PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toughest road ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens more often than you might think
This is true, considering how seldom the Patriots play a team twice (other than Miami, NYJ and Buffalo, of course).

2015: Denver
2012: Baltimore
2011: Giants
2010: Jets
2006: Colts
2005: Broncos
2000: Jets, Dolphins

Ironically in two seven-loss seasons (2002, 2009) the Patriots did not lose to a team twice.

This is true, considering how seldom the Patriots play a team twice (other than Miami, NYJ and Buffalo, of course).

Ironically in two seven-loss seasons (2002, 2009) the Patriots did not lose to a team twice.

Yeah that happens quite a bit. Though Pats since 2001 are something like 5-0 in rematches vs teams where they lost by double digits the first time.

The great thing about the NFL is that past performances are somewhat out the window in the playoffs. Playoff games are different environment.

Ultimately I think teams that are the mentally toughest do VERY well in the playoffs. I like BB experience in preparing his teams to be mentally tough AND to not pay any attention to what happened in the regular season.

Yes, Mahomes and Jackson are super talented and they have very good players to support them.
It will come down to who executes the best on a particular day. I know BB will come up with the best possible scheme to try to contain both Chiefs and Ravens. Likely to include:

1) Time of possession approach- run, run, run high % short passes
2) Long slow drives
3) Do everything possible to keep Mahomes or Jackson from big yardage plays and willingly give up shorter plays that consume time

I really do think that the Ravens and Chiefs should be very worried about the defending world champions (who are being taken very lightly by the media) with a super mentally tough QB who has seen it all and a coach who has chemo against the best.

It is very tough to beat a mentally tough opponent twice in one year

The three teams we lost to in the regular season are all in the playoffs. in those three games our o line played terribly.

you have to think that if the o line is healthy, we have a chance to enact some Serious revenge on Hopefully two of the three!

Then in the super bowl, we will trounce Philly and end the decade with the best victory tour ever!

It's the friggin SB lads.

Not a JV tournament.

Hard road is expected and welcomed.

Revenge on KC and BAL first. Then demolation of the stat nerd Brees.

giphy.gif

KC is dangerous, but not as dangerous as last year and in the arrowhead.
Baltimore is the team to beat this year, but BB will have some surprises for Lamar.
I don't think this is the most difficult path to the sb we ever faced

Pats should’ve beat KC as crappy as they played. I think that game might be worse than the 2006 AFCCG.

If they can get passed KC, Baltimore will be extremely difficult.

So to answer your question, this is toughest test assuming they face both teams.

Past KC....and yes you are right.....Baltimore seems destined this year do going to be uphill Battle!

Why would they care about what some irrelevant clown from Denver thinks ?

The search for the disrespect card is much like the search for wisdom; where you find it, you pick it up and take it with you.

It's the friggin SB lads.

Not a JV tournament.

Hard road is expected and welcomed.

Revenge on KC and BAL first. Then demolation of the stat nerd Brees.

giphy.gif

Pretty much this. We've seen competition on the road to the SB be a bit up and down, but every SB win has been a nail biter, every loss has been a nail biter, and AFC playoff games be by the skin of the teeth. It's the playoffs and it will be tough.
Except a Baltimore game (or two?) has a Patriots loss ever been a blown out/not had a shot in the 4th quarter of a playoff game? Whether KC or Baltimore or whatever NFC team, the BB Patriots almost always find a way to play up even against, on paper, a better team(the Chargers game comes to mind).
Get there! and they'll very likely find a way to give themselves a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

It won't be the toughest route to a title if the Patriots beat the Bills, the Raiders and the Cowboys in the playoffs. The toughest game on that road is the Bills at Gillette.

How much fun would it be to beat Chucky in the AFCC and Jerry Jones in the Super Bowl?

This year promises to have an intense play off atmosphere right from the get go. There are about 8 teams this year that can beat any of the other teams on a good day. Pats vs KC and/or Pats vs Baltimore - the whole country will be watching.

Pats over Cheifs
Pats over Ravens
Pats over 49ers

Brady punches Jimmy G in the face post game, and Alex Guerrero refuses to provide Tb12 treatment.

What's so difficult about this scenario?

There is a pattern there:
0, 5, 1, 4, 1, 1, 3,

It should've happened 3 years in a row 2016, 2017, 2018, but it didn't. Nevermind.

But it happened with Jete and Denver 10 years apart, and its only been 7 years since Baltimore.

We are going to the SB, yeeeeaaaaa! LFG

Yes, we are likely to have a chance to win against a better team in the 4th quarter. The open question is how many better teams will we face. One is fine.

Obviously, lots of folks her think that we are the best team in the NFL, especially at home. Even if that is taken as a given, we are likely to face 2 better teams away from home.

.Whether KC or Baltimore or whatever NFC team, the BB Patriots almost always find a way to play up even against, on paper, a better team(the Chargers game comes to mind).
Get there! and they'll very likely find a way to give themselves a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

We once played a historic 04 Colts offense that had an MVP who broke the single season TD record for the first time since Marino's storied season

Then went on the road and played a 15-1 hyper dominant Steelers team that beat us in the regular season

Then played a dominant 13-3 stacked Eagles team

My wife has a problem with me on this. I tell her that the Ravens, Chiefs, SF whomever. may have a better squad than we do this year. She calls me "negative" even though I finish saying that it's not always the best all star squad that wins a game. Games have to be played. The early Pats Dynasty did not have a better group of players than every playoff opponent. Just like the NY Giants...I'll stop there.
LOL... she’s right you nattering nabob of negativity....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes