, not because of him.

Buffalo's offense is built around the running of McCoy, Tolbert and Taylor (busted plays and the like). The Bills have run more than they've passed (50/50 split with one more run than pass attempt). The game you're talking about was the last one and, despite the score, Taylor only had 18 attempts, as the Saints had the ball for more than 40 minutes.

The over-under on the Bills is 8, which is the same is the 538 projection.

2017 NFL Season Win Totals

You thought they would be 7-9 or 8-8.
An overachieving 5-4 team would be predicted at about 8 wind by anyone.

If you think analytic methods are total BS relative to your personal evaluation, then would you be willing to bet on your intuitions consistently? Or do you not think you could consistently out-perform analytic estimates?
Yes iam 100% Confident that id do better than a statistical calculation that takes into account nothing other than win, loss and score.

Given it looks like they are a 7-9 or 8-8 team, why is it a stupid approach?
Because when you are 5-4 you don’t hand yourself 4-5 losses and give up. You play to win and make the playoffs.

View attachment 18622 Tyrod is not a great quarterback, but he's probably a top 20 starter and he's definitely a top 25 one. The number of teams who have a franchise quarterback, one who instantly puts you in contention, is very small.

Certainly at least a top 32 one :p

If the Bills are serious about trying to make the playoffs, if they are interested in building a culture of winning, this is a bad choice.

If you have QB somewhere around 20th best, and a middling defense that is probably not going to make you one of the 12 best(playoff) teams.

Buffalo's offense is built around the running of McCoy, Tolbert and Taylor (busted plays and the like). The Bills have run more than they've passed (50/50 split with one more run than pass attempt). The game you're talking about was the last one and, despite the score, Taylor only had 18 attempts, as the Saints had the ball for more than 40 minutes.
So you are telling me that they cannot adapt to changing game situations. Sounds like a serious flaw.

If Billdo fans weren't so duchy I'd almost feel sorry for them.....almost

2001 December 27 New England Patriots 31–0 Buffalo Bills
2004 October 3 New England Patriots 31–17 Buffalo Bills Ralph
November 14 New England Patriots 29–6 Buffalo Bills
2005 October 30 New England Patriots 21–16 Buffalo Bills
December 11 New England Patriots 35–7 Buffalo Bills
2006 September 10 New England Patriots 19–17 Buffalo Bills
October 22 New England Patriots 28–6 Buffalo Bills
2007 September 23 New England Patriots 38–7 Buffalo Bills
November 18 New England Patriots 56–10 Buffalo Bills
2008 November 9 New England Patriots 20–10 Buffalo Bills
December 28 New England Patriots 13–0 Buffalo Bills Ralph
2009 September 14 New England Patriots 25–24 Buffalo Bills
December 20 New England Patriots 17–10 Buffalo Bills
2010 September 26 New England Patriots 38–30 Buffalo Bills
December 26 New England Patriots 34–3 Buffalo Bills

2011 September 25 Buffalo Bills 34–31 New England Patriots
January 1 New England Patriots 49–21 Buffalo Bills
2012 September 30 New England Patriots 52–28 Buffalo Bills
November 11 New England Patriots 37–31 Buffalo Bills Gillette Stadium
2013 September 8 New England Patriots 23–21 Buffalo Bills
December 29 New England Patriots 34–20 Buffalo Bills
2014 October 12 New England Patriots 37–22 Buffalo Bills

December 28 Buffalo Bills 17–9 New England Patriots ** Pats clinched home field throughout playoffs. Rest starters. *** Super Bowl Championship
2015 September 20 New England Patriots 40–32 Buffalo Bills
November 23 New England Patriots 20–13 Buffalo Bills

2016 October 2 Buffalo Bills 16–0 New England Patriots **Brady suspended for BS air crap. *** Super Bowl Championship
October 30 New England Patriots 41–25 Buffalo Bills

Yes i am 100% Confident that id do better than a statistical calculation that takes into account nothing other than win, loss and score.

I think there is a good chance you are right. I am not trying to dismiss the value of your insights. I have praised you for your predictions based on football insight before.

If you want to test it out for the rest of this year, let me know. We can see how you do against the Vegas line relative to 538. I gave you a link below as a tool, so you can predict game by game:

NFL Playoff Predictor - Playoff Predictors

If you are not in the mood, no worries!

Because when you are 5-4 you don’t hand yourself 4-5 losses and give up. You play to win and make the playoffs.

