PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Stevenson

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sorry, but this breaks every rule in the book and is hands down the most annoying color analyst going right now.

We can rattle off names through the years, where even pretty good ones start out that way, and then become increasingly more annoying every year (Dierdorf, Collinsneck, Dan Fouts, etc), but Romo has just been ushered in by CBS to be VERY annoying all the way through as he runs his mouth while openly rooting for the Pats' opponent and misleading the viewing audience.

Did anyone catch them trying to imply the Pats cheated by paying off the NFL clock guy to slow it down before Gostowksi's kick before halftime?

Not only is this completely unprofessional, it's unacceptable. Kraft needs to pick up the phone and call Moonves.

It's not even so much what he says, as bad as it is, but he continuously runs his yap. Take a breath. Also, he is a classic jinx for the Pats opponent. He'll want something to happen so bad, he says something hoping it happens, and whamo, Brady hits White out of the backfield again and he's not telling the listening audience Tenn is 32nd defending the RBs out of the backfield.

If this was not a playoff game, I would have had Nantz and Romo on mute and been spinning records instead.

Just awful.

I miss the days of Charlie Jones and someone like a Merlin Olsen, and what a shame on the weekend Keith Jackson passes away, and we're left with these clowns.

Christ, even Don Criqui would be welcomed with Todd Christensen or something. I weep for the future.

Last edited:
I get why you don't like him, and he certainly could improve as a commentator, but I think you're too aggressive about your dislike. Romo took the time during halftime to ask about the time clock, and later in the broadcast he was very clear to explain that it was League run by a neutral party. He shot down any speculation that it was shady timekeeping by the Patriots.

I like that Romo brings a sense of excitement as a viewer -- instead of being jaded because he's been around the game so long, he still shows childlike wonder at good plays or strange sequences. He genuinely loves football. Additionally, he has been extremely complimentary of the Patriots on numerous occasions, and regularly points out why Brady is so good, and what other quarterbacks can learn from him. Talking up the opponents is just part of the broadcaster's job, particularly in a game where the Patriots rip off 35 straight points, and the outcome is never seriously in question.

Sorry, but this breaks every rule in the book and is hands down the most annoying color analyst going right now.

We can rattle off names through the years, where even pretty good ones start out that way, and then become increasingly more annoying every year (Dierdorf, Collinsneck, Dan Fouts, etc), but Romo has just been ushered in by CBS to be VERY annoying all the way through as he runs his mouth while openly rooting for the Pats' opponent and misleading the viewing audience.

Did anyone catch them trying to imply the Pats cheated by paying off the NFL clock guy to slow it down before Gostowksi's kick before halftime?

Not only is this completely unprofessional, it's unacceptable. Kraft needs to pick up the phone

If this was not a playoff game, I would have had Nantz and Romo on mute and been spinning records instead.

Just awful.

I miss the days of Charlie Jones and someone like a Merlin Olsen, and what a shame on the weekend Keith Jackson passes away, and we're left with these clowns.

Christ, even Don Criqui would be welcomed with Todd Christensen or something. I weep for the future.

The overwhelming consensus nationally is that Romo is great, and I'd say about 75% of this board likes him. Personally, I am a fan.

In his defense, I also felt that was a very long :01s at the end of the half. He also corrected himself the next quarter and said that the NFL is in charge of the clock. I think that is the first example of someone accusing the Patriots of cheating and then correcting themselves later (except for ESPN at 2am).

He is also a HUGE Tom Brady supporter. He has called him the GOAT multiple times. He appreciates Brady's greatness more than almost any national media figure, I think in part because he played QB himself.

LOL what? he spent most of the game talking about how incredible brady is. He told a story about how parcells gave the team a pep talk when they were down, and how the team got all fired up, and then how the team still lost, it was awesome.

You must have been getting a drink when Romo then talked about checking out how the clocks work, and then telling the audience that the clock opperators are actually from out of city and that there isn't any shenanigans. I dont recall collinsworth mentioning anything about the radio operators being nfl controlled when he openly questioned the patriots ****ing with opponents radios.

