PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Try to be positive for once

The margin for victory is so close. One play -- stupid or just lucky/unlucky -- often decides a game. This year seems especially nuts. As dumb as our game was, it wasn't even the worst loss -- the Colts blew a 33 point lead. And the Texans had the Chiefs on the ropes. We're not that far away.

That is truly too bad.

If the team fired Patricia, moved Judge to ST's, the team would have reasonable prospects going into 2023. Obviously, the search for a coaching staff would be critical, as it was before 2022.
I was willing to give Patricia a chance but it seems like he just isn't doing it. Our thoughts at the beginning of the year were that we'd have a decent defense and the offense would catch up. Instead the offense has fallen off quite a bit. I don't see how it's anything but poor coaching.

In the end though, I feel like I'm playing with house money as far as my fandom goes so I have more patience.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey, Kellen Moore, Pete Carmichael, Shane Waldron, and Scott Turner are all lightyears better. This also doesn't count the head coaches that call their own plays like Reid, McVay, Shanahan, Zac Taylor etc. If there is a list of 32 play callers Patricia should be within shooting distance of number 32.
I don't agree, they simply have better players and can get away with failure to commit to the run.

Umm... All of them?
Time and time again I see other teams take themselves out of games they could otherwise win by dropping their quarterback back to be sacked, picked or pressured into an incompletion. When they should have simply ran to control the game, take the pressure off their QB and create short yardage 2nd & 3rd down situations, if not move the chains on the ground.

No different from Matty P.

No offense, seriously, but I don't think you know what the word troll means. Trolling is just typing **** for the sake of pissing off other people, not to really bring true value to the discussion. Being a negative nancy doesn't make you a troll. It just makes you a pessimist. Like @Kontradiction is a troll. Not me. I'm just a negative lil bish
@Kontradiction has been starting the "draft Anthony Richardson" train already. Ugh so frustrating. Please stop. Such a troll. Darn him. Can't believe he's already pushing that agenda.

But this needed to be said. There really aren't many trolls on this site. A good troll is fun.

Unrelated to this post and your shiitposting asss.

Pats are definition of an average team. 7-7 in standings but close games don't really matter as much. Especially 3 points or less. Those are coin flips. Taking away "close games" we're 4-4 I believe.

I mean we might have a shot at AR15. I'm not bringing it up again.

We could develop him while see what Mac has next year. Worst case we have a good problem with two good QB's. Ahh I did it again.

He won't be 22 until May!!! Ok I'm done, I'm done.

Perhaps top coaches and assistants just don't want to work for Belichick, with his sons helping him run the team, and no one else has much of a secure future.

I have no evidence.

The alternative is truly sad. Belichick may believe that Patricia and Judge are the best coaching leadership for the patriots on Offense, and that his kids are the best coaching leadership on Defense. And since this team is so great, they need little help, less than any other team in the league. fewer coaches and no coordinators.

And Belichick must truly believe that the very best OL coach for the patriots is Patricia working part time at the position.

Its difficult to be positive right now. I can only imagine that is so much harder for "newer" followers of our team. Some of you have never known a TRULY awful Patriots team.(Anyone who has started following us in the last twenty years? ) Nevertheless we have some decent young players. I just worry that Bill may have crossed some imaginary and cataclysmic line. His last post game press conference was troubling at best. I have never seen him so meek. For me he was the GOAT. Whether he still is, is certainly now up for debate.

Its difficult to be positive right now. I can only imagine that is so much harder for "newer" followers of our team. Some of you have never known a TRULY awful Patriots team.(Anyone who has started following us in the last twenty years? ) Nevertheless we have some decent young players. I just worry that Bill may have crossed some imaginary and cataclysmic line. His last post game press conference was troubling at best. I have never seen him so meek. For me he was the GOAT. Whether he still is, is certainly now up for debate.
It's almost impossible not to be negative after such an embarrassing end to the last game, no matter how long we've been following the team (for me that's been from their birth). This loss reminds me of the Miami miracle last play and nobody was asked to cheer up after that debacle. Same with the recent embarrassing losses to Buffalo. The "let your smile be your umbrella" strategy doesn't work all that well with everyone. Heck, I know some fans who still have problems talking about the helmet catch, and that was 15 years ago.

We can only guess what's going on with the coaching but I'll take a stab at it. Bill and Bob saw an opportunity to bring in coaches for 0 dollars and since Bill's kid was with the defense they put MP and JJ with the offense. That resulted in one or both of those coaches having issues with some of the players. Bill was then caught in the middle trying to support the new coaches.

