PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Williams interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that we have barely one week of camp behind us and everything that is happening with Wynn being eased in has been planned this way most probably for 5-6 months if not longer.

Or in BB's words..

I'd be shocked if we go into September with the same enormous question marks.

Well, both Wynn and Skipper need time for different reasons. Wynn needs to recover fully from his injury and Skipper needs to learn to the point where he isn't thinking, just reacting. As many others have mentioned, not seeing where the cap space is coming form to get Trent Williams.

Wynn ALSO needs to get used to NFL speed and learn to play the position where he is reacting without overthinking. That is why Wynn is dealing with a double whammy: recovering from a very serious injury and playing with NFL players for the first time. It is remarkable he is as far along as he is.

Wynn ALSO needs to get used to NFL speed and learn to play the position where he is reacting without overthinking. That is why Wynn is dealing with a double whammy: recovering from a very serious injury and playing with NFL players for the first time. It is remarkable he is as far along as he is.
Not really. He was there for almost all of TC last season. This isn’t the first time he’s playing with NFL players. The injury is a big time hurdle, though. No doubt about that.

For an end of first round pick, basically like a high second, he puts up a thousand yard season, then getting picks back for trading Cook later? Hell yes do that every time.
People really need to read more carefully the details of both the acquisition of Cooks during the 2017 draft and the trading-away of him during the 2018 draft.

People didn't like the idea when I proposed the idea back in June. What has changed? cap space. Please feel free to remove either this thread of the later one on Trent Williams.
It wasn't happening then and it won't happen now.

But but Deus says we can have all 3 players....:rolleyes:

You can get Williams, but have to include Marcus Cannon in any deal. Unfortunately, I think the dead cap number for him is quite large at 7 million.

Only a fool thinks there's no way to get Williams under the cap. The question is whether or not the Patriots think it's worth the cost.

Keep Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies Trollin', Volin

The Redskins will cave and give him a huge raise. Is there really a decision to make here?

I like cooks and was happy with the trade but we definitely bought high dealing a first(albeit a late 1) for 1 year of cooks before his price tag jumped considerably with his 5th year option.

We also sold high trading him a year later getting back a 1 instead of paying the 8 plus mil for 2018.

Yeah OK. That's fair. I don't remember all the details but I think it was basically:
- Pats give a first and third, get Cooks plus a 4th round pick back. Cooks was a multi-time 1000 yard receiver at this point before he went to New England
- On the Pats he proceeds to put up 1000+ yards. So he was productive. Plus at low money too, not an expensive year $-wise.
- We then trade him to the Rams for a first rounder. So basically got our first round pick back, gave up a tiny bit of draft value, but got a 1000 yard season out of it.

Seems all in all OK. Definitely not a buy high and get screwed situation.

- Pats give a first and third, get Cooks plus a 4th round pick back. Cooks was a multi-time 1000 yard receiver at this point before he went to New England.
The 4th-rounder was a throw-away, because we had to surrender it as a result of DefameGate ... But we already had that covered by acquiring Seattle's 4th-rounder during the previous year's draft, so Bill essentially gave Stokoe a better pick for nothing.

- We then trade him to the Rams for a first rounder. So basically got our first round pick back, gave up a tiny bit of draft value, but got a 1000 yard season out of it...
We also gave LA our compensatory 4th-rounder (#136).

So basically got our 1st-round pick back, and gave up a Lot of draft value...for one year of a Lost Little Cookie.

Meanwhile, Ryan Ramczyk or Cam Robinson could be our starting LT right now.

Yup, no more rebuild excuses. May not be consistent enough yet to win 12 n challenge NE for the division, but should be in the mix come December.

*Edit: Wrong thread, thought I was in the Jets suck thread.

Last edited:

Yup, no more rebuild excuses. May not be consistent enough yet to win 12 n challenge NE for the division, but should be in the mix come December.

7-9 win range.

Puke

Trent Williams needs to try the Anthony Davis approach and demand a trade to a certain team.

I think you'll be surprised. I'll say 9-11 wins.

Offense is looking pretty darn good.

Nice pun. Too bad the overall team is still average garbage led by an abysmal and drug fueled HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3