PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers to be released by the Lions

4 man line, 2 lb, 5 dbs

Judon plays on the line as a DE.

And Phillips was the safety who played in the box most, not Dugger.
Take the L and move on. From their own website. Can't wait for you next rebuttal arguing why the team is wrong.

Pats DC.png

Take the L and move on. From their own website. Can't wait for you next rebuttal arguing why the team is wrong.

View attachment 41687
Look at the film. I could not care less what an “unofficial depth chart” says.
Do you seriously think Tavai replaces Judon, winovich backs up Guy, or Carl Davis plays DE?
Please. Do yourself a favor and instead of trying to defend your incorrect belief go look at the film and learn something. Look at how Judon aligns. Look at the techniques he uses, look at what he does on a pass play. Then look at other LBs and DEs.
Isn’t learning something a win? Beats repeating a misconception over and over, then adding an egotistical attitude as if you were right.

Cannot believe how many people are dismissing Flowers based on his play in the sewage that is the Lions. Nothing works there, it's just the way it is

Even if he is at 80% of what he was on his time here, a line of Flowers, Barmore gets me gitty, adding Judon to the rushing mix, oh boy. I think he blossomed in our system because he had to control himself more, as with the Lions they gave him too much of pass. What I mean is that i really dont remember him being a "overshooter" the Judon seemed at the end of the Season.

Plus, I cant see him having a great market. If we are willing to pay 10M for 3 years of Wise (IIRC), 3y, 15M-20M seems like a good range for once prime player not yet at his 30s

Also, anyone claiming that "we dont need mediocrity", you realize that just bc he didnt do as well one or two years somewhere else, there could be a lot of correlating factors at play for one player's perfomance right?

Man, if we get Wagner and Flower, id be way more comfortable at going hard at the secondary in the draft (lots of CBs are coming as plug-and-play options nowadays).

Last edited:
Look at the film. I could not care less what an “unofficial depth chart” says.
Do you seriously think Tavai replaces Judon, winovich backs up Guy, or Carl Davis plays DE?
Please. Do yourself a favor and instead of trying to defend your incorrect belief go look at the film and learn something. Look at how Judon aligns. Look at the techniques he uses, look at what he does on a pass play. Then look at other LBs and DEs.
Isn’t learning something a win? Beats repeating a misconception over and over, then adding an egotistical attitude as if you were right.
You can clearly see on the field 3 down lineman and Judon standing up as a LB with someone else opposite of him. He refers himself as an OLB. Go on Judon's Twitter or something and tell him what position he really plays.

One thing I'd expect: RELEASED PLAYERS are more what BB will go for this year than CFAs. If JC gets a big payday somewhere else (expected now), and HT or DMac or Bentley or Karras or Brown go elsewhere, BB might prefer to protect that 3rd rounders for next year.

I expect those released players, who don't count against comp picks, to be BB's hunting ground, other than maybe one or two mid-low level CFAs, which would be offset by the guys we lose below JC.

They had a #1 CB and let him go. They have WAY TOO MANY needs for a team that spent like drunken sailors last offseason. What was it?... over $200 million with $160 million guaranteed.

I get it, Belichick flushed ridiculous amounts of money and cap space down the toilet... $50 mil to Smith for 1 TD and a few running plays, $25 mil to Agholor for less than 500 yards, $30 mil to Wise for 0.2 sacks per game, $16 mil for Godchauk for nothing at all, and some guy named Henry Anderson got $7 mil or at least I think that actually happened.

I don't know but the team seems like a million miles away from competing with Buffalo, which has to be the end game, so they need to go after one or two big name impactful players on both sides of the ball. It's not my job to figure out the money/cap space, I just know it needs to happen for the team to enter into any conversation of being relevant again.

Whatever your scouting report says, neither player is good enough to make the team better. Meaning I don't think Flowers over Van Noy gives them a better chance of winning.
So, yeah, let's go sign more big FAs who will disappoint you.

The Pats paid for about 50 years of service among their many acquisitions last year. How about a little patience?

They had a #1 CB and let him go.

Most likely yes, because he was no longer going to demand UDFA rookie money, and instead will now cost top of the market CB1 money, which curtails their ability to maintain or improve other positions (including their other CB positions and depth).

They have WAY TOO MANY needs for a team that spent like drunken sailors last offseason. What was it?... over $200 million with $160 million guaranteed.

