PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Try to be positive for once

So you claim there is too much positivity here. Go to the GameDay thread on day. I have been here since at least 2002 if not sooner and this place is just hate. Being Critical is fine but even in a thread where I want some simple positivity it still devolves into trashing the team
If you are going to take me on, consider cultivating enough integrity honestly to represent my views. At no point did I say there is "too much positivity" here. I have objected to this asinine mandate - frequently to be seen in a mod's posts - that we must limit ourselves to fanboy happy talk or run the risk being accused of being a "troll" for having driven such fragile participants as you apparently are into some sort of weepy, triggered condition. It is a foolish and unworthy request given the dismal state of our team. It is in effect a mandate that we limit ourselves to dishonest discussion in keeping with a state of delusion re the team's condition, which is a ridiculous request on any adult forum.

No one favors gratuitous negativity, but genuine discussion is simply not possible where one is forbidden to call a spade a spade, a failed coach a failed coach, a Pop Warner offense a Pop Warner offense.

Last edited:
If you are going to take me on, consider cultivating enough integrity honestly to represent my views. At no point did I say there is "too much positivity" here. I have objected to this asinine mandate - frequently to be seen in a mod's posts - that we must limit ourselves to fanboy happy talk or run the risk being accused of being a "troll" for having driven such fragile participants as you apparently are into some sort of weepy, triggered condition. It is a foolish and unworthy request given the dismal state of our team. It is in effect a mandate that we limit ourselves to dishonest discussion in keeping with a state of delusion re the team's condition, which is a ridiculous request on any adult forum.

No one favors gratuitous negativity, but genuine discussion is simply not possible where one is forbidden to call a spade a spade, a failed coach a failed coach, a Pop Warner offense a Pop Warner offense.
This is the crap I mean all you say is the negative I have expressed many times the failings of this team but all there is in here is negative. Yet you still imply that it is not being negative

I mean, positivity can be overrated, and let's face it, we complain. It's what we do. We had a record 21-game winning streak, and all anybody wanted to talk about was the punter.

Now there's a lot of really good players on our team playing well this year. Which makes it even more frustrating. It gives me Eason/Bledsoe nightmare flashbacks.

It's tough to be a head coach. Berry blew it coddling Eason, and Bill may be blowing it now. But Bill's earned the benefit of the doubt. Plenty of people were convinced he was a failure as a head coach two games into 2001. One or two things change or get rectified, and we're in contention. I hope for that.

Hey, at least we aren't the Jetes!

here's something positive, get in price for tomorrow's game is only $45, posted for those who might like to go to a game for cheap $...I'd post that in the pregame thread but apparently one of the mods was overly sensitive and banned me...

here's something positive, get in price for tomorrow's game is only $45, posted for those who might like to go to a game for cheap $...I'd post that in the pregame thread but apparently one of the mods was overly sensitive and banned me...
There's a high of 18 degrees tomorrow. A lot of people are going to stay home for this one.

The thing that was weird is it seemed like the offensive line issues almost disappeared when Zappe was starting. I don't know what they were doing differently but they need to go back to it.
It doesn't show up directly on the stat sheet but Zappe just seems to have more pocket feel and ability to extend plays/make plays on the run when the pocket breaks down. For Mac, he'll be staring a WR down, not notice a guy gets near him until it happens then take the sack or throw up a wounded duck for an INT. And it happens again and again. It's like he doesn't have any pocket awareness.

I don't care if the Patriots staff are saying they 'dumb down' plays for Zappe. If Zappe is leading you to touchdown drives instead of endless Field Goals in the red zone, more of that please!

There's a high of 18 degrees tomorrow. A lot of people are going to stay home for this one.

What I'm wondering about is how icy it's going to be everywhere with all this rain today followed by a hard freeze tonight. Sidewalks, steps, inside of the stadium, etc. -- could be tough getting around tomorrow.

On the plus side, two more years of this and BB will have his record AND season ticket sellers--oops I mean holders--will hopefully open up the damn waiting list
You must not have watched the game he played against the Bears in the 2nd half then. I'd play that one back as well.
Careful, you're sounding awful negative there, Ashley! :poop:

Of course this is tongue in cheek. Zappe didn't shine in that game either. But overall he's shown us way more than Mac Jones has in 2022.

At one point he had more touchdown passes than Mac Jones in fewer appearances.

If we're saying positive talk is good, why suppress the fact that Bailey Zappe started the season with 100+ QB ratings in his first 3 appearances? Is it negative to want the better QB this year to play to give the team a better chance to win?

1671815783183.png

Meanwhile look at Mac Jones last 3 starts.