Which why I think there is a good chance that Peterman earned it. I agree there is also a chance it was a random panic move. Lets wait and see I guess.

I think there is a good chance you are right. I am not trying to dismiss the value of your insights. I have praised you for your predictions based on football insight before.

If you want to test it out for the rest of this year, let me know. We can see how you do against the Vegas line relative to 538. I gave you a link below as a tool, so you can predict game by game:

NFL Playoff Predictor - Playoff Predictors

If you are not in the mood, no worries!

Which why I think there is a good chance that Peterman earned it. I agree there is also a chance it was a random panic move. Lets wait and see I guess.
No clue what that link is. 538 is picking winners not against a spread.

If they think they have a better chance of winning with peterman they are imo nuts.
Not sure how they would judge “earning it” by running the scout team.

So you are telling me that they cannot adapt to changing game situations. Sounds like a serious flaw.

No, that's not what I'm telling you.

I’m talking about actually doing it not it being needed or saying you are going to do it.
Everyone preaches accountability, not everyone creates and enforces it, or even really understands it.

I thought they were on a good path under McDermott but then they for whatever reason traded for Kelvin Benjamin.

If Billdo fans weren't so duchy I'd almost feel sorry for them.....almost

2001 December 27 New England Patriots 31–0 Buffalo Bills
2004 October 3 New England Patriots 31–17 Buffalo Bills Ralph
November 14 New England Patriots 29–6 Buffalo Bills
2005 October 30 New England Patriots 21–16 Buffalo Bills
December 11 New England Patriots 35–7 Buffalo Bills
2006 September 10 New England Patriots 19–17 Buffalo Bills
October 22 New England Patriots 28–6 Buffalo Bills
2007 September 23 New England Patriots 38–7 Buffalo Bills
November 18 New England Patriots 56–10 Buffalo Bills
2008 November 9 New England Patriots 20–10 Buffalo Bills
December 28 New England Patriots 13–0 Buffalo Bills Ralph
2009 September 14 New England Patriots 25–24 Buffalo Bills
December 20 New England Patriots 17–10 Buffalo Bills
2010 September 26 New England Patriots 38–30 Buffalo Bills
December 26 New England Patriots 34–3 Buffalo Bills

2011 September 25 Buffalo Bills 34–31 New England Patriots
January 1 New England Patriots 49–21 Buffalo Bills
2012 September 30 New England Patriots 52–28 Buffalo Bills
November 11 New England Patriots 37–31 Buffalo Bills Gillette Stadium
2013 September 8 New England Patriots 23–21 Buffalo Bills
December 29 New England Patriots 34–20 Buffalo Bills
2014 October 12 New England Patriots 37–22 Buffalo Bills

December 28 Buffalo Bills 17–9 New England Patriots ** Pats clinched home field throughout playoffs. Rest starters. *** Super Bowl Championship
2015 September 20 New England Patriots 40–32 Buffalo Bills
November 23 New England Patriots 20–13 Buffalo Bills

2016 October 2 Buffalo Bills 16–0 New England Patriots **Brady suspended for BS air crap. *** Super Bowl Championship
October 30 New England Patriots 41–25 Buffalo Bills
Looks like there’s a bit of a trend here. Someone needs to point this out to the Bills fans.

Starting with the opening day drubbing in 2003 (SB appearance) after we moved on from Milloy, and continuing in 2011 (SB appearance), 2014 (SB appearance), and finally in 2016 (SB appearance), every year that Buffalo has stolen a game in the regular season, we end up in the damn Super Bowl.

I thought they were on a good path under McDermott but then they for whatever reason traded for Kelvin Benjamin.
I actually thought the Benjamin trade provided good value for a team lacking playmakers and trying to gain a WC spot for the first time in awhile.

They basically gave up a 3rd round pick and a throwaway 7th for a guy who was the 28th overall pick in the first round and who was (at the time) on pace for his 3rd season in 3 years of playing (sans ‘15 injury) of achieving 1,000 yards, or damn close to it. I think he had 941 and 7 touchdowns in a “down” year in 2016.

Of course, now he’ll likely go to waste in that joke of a system. Unless of course, Peterman turns out to be anything worth a damn.

It’s smoke and mirrors. A few upset wins made them look further along than they are.
Ultimately they are making awful personnel decisions and if they can’t draft strongly they will stay the same old bills

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back