Having too many needs and wanting to then spend top of the market dollars on one position don't seem to fit together as ideas in my mind. Also, I'm tired of hearing about how much total money they spent without factoring in the number of years for those contracts and how easy it is to get out from under them. For example, Agholor at worst is done after this year, but they save a lot of cap space if they trade or cut him before it.

so they need to go after one or two big name impactful players on both sides of the ball.

I think this just comes down to a philosophical difference we may have with how to build a team. You seem to like the strategy of get a handful of impact players, then fill in the rest with rookies and vet minimum guys. I prefer having a better middle class and better depth. Neither philosophy is objectively wrong, but that seems to be the impasse we're arguing against. Most free agent acquisitions are going to appear disappointing if the only ones you think matter are the big name guys.

Didn't they beat Buffalo last year? Once anyway?

One thing I'd expect: RELEASED PLAYERS are more what BB will go for this year than CFAs. If JC gets a big payday somewhere else (expected now), and HT or DMac or Bentley or Karras or Brown go elsewhere, BB might prefer to protect that 3rd rounders for next year.

I expect those released players, who don't count against comp picks, to be BB's hunting ground, other than maybe one or two mid-low level CFAs, which would be offset by the guys we lose below JC.

This is a great point. JC Jackson is obviously going to sign for enough $$ to qualify the Pats for a 3rd in 2023 (good for him) and BB is probably eyeing keeping that extra 3rd rounder. How do you do that? Sign released players. Preserving the 3rd round comp pick should not drive the whole rebuilding, but it is a consideration.

This is a great point. JC Jackson is obviously going to sign for enough $$ to qualify the Pats for a 3rd in 2023 (good for him) and BB is probably eyeing keeping that extra 3rd rounder. How do you do that? Sign released players. Preserving the 3rd round comp pick should not drive the whole rebuilding, but it is a consideration.
Yeah, if you're going to sign a top-end FA, you have to consider that it's also costing you a 3rd round pick. Not a deal breaker, but a consideration.

I wouldn't be surprised to see BB go and grab someone like Vander Esch, but that would be covered by Trent Brown or DT, probably. So any considerations.

View attachment 41687
Using the "official" roster as proof of anything pretty much gives you the L. Do you think those positional designations come straight from Bill? No, it's some web developer like me guessing.

You can clearly see on the field 3 down lineman and Judon standing up as a LB with someone else opposite of him. He refers himself as an OLB. Go on Judon's Twitter or something and tell him what position he really plays.
OMG.
Ok feel free to think what you want, I’ll stick with what happens on the field.

Using the "official" roster as proof of anything pretty much gives you the L. Do you think those positional designations come straight from Bill? No, it's some web developer like me guessing.
I think I read that the writers at patriots football weekly do those

I think I read that the writers at patriots football weekly do those
Not quite as bad as just letting the web team guess, but it's still the subjective opinion of someone outside the team.

Not quite as bad as just letting the web team guess, but it's still the subjective opinion of someone outside the team.
It’s always been wrong.

While its undeniable that has been the motto for many years, we have way more holes to fill this year than when Brady was here

Like 2021, i dont think this should be put as priority. If it happens, it happens, but foresight is only great when our sight decent (read as preparing for a greater future only makes sense if the present isnt so bad)

I hope Billy isnt afraid to go shopping bc of this

While its undeniable that has been the motto for many years, we have way more holes to fill this year than when Brady was here

Like 2021, i dont think this should be put as priority. If it happens, it happens, but foresight is only great when our sight decent (read as preparing for a greater future only makes sense if the present isnt so bad)

I hope Billy isnt afraid to go shopping bc of this
Agree. The days of signing middling FAs or trying to rethread ex-players, or re-signing our own ageing FAs is OVER. If that's the plan, we'll continue to be a middle of the pack team with 1 & dones in the playoffs (when we make it).

It's time to hit big in the draft for sure fire (I know) prospects (not trying to outsmart everyone else) and proven FA veterans.

Concentrate on building up a top 3 D this season and draft a day 3 WR. We need to see how all the $$$ spent on the O works out in Yr 2 (obviously trade Harry). This team is far from being a SB contender. Maybe next year if we're smart and patient.

OMG.
Ok feel free to think what you want, I’ll stick with what happens on the field.
Ok so i guess the okie, tite formation with 3 linemen eg guy god barmore was not existent

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back