1671815910297.png

And tell me why we are clamoring to keep Mac Jones on the field when we have a replacement waiting in the wings who has played better?

Careful, you're sounding awful negative there, Ashley! :poop:

Of course this is tongue in cheek. Zappe didn't shine in that game either. But overall he's shown us way more than Mac Jones has in 2022.

At one point he had more touchdown passes than Mac Jones in fewer appearances.

If we're saying positive talk is good, why suppress the fact that Bailey Zappe started the season with 100+ QB ratings in his first 3 appearances? Is it negative to want the better QB this year to play to give the team a better chance to win?

View attachment 48469

Meanwhile look at Mac Jones last 3 starts.

View attachment 48470

And tell me why we are clamoring to keep Mac Jones on the field when we have a replacement waiting in the wings who has played better?

Nobody is "clamoring" to keep Mac on the field. But the people "clamoring" for Bailey are wasting their time and cherrypicking stats from limited samples proves nothing.

The Zappe guys criticize Mac because he can't play behind and then use it as an excuse for Zappe :confused:
Mac had a meltdown on national TV. Everybody saw his negative body language and demeanor. Do we need to mention the fact he had only 112 total passing yards and 3.6 yards per attempt? He's incapable of leading a team to a comeback, no less a win at this point. He's cooked, stick a fork in him.

seinfeld-im-done.gif

Going 7-0 would shut up the Negative Nancies….

At least, until free agency LOL!

@Kontradiction has been starting the "draft Anthony Richardson" train already. Ugh so frustrating. Please stop. Such a troll. Darn him. Can't believe he's already pushing that agenda.

But this needed to be said. There really aren't many trolls on this site. A good troll is fun.

Unrelated to this post and your shiitposting asss.

Pats are definition of an average team. 7-7 in standings but close games don't really matter as much. Especially 3 points or less. Those are coin flips. Taking away "close games" we're 4-4 I believe.

I mean we might have a shot at AR15. I'm not bringing it up again.

We could develop him while see what Mac has next year. Worst case we have a good problem with two good QB's. Ahh I did it again.
He won't be 22 until May!!! Ok I'm done, I'm done.

Only on this forum, discussing a QB change is considered negative. :haha:

Hey if you feel AR15 is the guy, let's trade up and get him. I've rarely seen you be wrong on the blue chip guys.

The thing some people seem to forget is, the reason changes are being suggested, is not negativity, it's because we want to see this team winning more games.

If mistakes are never acknowledged they can't be corrected. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Positives: This team still has a very good defensive unit and plenty of talent stockpiled there.

Now they need the offense to pull its own weight. As we saw in that game against the Raiders, even a defensive pick SIX wasn't enough to secure the win. The offense is just not good enough in the red zone this season to make those plays to win out in the close games.

A lot of changes need to be made to correct course for next season. It's got to start with all the offensive coaches, Matt Patricia and Joe Judge need to be replaced in those positions of OC and QB coach respectively. You can keep them on the team but not at their current jobs. QB - There needs to be an open QB competition. And I'm not against spending a high draft pick on a new QB to compete with Mac and Zappe and possibly beat them out. In the NFL you can't win big games without elite QB talent.

Only on this forum, discussing a QB change is considered negative. :haha:

Hey if you feel AR15 is the guy, let's trade up and get him. I've rarely seen you be wrong on the blue chip guys.
AR15s are banned in Massachusetts.
The thing some people seem to forget is, the reason changes are being suggested, is not negativity, it's because we want to see this team winning more games.
Spot on the money. Its about the whole team winning.
If mistakes are never acknowledged they can't be corrected. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.
Agreed.
Positives: This team still has a very good defensive unit and plenty of talent stockpiled there.
Some people thought that the Pats were doomed without rookie sensation Jack Jones vs the Raiders. Marcus Jones put on a show as a rookie vs stud WR Devante Adams. That is so special to see.
Now they need the offense to pull its own weight. As we saw in that game against the Raiders, even a defensive pick SIX wasn't enough to secure the win. The offense is just not good enough in the red zone this season to make those plays to win out in the close games.
The NE defense is getting burned out every game. The Pats punter needs to be used less.
A lot of changes need to be made to correct course for next season. It's got to start with the all the offensive coaches, Matt Patricia and Joe Judge need to be replaced in those positions of OC and QB coach respectively. You can keep them on the team but not at their current jobs. QB - There needs to be an open QB competition. And I'm not against spending a high draft pick on a new QB to compete with Mac and Zappe and possibly beat them out. In the NFL you can't win big games without elite QB talent.
The Pats need to get a QB high in this draft.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back