PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Williams interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What specifically is "an offer they cannot refuse"???

Salary cap??

Last edited:
Around 4.9 million in cap space currently per Miguel. What moves would you recommend to free up space and leave a cushion for in-season? The classic “extend/restructure Brady and McCourty” line?

What price a Super Bowl? I think the addition of Mr. Williams really increases the chances. Have weakness, have a solution. They would have to find a way to make it doable capwise. LT is a pricey position. You can't toss pennies at it as the team managed to do last year. On the downside, he does have an injury history, but there is no better LT in the league. Makes more sense than, say, paying big money to go after Kyle Rudolph.

Around 4.9 million in cap space currently per Miguel. What moves would you recommend to free up space and leave a cushion for in-season? The classic “extend/restructure Brady and McCourty” line?

If the $4.9 million is correct, there is very little room to maneuver. I think the training camp roster is what it is until the cuts begin. There are several guys competing for OL positions with 8 tackles listed on the depth chart. Lots of people here like Isaiah Wynn even though he's never taken an NFL snap and is coming off an Achilles injury. I doubt they make any high-price free agent moves at this point.

New England Patriots

What price a Super Bowl? I think the addition of Mr. Williams really increases the chances. Have weakness, have a solution. They would have to find a way to make it doable capwise. LT is a pricey position. You can't toss pennies at it as the team managed to do last year. On the downside, he does have an injury history, but there is no better LT in the league. Makes more sense than, say, paying big money to go after Kyle Rudolph.
I kinda like the pennies they tossed last year in which they won the SB. Do you know what Williams' medical condition is?

move along people......nothing to see here

Sounds like his situation is more about money than winning. Possibly peeved about Trent Brown’s contract?

He isn’t coming here for a discount and btw, is still under contract with the Redskins.

Trent Williams is likely too expensive, but what are the realistic alternatives? I agree that it would be a longshot but if they could swing a trade and find a cap fit, it would cement up a big hole in the roster.

We should recognize that we are trying to replace Verdheer. A late trade would be OK.

Trent Williams is likely too expensive, but what are the realistic alternatives? I agree that it would be a longshot but if they could swing a trade and find a cap fit, it would cement up a big hole in the roster.

Us: Extend TB

Other guys: But he can’t be extended until August

Us: Yes he can

Other guys: No he can’t

Us: They’re probably just waiting for the right moment cuz it’s really, really complicated stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes