PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think romo is great. I do think sometimes he wants the patriots to lose. It’s almost as if he’s trying to will the other team. That gets a little annoying
I think there is always an issue in a potential blowout to keep viewers tuned in. It’s part of these guys job to make it seem like the huge underdog has a chance to help keep people watching.

Romo was highly annoying and I did have to turn them off for awhile. Overall I have liked Romo most of the time but he does suffer from "talkng way too much" and he was certainly inaccurate on some of the things he said during this game. The clock comment was inappropriate and his "talking up the Titans" possibly to keep viewers interested, not sure, was silly. Nantz has always been a Pats hater so it's really pick your poison. Lastly, is Dan Fouts senile or perhaps going blind!? It appears many time he needs to actually watch the monitor to understand what is going on on the field. Total blowhard!

Why would I be offended that you can predict the plays? Good for you. Go have a cookie.

Not everyone else can. Like my my 11 year old son or the daughter of a previous poster in this thread. They actually learn stuff from his comments. And so do I, having never played in the NFL. See, you are not the only one who watches games. Ratings may be down but a lot of people in this very large country do watch and plenty don’t know as much as you think you do. So why don’t you just turn your tv down and predict the plays in your living room and let the rest of us listen to the game.

You're not seeming to get it.

The industry has changed and now a guy who would throw the mist ill timed INTs this side of Jay Cutler, is now an authority on the sport? Romo takes the job very seriously, trying to misrepresent how good the Pats opponent is, to hope that somehow magically improves the ratings. You and your daughter seem to like this, others do not.

Merlin Olsen, John Madden, Todd Christensen, insert any name here from 1980s or 1990s (insert any name here), blows Romo away. Romo comes off as some high school announcer you'd get on a local cable tv station in Texas.

Like I said, I'd prefer legit former players to have those roles. I can name a dozen really good color analysts from yesteryear that didn't feel a need to yammer on incessantly as if he just found a cure for cancer and wanted everyone in the world to know it was he who found the cure, and how it all happened.

It's not hard, actually, but Romo's puking all over the mic is absolutely awful.

You're not seeming to get it.

The industry has changed and now a guy who would throw the mist ill timed INTs this side of Jay Cutler, is now an authority on the sport? Romo takes the job very seriously, trying to misrepresent how good the Pats opponent is, to hope that somehow magically improves the ratings. You and your daughter seem to like this, others do not.

Merlin Olsen, John Madden, Todd Christensen, insert any name here from 1980s or 1990s (insert any name here), blows Romo away. Romo comes off as some high school announcer you'd get on a local cable tv station in Texas.

Like I said, I'd prefer legit former players to have those roles. I can name a dozen really good color analysts from yesteryear that didn't feel a need to yammer on incessantly as if he just found a cure for cancer and wanted everyone in the world to know it was he who found the cure, and how it all happened.

It's not hard, actually, but Romo's puking all over the mic is absolutely awful.

That's part of the problem, the announcing in general has pretty much fallen off of a cliff. Thank god Gruden is a coach again because he was one of the all time worst. They ought to offer Aikman and a new sidekick the Monday Night Football gig. They're just in a really bad place right now so Romo seems like an improvement to the Dan Fouts of the world.

I was never a Cowboy fan (more of a hater) and didn't have an opinion one way or the other toward Romo although i though he was a gamer. Small time college QB making it in the NFL.
There were and are so many really bad color guys that i found Romo refreshing. Most have already been mentioned here. Does he over do it alot? Yeah probably but i think if he sticks around he will change.

That's part of the problem, the announcing in general has pretty much fallen off of a cliff. Thank god Gruden is a coach again because he was one of the all time worst. They ought to offer Aikman and a new sidekick the Monday Night Football gig. They're just in a really bad place right now so Romo seems like an improvement to the Dan Fouts of the world.

Fouts is as bad as Romo. Romo just yammers more.

Fouts and Ian Eagle doing so many games is just the worst. Fouts all about root for the Pats opponent, and he does the same thing. The worst is when they show a replay and Fouts completely describes what the viewer sees, as something totally inaccurate. Like, they just can't accept something being a reality if it favors NE.

The Sefarian-Jenkins non-catch is a good example. These guys don't even know the rules, they play to the Pats Hater customer, and people actually believes the announcers, even if the announcers are 100% wrong.

Even Mike Pereirra was calling Romo out and I don't even like that phony.

I like Romo when he sticks to football plays, schemes, audibles, etc. I’m not so fond of his other commentary.

Like when he said nobody wanted BB when Kraft went for him. That was so bad.

Yeah, come on Tony, think before you talk! Remember the draft picks traded to acquire Bill??!! Remember that Bill was given full GM duties as well to completely run the operation!!??

Yeah, come on Tony, think before you talk! Remember the draft picks traded to acquire Bill??!! Remember that Bill was given full GM duties as well to completely run the operation!!??

Or, when people continue to act like BB was a failure in Cleveland, yearst after "Cleveland '95" aired on NFLN. It's very clear a team picked as a SB contender in 1995, after a wild card win the year before, BB jettisoning Kosar for Testaverde, all had the Browns trending up.

The revisionist history of anything tied to BB is absolutely amazing.

Modell admitted later on he was a moron, which of course, he was.

Interesting! I thought it was a bad call too! Good to know!

Although after watching it again. I can see why it could be a penalty.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this breaks every rule in the book and is hands down the most annoying color analyst going right now.

We can rattle off names through the years, where even pretty good ones start out that way, and then become increasingly more annoying every year (Dierdorf, Collinsneck, Dan Fouts, etc), but Romo has just been ushered in by CBS to be VERY annoying all the way through as he runs his mouth while openly rooting for the Pats' opponent and misleading the viewing audience.

Did anyone catch them trying to imply the Pats cheated by paying off the NFL clock guy to slow it down before Gostowksi's kick before halftime?

Not only is this completely unprofessional, it's unacceptable. Kraft needs to pick up the phone and call Moonves.

It's not even so much what he says, as bad as it is, but he continuously runs his yap. Take a breath. Also, he is a classic jinx for the Pats opponent. He'll want something to happen so bad, he says something hoping it happens, and whamo, Brady hits White out of the backfield again and he's not telling the listening audience Tenn is 32nd defending the RBs out of the backfield.

If this was not a playoff game, I would have had Nantz and Romo on mute and been spinning records instead.

Just awful.

I miss the days of Charlie Jones and someone like a Merlin Olsen, and what a shame on the weekend Keith Jackson passes away, and we're left with these clowns.

Christ, even Don Criqui would be welcomed with Todd Christensen or something. I weep for the future.

Actually, it was Michaels who implied that the clock was under control of a Patriots employee. It was Romo who had the temerity to go and find out the truth and then report it after the Half-time break.

While I had some issues with Romo, he's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be.

Sorry, but this breaks every rule in the book and is hands down the most annoying color analyst going right now.

We can rattle off names through the years, where even pretty good ones start out that way, and then become increasingly more annoying every year (Dierdorf, Collinsneck, Dan Fouts, etc), but Romo has just been ushered in by CBS to be VERY annoying all the way through as he runs his mouth while openly rooting for the Pats' opponent and misleading the viewing audience.

Did anyone catch them trying to imply the Pats cheated by paying off the NFL clock guy to slow it down before Gostowksi's kick before halftime?

Not only is this completely unprofessional, it's unacceptable. Kraft needs to pick up the phone and call Moonves.

It's not even so much what he says, as bad as it is, but he continuously runs his yap. Take a breath. Also, he is a classic jinx for the Pats opponent. He'll want something to happen so bad, he says something hoping it happens, and whamo, Brady hits White out of the backfield again and he's not telling the listening audience Tenn is 32nd defending the RBs out of the backfield.

If this was not a playoff game, I would have had Nantz and Romo on mute and been spinning records instead.

Just awful.

I miss the days of Charlie Jones and someone like a Merlin Olsen, and what a shame on the weekend Keith Jackson passes away, and we're left with these clowns.

Christ, even Don Criqui would be welcomed with Todd Christensen or something. I weep for the future.
I disagree, I find Romo enlightening at times. You lost all credibility when you mentioned Don Criqui. You probably even like Dan Fouts. Yegads!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes