PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlin is obsessed with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was kinda lame, but I think he was making fun of his prior remark about us being A-holes. As to beating them by 3 TDs - remember we were going to beat the Colts by 60 in payback for Deflategate. Of course while that did not happen the Colts gave us something even better. Thanks, Griff.

I'm sure you actually get it....but just in case......

When you assume you make an ass out u and me

He called the Patriots ass h***

So when you assume you make Patriots out of you and me.

It's not really funny but also not too offensive. He's really making fun of himself in a way. Bottom line is I want him to remain the coach of the Squealers for as log as possible. He's clueless.

The real joke is Trippin' Tomlin's coaching performances against Tom Brady but, if you're a Steeler fan, it's not a very funny one.

It's even less funny for them when you consider the fact that he's only 45 years old, not getting any better, and if you even suggest firing him the PC crowd will go ballistic.

As long as he keeps running that zone defense he can say anything his little heart desires.

Meh. It sounded like a humorous/self-deprecating reference to the locker room streaming incident with Antonio Brown where he was recorded using an ass- derivative in reference to the upcoming game against the Patriots. The 'Patriots' reference was just an attempt at a clever twist on the "ass of you and me" when you assume.

With that said, he is generally obsessed with the coach he cannot match and the team he cannot beat. The feeling is not mutual, with his lone shiny ring from 8 years ago. His attempts to draw the Patriots into some dialogue merits a similar reference from New England sports history - "Gods do not answer letters."

Keep talking, mere mortal. They will only return to smite you again, and then callously toss you aside until the following year.

Do you really think Ryan Tannehill plays well in a playoff game at Foxboro?
I think they have a good coach a great group of receivers a dominant running game a good defense that got better on paper.
I know we lost to Joe Flacco and Eli Manning and yes I think Tan is capable of getting a hot streak and outplaying both of them.
Again to me it's the Colts and Dolphins.
I think Paganos a good coach but didn't get to pick his players in Indy now the d line is being sorted out with Luck as QB they could potentially get in a shootout with us.

Just had my second cup of coffee, gotta take a Tomlin.

Didn't he call antonio brown foolish for making that whole thing public? Now he's bringing it to attention again. Oh well, more fuel for bb i like it

Meh. It sounded like a humorous/self-deprecating reference to the locker room streaming incident with Antonio Brown where he was recorded using an ass- derivative in reference to the upcoming game against the Patriots. The 'Patriots' reference was just an attempt at a clever twist on the "ass of you and me" when you assume.

With that said, he is generally obsessed with the coach he cannot match and the team he cannot beat. The feeling is not mutual, with his lone shiny ring from 8 years ago. His attempts to draw the Patriots into some dialogue merits a similar reference from New England sports history - "Gods do not answer letters."

Keep talking, mere mortal. They will only return to smite you again, and then callously toss you aside until the following year.

They're paying him $7M/year to do a job he sucks at.

He's an African American coach with a Superbowl ring. He can't be fired. If the Steelers organization and/or their fans get smart and start questioning his performance, he'll point to the SB ring, his AFC championship in 2010, the fact that he's never had a losing season as a HC . . . and that the Patriots "cheat" so what can he do?

I think they have a good coach a great group of receivers a dominant running game a good defense that got better on paper.
I know we lost to Joe Flacco and Eli Manning and yes I think Tan is capable of getting a hot streak and outplaying both of them.
I think Paganos a good coach but didn't get to pick his players in Indy now the d line is being sorted out with Luck as QB they could potentially get in a shootout with us.

Meh on Tanny. I dont think they have anything close to a defense that can slow down NE. They have talent on offense.

Pagano get his guys to play hard but is a poor in-game manager.

They're paying him $7M/year to do a job he sucks at.

He's an African American coach with a Superbowl ring. He can't be fired. If the Steelers organization and/or their fans get smart and start questioning his performance, he'll point to the SB ring, his AFC championship in 2010, the fact that he's never had a losing season as a HC . . . and that the Patriots "cheat" so what can he do?

Well, the Pats must cheat because no team can be that good.

If, however, Belichick stumbled like a skid row rummie onto the field and into the path of the opposing team's kick returner with a straight shot to the end zone, thereby inadvertently allowing the return team to catch up, then that would not be cheating because it would be an accident.:)

For some reason I thought he had two rings, but then reminded myself that Cowher won the 2005 ring.

Well, the Pats must cheat because no team can be that good.

If, however, Belichick stumbled like a skid row rummie onto the field and into the path of the opposing team's kick returner with a straight shot to the end zone, thereby inadvertently allowing the return team to catch up, then that would not be cheating because it would be an accident.:)

For some reason I thought he had two rings, but then reminded myself that Cowher won the 2005 ring.

It was Cowher's players (coupled with an unfortunate ACL tear for the GOAT in 2008) facing the mighty 9-7 AZ Cardinals that resulted in Tomlin's SB ring.

Whereupon, Luck would immediately throw 3 picks.

Some some idiot a few yrs ago at the 7-11 with an image of Tomlin's face painted over the entire side of his truck. Gotta love these assclowns.

1). It was a joke.
2) He was trying to tell a self-deprecating joke by referencing the embarrassment he experienced when a player streamed live what was supposed to be a private team meeting and when the team he called assholes routed his team next week.
3) Since it requires such a lengthy explanation, it was a really bad joke.

Understandable. Even with his complaining to Town Hall and the media, Tomlin can't solve the riddle that is Belichick's Patriots. 2-6 for a winning percentage of 25%. That's a big fat L.

That will most likely be 2-8 by the end of next season. Ironically that's the same beating Belichick and Brady put on the rest of the league-80%.

Who's your Daddy?

I mean hey, to be successful you have to be a little bit of an as$hole.. ;)

I'm sure "Coach" Tomlin commanded about as much rapt attention from those students as he did in the AFC playoffs from his own players.........

Antonio-Brown.jpg

"Why won't anyone listen to me?????? I'll try to be edgy and say something about the Patriots.....

ap_steelers_tomlin_79011932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back