PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrod Taylor Benched

I feel like the Bills' coach is, first and foremost, focused on building a new culture there. Guessing this move is with an eye to next season and beyond.

I have no idea if Peterman is the guy - but they will never win with Tyrod Taylor as their QB. So the move cannot be that bad.

I have no idea if Peterman is the guy - but they will never win with Tyrod Taylor as their QB. So the move cannot be that bad.
Never win is strong, they probably have to go 9-7 to get in the playoffs and that is not a crazy idea despite getting blowout by a good Saints team.

Blame the quarterback. This is when you know that the franchise has no idea how to win, when they think like fans and blame the quarterback when things go wrong.

I don't have a problem with Tyrod Tailor as a starting quarterback. He seems to have at least average NFL talent. The team around him is just bad and the coaching staff isn't up to the task of getting them to elevate their game, and as for the front office, the last 20 years of mediocricy says it better than I ever could.

The Bills franchise is punting its own responsibility for the weak performances of the last few years by blaming it all on the QB and hoping the fans butcher the sacrificial scapegoat and buy back into the franchise. Personally I have a bit more respect for Bills fans than all that, and I doubt it'll work. This is definitely a suit move though, make no mistake.

Taylor has won enough games to show that he's a good Qb. Unless the backup is lighting up the practices this looks like a desperation move. I watched the saints game and it's unfair to place all the blame on the qb. That defense was horrid and one of the ints was because the TE had the ball bounce off his hands. It's good for us though, Taylor usually plays well against us.

Hence the change?

They had a decent thing going in the first part of the season, overachieving by most measures despite jettisoning some noteworthy players.
They decimated the roster, won some games they shouldn’t have because of a slew of turnovers, nor are getting blown out and they turn to a 5th round rookie qb.
It’s like they are trying to lose.

The Bills have a boat load of extra picks to build with over the years. Also their cast offs former WR's Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins are doing really good with the Rams.

Damn, cold weather against Tyrod is a sure win. This is a good move by the Bills, Tyrod was too slow in his progression

I don't agree with this. They are 5-4 and 8-8 may be enough to make the playoffs depending on how tie breakers fall in the AFC.

It's true Taylor has not been all that good but he hasn't been bad either. Add in the fact the only note worthy weapon he has is LeSean McCoy and really what do you expect?

Their offense clearly isn't all that good but they are built to be a defensive team.

The only lose I truly put on Taylor is the 9-3 Carolina loss. You need to do more than that.

The Jets and Saints loses clearly fall on the D first and foremost (though the Saints are just out of their weight class to be honest).

The Bengals loss falls on both units equally. 16 points isn't enough on offense but a good D shouldn't that team score 20 points... They average less than 17 per game. Keep them under that if you're a good D.

I just think calling it a season isn't the right thing to do yet when you have a chance to make the playoffs.

Agreed
Tyrod has 1,684 passing yards and 10 TD's in 9 games, that's roughly 187 yards / 1 TD. Yes, he doesn't have many picks, but that production is not very good (last year on a team with a bad defense he averaged 201 yards / 1 TD).

It is strange that they are making this move now. They are 5-4 and still in at least the Wild Card hunt. Why blow it all up now? It was one bad loss to a good team. Seems like an overreaction. Even if you think you are not beating the Pats any time soon, you could still end up with a 10-6 or 9-7 record and make the playoffs. Curious tactics my dear Watson!

Oh just a side note. I have only seen a little of Nate Peterman but I think he has potential. Looks like a guy who may have a shot to be good. I don't expect much his first 7 games though.

Buffalo was doing it with smoke and mirrors early on. I cannot see them going 4-1 outside 2 losses to the Pats. Taylor is who he is - we have seen his ceiling. The change probably won’t be great to start - but doubt they have much to lose.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back