PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how Reiss rolls. Is it out of context ?

Rather intentional or not I think that tweet misconstrued Cam's quote about if he feels like the starter or not. I took Cam's quote as a humble answer stating he just wants to keep working and getting better everyday. For Reiss to add the quote about "things not firing mentally at the line of scrimmage" looks like red meat for the First Take embrace debate crowd.

I don't know Mike Reiss at all, I do know the ESPN Panthers beat reporter David Newton is actually god awful and stuff like this is his MO. Good to hear this guy isn't usually like that.

Rather intentional or not I think that tweet misconstrued Cam's quote about if he feels like the starter or not. I took Cam's quote as a humble answer stating he just wants to keep working and getting better everyday. For Reiss to add the quote about "things not firing mentally at the line of scrimmage" looks like red meat for the First Take embrace debate crowd.

I don't know Mike Reiss at all, I do know the ESPN Panthers beat reporter David Newton is actually god awful and stuff like this is his MO. Good to hear this guy isn't usually like that.

'Absolutely Not': Cam Newton Not Calling Himself Patriots' QB1 Just Yet

"But if you ask the former MVP, he's got a long way to go before he's ready to call himself New England's QB1.

"Absolutely not. Everyday is a work day for me, and that label is not important to me right now," Newton said Wednesday to the media when asked if he believes he is the Patriots' starting quarterback based on practice reps. "There's so much I need to get better at, so much I need to learn, so much that I need to be comfortable with. And throughout this process that's "pretty much the last thing that I'm worried about.

(to the compacted Panthers fan) and this bothers you? why?

Lazar's Patriots Camp Notebook: Sony Michel Returns, Derek Rivers's Strong Camp, Cam Update | CLNS Media

– Rookie linebackers Josh Uche and Anfernee Jennings continue to do more and more each practice. Uche is playing multiple spots in the defense, rushing the passer, playing the run from off the line, and dropping into coverage. We haven’t seen as much from Jennings, but he looks comfortable in space and on the end of the line. Both rookies look like they belong so far.

– Rookie tight end Dalton Keene was heavily involved in practice with Asiasi limited, and there were some growing pains. Newton had three arrant throws intended for the rookie and an interception targeting Keene up the seam. Keene has shown improvements, his route running is actually better than expected, but he’s still a work in progress in reading out leverages and making post-snap adjustments to his routes. Keene’s role will likely have an H-back flavor, but he’ll also play some in-line tight end.

– N’Keal Harry is doing a much better job of using his size and fighting through contact. At 6-3, 225 pounds, Harry needs to win consistently on contested balls and use his big frame to box out defenders at the catch point. We’ve seen him do just that over the last three practices with another back-shoulder grab and an under (or short in-cut) route against Myles Bryant where he shielded the catch point from the much smaller defender. Harry is also putting in tremendous effort as a run blocker. He needs to play big and worry about his releases at the line rather than crisp route breaks. You can’t turn a big-bodied receiver into someone that creates loads of separation with his quickness at the top of the route. Although, it would be nice to see Harry stop stepping underneath himself in his breaks, which he does even during individual drills against air.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy how many fewer pages these camp threads are when most Of the players have a good day.

I swear this board is 50% Debbie doubters or just straight up haters

Next time Harry drops a ball, or Sony misses a practice, that days camp thread will be back to 8+ pages

It does? Do, please explain what "very good" is, and how this team's current potential gets them there. The positive people will love to hear your breakdown to success.

I'm not sure why the post quoted here got an unhappy emoji tagged to it. Someone is sad that positive people would like to hear an actual analysis justifying the use of "very good" with the 2020 Patriots.

That seems bizarre to me.

Terrence Brooks beating out Adrian Phillps is not a good sign.

'Absolutely Not': Cam Newton Not Calling Himself Patriots' QB1 Just Yet

"But if you ask the former MVP, he's got a long way to go before he's ready to call himself New England's QB1.

"Absolutely not. Everyday is a work day for me, and that label is not important to me right now," Newton said Wednesday to the media when asked if he believes he is the Patriots' starting quarterback based on practice reps. "There's so much I need to get better at, so much I need to learn, so much that I need to be comfortable with. And throughout this process that's "pretty much the last thing that I'm worried about.

Exactly. Cam is clearly the starting QB. The actual quote was more about not labeling himself the starter and showing some humility.

It wasn’t Cam saying he literally doesn’t know if he’s going to be the starter, as Reiss made it out to seem.

(to the compacted Panthers fan) and this bothers you? why?

Calling out media when they try to pull dumb poo is favorite past time.

Gotta generate those clicks somehow I guess.

Last edited:
Exactly. Cam is clearly the starting QB. The actual quote was more about not labeling himself the starter and showing some humility.

It wasn’t Cam saying he literally doesn’t know if he’s going to be the starter, as Reiss made it out to seem.

No youre dead wrong. You completely misread Reiss. Thats not what he does.
Reiss is a straight-shooter, tells just the facts,ma'am.

Reiss was only relaying to us what Cam said. Hes one of the best sports journalists in the country. Trust me, theres plenty of scumbag sports media here, but not Reiss.
And Im very familiar with David Newton. I live in Carolina. Hes garbage.
Ive heard enough of his crap on radio and read his tradh too.
Reiss does not do hot takes, doesnt doesnt care about clicks, doesnt rumor-monger, and if he speculates on something he tells you thats what hes doing.
He has very strong relationships with the players and coaching staff because they trust them.

Calling out media when they try to pull dumb poo is favorite past time.

Gotta generate those clicks somehow I guess.

Not sure you will care but Reiss is as good as it gets. He certainly didn't construct the quote with some agenda in mind nor is he someone that is in the business of click bait articles.

I get that you are a Newton fan and thus you might be reading it differently but that is just your confirmation bias playing tricks on you. Again, believe it or not but I think almost everyone around here will vouch for Reiss being a Tier 1 beat guy.

Now when you see someone called Volin ? That's when you run..

Pretty crazy how many fewer pages these camp threads are when most Of the players have a good day.

Next time Harry drops a ball, or Sony misses a practice, that days camp thread will be back to 8+ pages

beat me to the punch, was going to post the same thing after yesterdays practice...hilarious

Oh boy are you in for a good time when you will walk into your first regular season Gameday Thread. :D

...For Reiss to add the quote about "things not firing mentally at the line of scrimmage" looks like red meat for the First Take embrace debate crowd...

You are right in that it could feed the trolls, but Reiss seems to not care about that. He takes a fairly minimalist approach as a reporter, and is broadly appreciated around here for it.

Oh boy are you in for a good time when you will walk into your first regular season Gameday Thread. :D

Hopefully he goes in with protection.

Not sure you will care but Reiss is as good as it gets. He certainly didn't construct the quote with some agenda in mind nor is he someone that is in the business of click bait articles.

I get that you are a Newton fan and thus you might be reading it differently but that is just your confirmation bias playing tricks on you. Again, believe it or not but I think almost everyone around here will vouch for Reiss being a Tier 1 beat guy.

Now when you see someone called Volin ? That's when you run..

Cool I can see that. Again not saying that was his intention, but that’s how it comes across to me and others.

Cool I can see that. Again not saying that was his intention, but that’s how it comes across to me and others.

That is absolutely valid. I just had the feeling with Cam running the show that you might hang around for this season and wanted to let you know that Reiss really is one of the "good guys".

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back