PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers to be released by the Lions

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Really no surprise with his injuries and 10 million cap hit.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him back

If he could play like he did in his first stint here, it would be a no-brainer to bring him back. But that's a big "if."

I have NO freakin' idea why the first Flowers thread was closed, but if there are going to be Bobby Wagner and EVERY FA WR threads, there might as well be a thread about a very good player that we probably can afford and would be an immediate upgrade to our defense. I hope that doesn't make too much sense to be board material, BUT........

In a heartbeat at the right price. Opposite Judon, beside Barmore, adn there could be some real power there.

I have fond memories but they are in the distant past at this point.

And I understand that people who follow the Lions have zero fond memories of his time there. He is their N'keal.

Boring! Not impactful enough. He hosed Detroit with that ridiculous contract they gave him. He was never that great and now he's also injury prone. Pass.

No thanks . We need our young LBs to get experience. No point going back to veterans and stunting the development of these folks. We should have a prime team for 2023 and 2024 . We need to use 2022 season as a practice season . It goes against what we have done . But honestly trying to compete for 2022 without team going you get will set us back again. We need to identify the next rung of leaders and that requires to throw them deep and asking them to figure out how to swim.

No thanks . We need our young LBs to get experience. No point going back to veterans and stunting the development of these folks. We should have a prime team for 2023 and 2024 . We need to use 2022 season as a practice season . It goes against what we have done . But honestly trying to compete for 2022 without team going you get will set us back again. We need to identify the next rung of leaders and that requires to throw them deep and asking them to figure out how to swim.
?? It's a totally different position. He's a 300 pounder, not competing with 240 pound guys.

Boring! Not impactful enough. He hosed Detroit with that ridiculous contract they gave him. He was never that great and now he's also injury prone. Pass.
He hosed Detroit? lol, come on man... that's ridiculous

what was he supposed to do, say no to the nice man offering him 90 million dollars, with 50 million upfront????

Last edited:
I think the fact that he has missed time the last two seasons might lower his asking price...that and him still pocketing his big signing bonus from 2018...

I hope?

Teams that overpay “ hose” themselves, you can’t blame a player for the amount that f money a team offers them. I don’t think the team is going in the direction where he would fit into their plans, so I don’t see him treyurning.

WhisperedSlushyHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif

200w.gif

This desire to hire back ex-players of the dynasty in an attempt to relive their glory days is boring. The dynasty is dead. Time to re-stock with new young players or really talented high end vets.

He hosed Detroit? lol, come on man... that's ridiculous

what was he supposed to do, say no to the nice man offering him 90 million dollars, with 50 million upfront????
My point was his play wasn't nearly representative of the contract. They paid him like a top DE in the NFL, which he wasn't, before or after the contract. He's nothing special, the Patriots don't need another mediocre player, they have too many already.

I have NO freakin' idea why the first Flowers thread was closed, but if there are going to be Bobby Wagner and EVERY FA WR threads, there might as well be a thread about a very good player that we probably can afford and would be an immediate upgrade to our defense. I hope that doesn't make too much sense to be board material, BUT........
Hey Ken, I'm not actually sure why it got locked either. It might've been an accident. I just unlocked it and merged your thread into it.

?? It's a totally different position. He's a 300 pounder, not competing with 240 pound guys.
Flowers is not a 300 lber
He is a 43 DE/34 OLB

My point was his play wasn't nearly representative of the contract. They paid him like a top DE in the NFL, which he wasn't, before or after the contract. He's nothing special, the Patriots don't need another mediocre player, they have too many already.
He was very good here.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back