I'll give us something positive - McDermott! Crosby is lauded as being one of the best DE's in the NFL, and he didn't affect the game that much. I realize Henry was in to double team a lot, but that's what's expected. And Connor has done well the last 2 games. I know he's not young, but if we can lock him up for a fairly cheap deal for 2-3 years, I'd love going into '23 with a consistent and known OL. And can only get better with another LT draft pick, and Steuber, Hines, Russey returning.

McDermott's ok enough as a one-year, non-guaranteed, vet-minimum candidate/camp body for the Swing Tackle position; but certainly not as one of the starters;
Stubby's not good enough to even be the backup Swing Tackle because he's strictly a 3rd-string, practice-squad ceiling Right Tackle;
Chasin' 'Hinds should re-learn the Center position; otherwise he's just a Right Guard, and we might not keep a RG-Only as one of the backups so he's destined for the PS as well;
And unfortunately for Russey, as long as Thanksdad is in the building he will Never be given a Legit chance to be the primary backup Center here; he might need to show that he can also play Left Guard at an NFL-caliber replacement level.

Celtics and Bruins are playing well. Lol

Might want to be careful about the Celtics.

"Playing well" can only be a Boston sports fan description.
Bruins nearly 40% of the way through the year and on course for the greatest regular season in NHL history.
Celtics in short slump after long road trip and still on course to be #1 or #2 in the East.

"Playing well" can only be a Boston sports fan description.
Bruins nearly 40% of the way through the year and on course for the greatest regular season in NHL history.
Celtics in short slump after long road trip and still on course to be #1 or #2 in the East.
It's been going on forever.

The Sox & B's were really good in the 50's, just a tad short of the Yankees & Habs.

Then they went through doldrums in the 60's... until 1967.

Our Pats were good until then. That started the longest losing stretch in our history: Seven (7) seasons. Not twenty. Not even ten.

Now? We might not make the playoffs this year.

That'll make a whopping one (1) year in a row.

Above average? Their record says otherwise. They are the definition of average. In fact, calling them average is a compliment I'm not sure they deserve.

My major concern is that the team looks very disorganized and undisciplined. Even when BB was coaching a losing team, his players generally seemed organized and highly disciplined. This team is totally different. I am st

My major concern is that the team looks very disorganized and undisciplined. Even when BB was coaching a losing team, his players generally seemed organized and highly disciplined. This team is totally different. I am st
In '01, Bill brought in hungry, tough, experienced guys. Lots of them.

Some coaches instill toughness in their players, like Lombardi. Bill's not one of them.

It's been going on forever.

The Sox & B's were really good in the 50's, just a tad short of the Yankees & Habs.

Then they went through doldrums in the 60's... until 1967.

Our Pats were good until then. That started the longest losing stretch in our history: Seven (7) seasons. Not twenty. Not even ten.

Now? We might not make the playoffs this year.

That'll make a whopping one (1) year in a row.
There's a misconception about the history of the Pats and it reveals the power of the press. For every decade they played the Pats had a solid team. In the 70's they were robbed of their first SB, in the 80's they made it but faced a team who hadn't allowed a point in the playoffs and in the 90's they made it again but were sabotaged by their own HC.

I feel blessed to have been a Boston sports fan all my life. I've seen two of my four teams have the greatest run of winning in their sport, the C's in the 60's-70's and the Pats in the 2000's. There's also the big, bad Bruins with Bobby Orr and the Sox until they went on strike. It's been a great ride.

Has to be the dumbest team Bill has ever coached, its basically the same team from last year that just went to **** for some reason.

There's a misconception about the history of the Pats and it reveals the power of the press. For every decade they played the Pats had a solid team. In the 70's they were robbed of their first SB, in the 80's they made it but faced a team who hadn't allowed a point in the playoffs and in the 90's they made it again but were sabotaged by their own HC.

I feel blessed to have been a Boston sports fan all my life. I've seen two of my four teams have the greatest run of winning in their sport, the C's in the 60's-70's and the Pats in the 2000's. There's also the big, bad Bruins with Bobby Orr and the Sox until they went on strike. It's been a great ride.
The False Laughingstock Narrative

Episodes & incidents, most of which are more accurately described as colorful, funny and charming are instead ridiculed due to resentment of Billy Sullivan.

Billy looks a lot better compared to the owners of today. His contemporaries are exposed today, torn down off their pedestals by the informed among us.

We won. More than most. Pride which SHOULD be encouraged in our old alumni is minimized by complicity in the denigration by ownership, and false regret reacting to this century's success, instead of just admiration and sharing in the good times.

I do not recall any Cubs fans moaning about how Ron Santo & Ernie Banks sucked.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back