PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law: Guaranteed Pats wouldn't have won the SB with Brady in 2020

No, you really can't. And it's "tit for tat"

That's not remotely clear.

It is remotely clear to anyone else but you. But thanks for the grammar police though.

Again, you named one starter gone. I mentioned six starters gone. You think Andrews was more important to the Patriots than Edelman, the entire 2019 starting LBing corp, and half the 2019 defensive line?

And the Pats are currently far apart on a contract with Andrews? Fudge! Just make him the highest paid center in the league and be done with it. He is more important than half the Patriots' defense and Julian Edelman combined. If we lose Andrews, we may not win a game next year.

No, you really can't. And it's "tit for tat"

That's not remotely clear. It is, in fact, nonsense.
Oh it’s clear to anyone who doesn’t have an agenda which requires them to abandon being honest deny it.

They have rings that they won as a team. Slicing up who gets what share of hypothetical credit for the accomplishment doesn’t matter to players.
Baloney. They ALL want the credit. Law has been beating the drum since his HoF selection. Like I said, I don't blame him but folks chalk it all up to Brady given he is still playing and winning chips.

And the Pats are currently far apart on a contract with Andrews? Fudge! Just make him the highest paid center in the league and be done with it. He is more important than half the Patriots' defense combined.
LOL. Not in Bill's DNA.

Oh it’s clear to anyone who doesn’t have an agenda which requires them to abandon being honest deny it.

Deus has been doing this crap for as long I have been here and that is like a decade. He has always been part of the Brady cult and Belichick haters long before it was cool to be there.

LOL. Not in Bill's DNA.

Even for a guy who as good as six players combined? I would think Belichick would go against the grain and offer Andrews top tier QB money.

Even for a guy who as good as six players combined? I would think Belichick would go against the grain and offer Andrews top tier QB money.
His first offer reportedly was insulting to Andrews. Not a great start to the neg. process.

Brady made the best move of his career leaving and going to a team to get his 7th ring and 5th SB MVP and they are the faves to come out of the NFC this season as well. He is getting the story book ending that was never going to happen in NE and he added to his legacy winning with a different team in the NFC.

Now, I really wish folks like Law would stop carrying Newton's water. No one wants him back as the starter regardless of the upgrades made to the roster this off-season.
Just to be clear are you saying this is the best move Brady made in his entire career or just this stage of it?

Just to be clear are you saying this is the best move Brady made in his entire career or just this stage of it?
This stage of his career. He was not going to have a chance to compete for rings with us and the current roster, now he has already won one in his first season with a new team and a great chance to win a second.

His first offer reportedly was insulting to Andrews. Not a great start to the neg. process.

It is a negotiations. I don't care about that until it gets close to crunch time. It is all gamesmanship up until then. Each side trying to get the upper hand.

He's not wrong. Our roster was garbage. We were not winning a super bowl with Jakobi meyers as our only wide receiver

It is a negotiations. I don't care about that until it gets close to crunch time. It is all gamesmanship up until then. Each side trying to get the upper hand.
True but Bill does not make dummy offers either. He pulls no punches. Whatever he offered is what he sees as Andrews value. He may come up a little but if Andrews felt the initial offer was insulting, chances are he hits the market.

The legal tampering period can't start soon enough.....

That's a statement Captain obvious would make. How are they going to even make the playoffs with one WR, half a d-line, one quarter of a LB corps, 1/8th of a TE?

Baloney. They ALL want the credit. Law has been beating the drum since his HoF selection. Like I said, I don't blame him but folks chalk it all up to Brady given he is still playing and winning chips.
Nah. People who waste their time posting on message boards care about debating who was responsible for a team winning. Players know you win as a team and it’s about winning now demeaning your teammates who you win with to make people think you deserve extra credit.

If Andrews expects 7 mill or more a year it’s very good news to hear the first offer was insulting.

True but Bill does not make dummy offers either. He pulls no punches. Whatever he offered is what he sees as Andrews value. He may come up a little but if Andrews felt the initial offer was insulting, chances are he hits the market.
As he should.

I’d argue we maybe would have made the playoffs still.

Then again, maybe not. The AFC 7th seed was 11 wins. Kinda doubt we would’ve reached that mark. 9-10 at best.

Because the Pat's did not have AB.

That's where it all went wrong.
Well the whole sequence of events leading to where we are now started in a Florida massage parlor. But AB getting tossed aside was certainly a notable event.

He's right and this is why I wanted Tom to leave so he'd have a better chance to win elsewhere (which he did in his first year). Talk about a wild idea: give Tom Brady talent and you'll win the Super Bowl. Nah. :rolleyes:

Bill the GM has done a pretty terrible job since 2019 and the sole reason the talent is bare here.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back