PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton

I refer T.T. as our “One Catch Wonder” since looking at the number of games he’s been paid for (31) he has caught a total of (31) passes. Now if he was drafted when he probably should have been (4th round) it wouldn’t be a big deal. But when you actually trade up to pick him in the 2nd round being a “One Catch Winder” does matter especially when the team is made up of basically a bunch of #3 receivers. One last statistic stands out and will more than likely get him a trip to the waiver wire shortly after this season concludes. To date this year, Ty has contributed 56 total receiving yards! That’s not last weeks yardage, that’s for the entire season! Compare that to another “speedster” - Ty Hill who has 1,542 receiving yards so far this season! Ouch!!

I wanted Christian Watson. He ran a sub 4.4 40 and played in the slot (along with every other receiver position in college, including returner). He also is 6'4 and didn't need to add any weight. I was livid when he was sitting there when they picked in the 2nd round and took T.T. instead. Granted, Watson had some injuries in his rookie season. But, none were serious and they weren't because of his slight build. He's become a valuable WR to Green Bays offense.

I think it is fair to question the patriots offensive system with multiple different route combinations based on the defense and requiring the QB/WR to make those same reads. it's only worked with one guy. a super-computer in Tom brady.

the Belichick coaching tree has been a disaster and failed everywhere trying to implement the same offense.

compare that to the shanahan offense which has flourished everywhere its been implemented basically. turning guys like Purdy/Tua into looking like good QB's. and I mean Jimmy G looked great in san fran for awhile too...just too injury prone.

I don't know what the basic difference is between BB's and Shanahan's offense is. Can you summarize?

I don't know what the basic difference is between BB's and Shanahan's offense is. Can you summarize?

honestly, no idea. but it does seem to be pretty QB friendly.

or maybe its just that Miami/san fran have amazing receivers.

I’ll give T.T. this - he’s the most consistent WR in the league. Another game in the books and another single catch added to the stat line. If you want a 4th or 5th receiver that you can count on for 17 receptions per year - he’s your guy!!

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me WHY we aren't even throwing the ball his way?

Is he running bad routes?

I wanted Christian Watson. He ran a sub 4.4 40 and played in the slot (along with every other receiver position in college, including returner). He also is 6'4 and didn't need to add any weight. I was livid when he was sitting there when they picked in the 2nd round and took T.T. instead. Granted, Watson had some injuries in his rookie season. But, none were serious and they weren't because of his slight build. He's become a valuable WR to Green Bays offense.
Watson was drafted number 34 much earlier. He fell out of first round. When Thornton was drafted we had pierce and Pickens and I think unanimously everyone wanted to draft either of these 2 and bill thre a curveball and we were like who ???? Similar to the strange drafting...

22 draft looking like a bust now and I think if zappe pans out then we would be talking about 2022 differently few years down the line. Strange, Marcus, zappe , Harris and schooler remaining I guess.

This week! Perfect opportunity for Tyquan Thornton to have his long awaited breakout game. Boutte and Juju are both out, if there ever is a time for TT to step up this is it!

what’s over/under for his catch count? I’m guessing 3.5 and I think I’ll take the under. What do you think?

This week! Perfect opportunity for Tyquan Thornton to have his long awaited breakout game. Boutte and Juju are both out, if there ever is a time for TT to step up this is it!

what’s over/under for his catch count? I’m guessing 3.5 and I think I’ll take the under. What do you think?
Good week for hell to freeze over too. :)
Bored GIF

“One Catch Wonder” continues his streak…

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back