PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 As Usual Or One Of The Worst in 20 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do we have a top 5 passing team as usual, or one of the worst in 20 years? IMHO, choose our backup gameday OL's and this is our usual top offense.

OFFENSE (23)
QB: Brady, Hoyer
WR: Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson
TE: Gronkowski, Allen, Hollister
RB: White, Bulkhead, Michel, Hill
FB: Develin
OL: Brown, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon, open, open
ST: Slater, Bolden
================

Last edited:
If Michel is healthy, he will be ROY.

I think because he hasn't been playing people are forgetting about how good he is. He has talent, unlike Brady has ever had, aside from the Moss years.

If they use the RBs in the passing game, they should have plenty of yards.

Do we have a top 5 passing team as usual, or one of the worst in 20 years? IMHO, choose our backup gameday OL's and this is our usual top offense.

OFFENSE (23)
================
If players mentioned by you stay healthy undoubtedly we will be top 5 offense of the league.

According to Pro-football-reference.com,

2013 was the league's #3 scoring offense. It was #2 in first downs made. It was #4 in scoring percentage. It was #7 in yards. It was #7 in passing attempt,s and #10 in passing yards.

2013 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Yet we can all accept that 2013 was a down year for the passing game. So what metric are we using that doesn't show the perils of focusing on rankings when determining likely quality?

Last edited:
WTF a positive thread about the New England Patriots that has confidence in this team?? That isn't supposed to happen...

Don't let sportstalk radio know about this type of thing, they are too busy chasing Guerrero conspiracies... inquiring minds gotta find an conspiracy, any conspiracy will do...

OFFENSE (23)
================
I just bolded the reasons why they are pumping 27-30 ppg in 2018.

The questions are on defense and PR. Not offense.

Average by league standards, bad by Brady offense standards

Will be a struggle at times and their inconsistency will be maddening. No depth at WR and I don't buy Edelman/Gronkowski staying healthy until January

Average by league standards, bad by Brady offense standards

Will be a struggle at times and their inconsistency will be maddening. No depth at WR and I don't buy Edelman/Gronkowski staying healthy until January
You think this offense will be average, ie 15 other offenses will be better? Really? You must be buying into Kellermans cliff.

You think this offense will be average, ie 15 other offenses will be better? Really? You must be buying into Kellermans cliff.

I think Brady will be great throwing the ball but I don't trust his OL to keep him clean and the receiving group is awfully thin. Couple that with playing a number of tough defenses and it's easy to see this offense in the 10-16 range rather than top 5

They'll rack up points against a few bad teams but against good teams they will struggle, especially if/when Edelman and Gronk are hurt

I’ll go top 10, not necessarily top 5.
As would I. Brady & Gronkowski (IF healthy) alone guarantee a top-10 passing offense.

Either way, far from one of the worst in 20 yrs.
Yeah I wouldn't go back as far as 20 years either, just 12 years.

I think Brady will be great throwing the ball but I don't trust his OL to keep him clean and the receiving group is awfully thin. Couple that with playing a number of tough defenses and it's easy to see this offense in the 10-16 range rather than top 5
Gronk
Edelman
Hogan
White
Patterson
Dorsett
Michel
That is not thin. The top 4 WRs can play. We never use wr5 so why does it matter that we don’t have one?
What top defenses? Our schedule is no more loaded with good defensive opponents than anyone else, probably less because of our division.
Other than jville and Minnesota where do you see top defenses on our schedule.
There is no way in hell there are 10 better offenses.
The ol has 1 change.

They'll rack up points against a few bad teams but against good teams they will struggle, especially if/when Edelman and Gronk are hurt
So 10-15 other teams will whoop good teams and stay healthy?
It Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey