PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Or as he is affectionately known - Boney T by his Fans & Admirers...

So sunday, he basically laid down one of the most exciting play we've seen all year on that end around... not saying much all things considered, but still, silver linings as they say... In case your paper-bags blocked your view, here it is...

So... i get he is a bit on the fragile (I am putting that aside for now) but we gotta be able to use that speed to better effect, no? Is he still just stuck in a developmental stage? Can we expect to see anything more out of him... some times it takes a while to develop, no?

anyways an break down of TTs { [very] limited} production - Sack Jones v Beetle Bailey Zappe...

AiPXExk.jpg

Given Zappes limited reps this year, its surprising how close the numbers between the two actually are... Might he get a better chance to see what he has if Zappe continues to start? Am hoping this is one of those net positives that come from a lost season...

Oh well, just a thought

Ω

Last edited:
Or as he is affectionately known as Boney T by his Fans & Admirers...

So sunday, he basically laid down one of the most exciting play we've seen all year on that end around... not saying much all things considered, but still, silver linings as they say... In case your paper-bags blocked your view, here it is...

So... i get he is a bit on the fragile (I am putting that aside for now) but we gotta be able to use that speed to better effect, no? Is he still just stuck in a developmental stage? Can we expect to see anything more out of him... some times it takes a while to develop, no?

anyways an break down of TTs { [very] limited} production - Sack Jones v Beetle Bailey Zappe...

AiPXExk.jpg

Given Zappes limited reps this year, its surprising how close the numbers between the two actually are... Might he get a better chance to see what he has if Zappe continues to start? Am hoping this is one of those net positives that come from a lost season...

Oh well, just a thought

Ω

You'll forgive me if I temper my enthusiasm. Dude has exactly one highlight.

I appreciate you trying my man, it's tough being optimistic on this team. I will be optimistic in April, when Goodell says "The New England Patriots are on the clock."

Or as he is affectionately known as Boney T by his Fans & Admirers...

AiPXExk.jpg

Oh well, just a thought

Ω

Thornton is getting playing time because of injuries. When Douglas comes back, his reps are going to go down again.

A big reason why Thornton had no production with Mac was because Thornton was never on the field between being on IR and on the bench. That end around he ran on Sunday probably would have gone to Douglas if he was active.

You'll forgive me if I temper my enthusiasm. Dude has exactly one highlight.

I appreciate you trying my man, it's tough being optimistic on this team. I will be optimistic in April, when Goodell says "The New England Patriots are on the clock."
but but but i color coded the Sack Jones Games (jete green) and Zappes game...

A big reason why Thornton had no production with Mac was because Thornton was never on the field between being on IR and on the bench.

this is obviously true... now is the time for him to make that play for more game time, to make what reps he does get count...

Its been a disappointing journey so far... one I hope, but don't actually think unless proven otherwise, will end up well...

this is obviously true... now is the time for him to make that play for more game time, to make what reps he does get count...

Its been a disappointing journey so far... one I hope, but don't actually think unless proven otherwise, will end up well...

I still think when Douglas and Boutte come back, his reps will go back to where they were when Mac was QB.

I still think when Douglas and Boutte come back, his reps will go back to where they were when Mac was QB.
yes, i agree with that point.

Until they do though, Show us what ya got TT

Better production with Zappe vs Sack... not by much, but a little ... hope to see more

Last edited:
Evan Lazar had a tweet recently that showed Thornton was open a ton on Sunday but Zappe generally did not find him either due to pressure or just went to a different open read first. And then when he did try to hit him deep, it was dropped. Maybe the Pats see that on film this week and try to target Thornton more if Pop is still out. Granted, the Pittsburgh D is a lot better than the LA D.

The problem I have with the how he's being used is the exact same thing they are doing with Douglas and Harry previously - way too many obvious end arounds and/or bubble screens.

The deep pass that he dropped is what many of us envisioned he could bring to the Pats - stretching the field. We need to see more deep routes.

Boutte is a non-factor.

The deep pass that he dropped is what many of us envisioned he could bring to the Pats - stretching the field. We need to see more deep routes.
i think you are spot on... would like to see him connect on a fairly deep route 15+ yards... see what he can do if hit in stride

Williams -Daniels or Penix Jr. will find Tyquan next year no worries. Really tough to evaluate some WR's on this roster well not Juju and Parker we already know. :rolleyes: But Thornton and Boutte should be better next season if we get that QB. That said Jalen Reagor sucks!

Boutte is a non-factor.

He has gotten some playing time as of late and the more time he plays, he takes reps away from someone else. Thornton seems to be the guy who loses most of the reps. So even if he plays 5-10 plays, that could be 5-10 plays that Thornton loses.

Or as he is affectionately known - Boney T by his Fans & Admirers...

AiPXExk.jpg

Oh well, just a thought

Ω

Thornton almost broke it he just needs to hit the weights hard again and stay healthy next preseason. I think there's hope here.

Boutte is a non-factor.
That's the problem with Rookie WR's they can royally suck in year 1 and take off in year two. Again tough to evaluate Boutte with our poor QB play. :rolleyes:

He has gotten some playing time as of late and the more time he plays, he takes reps away from someone else. Thornton seems to be the guy who loses most of the reps. So even if he plays 5-10 plays, that could be 5-10 plays that Thornton loses.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

These wideouts. Bourne, Parker and Douglas seem to be the only ones at an NFL level. Pop seems to have a bright future, Parker is meh. Bourne would be a top producer in the right system.

That's the problem with Rookie WR's they can royally suck in year 1 and take off in year two. Again tough to evaluate Boutte with our poor QB play. :rolleyes:
That's my thing, man. These wideouts are bad and Boutte cannot get on the field. I will happily eat my words, if he blossoms, but I just don't see a bright future there. He's barely a JAG.

Williams -Daniels or Penix Jr. will find Tyquan next year no worries. Really tough to evaluate some WR's on this roster well not Juju and Parker we already know. :rolleyes: But Thornton and Boutte should be better next season if we get that QB. That said Jalen Reagor sucks!
Some of the guys that do film breakdown have pointed out that Boney T’s route running is horrible.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back