Not only is this completely unprofessional, it's unacceptable. Kraft needs to pick up the phone

You need to stop drinking so much. Romo is a breath of fresh air

Listen to the radio brodcast ya whiney baby

It's good that we all don't like the same things in life.. I'll listen to Romo over any other announcer they ever dragged out for the NFL.
Some people say he hates the Pats, bad mouths Brady etc. etc.
I don't see it at all.
He knows the game and often times tells us ahead of the play what might happen ..

I find him irritating. I think he talks too much. He can be somewhat entertaining occasionally but I agree that sometimes he needs to slow down and take a breath.

Overall Romo is good imo.
He did make a mistake last night in saying the nobody wanted BB before the Krafts hired him, forgetting about the HC of the NYJ thing.
On a positive note he did say it is time to take the Pats D seriously.

I think he is overrated. He is knowledgeable, but also very annoying. He also gets a lot of credit for when he predicts what the next play will be. Well, he throws out those predictions a lot and misses 'em as often as gets it right.

Does he ever shut up? He's like that boxing announcer that did Tyson-Douglas. Let a play breathe.

I get why you don't like him, and he certainly could improve as a commentator, but I think you're too aggressive about your dislike. Romo took the time during halftime to ask about the time clock, and later in the broadcast he was very clear to explain that it was League run by a neutral party. He shot down any speculation that it was shady timekeeping by the Patriots.
Yeah, except he was the one who started that speculation with his comment about the home town scoreboard keeper.

Romo has some astute observations but as I once said to a girlfriend, "you really should just shut the **** up once in a while."
This. This this this. Perfectly stated.

That's the other thing with this, is he runs his mouth so much in the idea that he is wildly biased against the Pats, he doesn't even know the rules, so people assume he does.

And, with the snarky "apology" later about who controls the clock, the Pats Hater watching the game has already been brainwashed.

There are people all over the interwebs and radio today saying NE "gets all the calls", with Romo giving them credence that in fact, "NE gets all the calls", when we can all point to questionable calls against the Pats, or even missed calls like rampant holding or other calls that could nave been made like when Gronk's shirt is held over and over or Cooks's arm is grabbed.

That's the other thing with this, is he runs his mouth so much in the idea that he is wildly biased against the Pats, he doesn't even know the rules, so people assume he does.

And, with the snarky "apology" later about who controls the clock, the Pats Hater watching the game has already been brainwashed.

There are people all over the interwebs and radio today saying NE "gets all the calls", with Romo giving them credence that in fact, "NE gets all the calls", when we can all point to questionable calls against the Pats, or even missed calls like rampant holding or other calls that could nave been made like when Gronk's shirt is held over and over or Cooks's arm is grabbed.
Yea it distorts the average fan's view of the game, which has lead to all this hysteria over the refs favoring the Pats. Some other commentators do it too, but it's come quite often from Romo this year.

i dont think you know what snarky means.

Oh boy! I don't think they were serious. "It's a Gillette clock." Lighten up. Your team just beat their opponent by four touchdowns. I do,however, agree that Romo sucks. He should be much better, but I think he is not far enough removed from his playing days to act like a pro.

Yeah, except he was the one who started that speculation with his comment about the home town scoreboard keeper.

Exactly. He has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen too. Here is a guy who played one of the dumbest QB positions this side of Jay Cutler, that I've ever seen in my 35 years of watching the NFL, and he's trying to lecture me on rules on what should be happening, etc.

Hey, Tony...How about this? The Tenn defense sucks at covering TEs and RBs, and it was their death knell coming into the game, but you never educated the viewer on it, because you were a tool telling us how Tenn is so physical and it allows them to stay in the game and win it.

He was utterly dejected at halftime when NE's underrated front was taking out Henry. Heck, even Mariota's read option was cooked, which rendered him ineffective after that first drive.

Like I said, people/Pats Haters were going to be SHOCKED at the efficiency and depth of our D.

Romo and Nantz were crushed at the results. Bring back Phil Simms, who at least was more knowledgeable than this dork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back