PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAngelo Williams gets into heated argument with NFL Network hosts over Patriots-Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pats1989 showing why he is the boards biggest imbicile and ****y...again

He can't understand why the 2017 pats could be favored and then posts something really stupid, gets called on it then goes back and deletes it from his original post.

Spineless, gutless, stupid embarrassing coward.

Last edited:
@Pats1989 showing why he is the boards biggest imbicile and ****y...again

He can't understand why the 2017 pats could be favored and then posts something really stupid, gets called on it then goes back and deletes it from his original post.

Spineless, gutless, stupid embarrassing coward.
He was also wrong, Fauria picked the Steelers, I didn't hear why

Is this really a thing to get excited about? Half the country cant back up an opinion with any facts right now. Why should we expect any different from this idiot?

Williams is one of the most sensitive people that's ever played the game.

Remember when he had a big list of teams he refused to play for?

Is this really a thing to get excited about? Half the country cant back up an opinion with any facts right now. Why should we expect any different from this idiot?
To me, I don't even care about the Patriots aspect.

This guy was a flat out assh*le in this video.

LOL. That segment was entertaining. I have no problems with DeAngelo dismay at Patriots being favored, but I LOVED his talking crap to the mediots. They got red faced, down right defensive and could barely put up a fight. Loved it. The mediots are a dangerous lot - they protect their own, even the most difficult ones. Since they own the horn, they lash out mercilessly. It will be interesting to see what kind of a blackballing Williams gets in the near future - oh, he definitely will - either overtly or covertly.

Wow he's mad that Maroney got picked over him? That happened like over 10 years ago? After the draft is over it's up to YOU to make the most of your own career. On top of that he still made the 1st round. Don't get bitter because guys taken later than you, such as Brady, round 6, and Gronk, round 2, have had HOF caliber careers.

Then he accused the entire panel of having a bias for New England. But if anything his bias against them was completely obvious. He went so far as to belittle one of the hosts for 'not playing football' and challenging the guy's concussions as just slipping on the field.

The guy just came across as a douche bag. I think he's just bitter because he keeps waiting by the phone for some team to call on him to unretire but the phonecall never comes. Keep waiting dude!!

Thats why the whole Fake News + agenda based news reporting is highly insidious. Whatever your beliefs you never have to change them. Someone is reassuring you anything that makes you uncomfortable is a lie and then cooing to you what you want to hear.

Ladies and gentlemen, our next NFL Commissioner!

The only thing I took out of that interview is that I miss Kay Adams.
But I do agree with D'A Williams about "why are the Steelers are a 3 point underdog?"

Dude is a clown who goes to personal attacks because he can't back up his reason why the Steelers should be favored.

"DeAngelo Williams doesn’t like that the Patriots are favored over the Steelers, and, for some reason, he decided to take it out on the cast of NFL Network’s Good Morning Football in what turned out to be a pretty awkward interview. While there’s plenty of awkwardness early on in the segment, skip to the 7:30 mark for the good stuff… Williams resorts to playing the “You never played” card, but unbeknownst to him, Kyle Brandt was a running back at Princeton. So he moves the goalposts to “You never played in the NFL,” which doesn’t really help his argument that the Steelers ought to be favored over the Patriots despite the fact that Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have owned Pittsburgh in recent years. ."

Thanks for making me watch this for no reason. His act is what the ESPNFL wants and he does make valid points. The Patriots can't go back in a time machine and import an old defense, Pitt should be favored at home. He obviously should have been drafted before Maroney [though I missed that on the video]. There isn't any correlation between an NFL career and playing for Princeton.

Again, don't know why you picked this video, but i agree with Williams on every point and his personality is what the networks want, though I can do without it.

I enjoyed it when he admitted that the matchup weakness for Pitt would be RBs catching passes out of the backfield, but his immediate solution was "just put a DB on them - New England can't run the ball, they're not a good running team."

So... I guess all of Lewis' and Burkhead's production just hasn't happened... go ahead and take a linebacker off the field to play an extra DB, I'm sure they won't be able to take advantage of that in the running game. Oh yeah, and one fewer LB won't hurt when trying to cover Gronk either, right?

I didn't have an opinion on DeAngelo Williams before but after seeing this and a couple other appearances he has made it is clear to me that he is a grade A a**-hole.

He hates the Patriots because they drafted Maroney instead of him and he literally still holds onto a crazy grudge. Regardless he's a POS.

Edit: Proof

I was thinking a great response to "what round were you drafted in?" would be, "well, Lawrence Maroney was drafted before you, so he has a better opinion than you. We'll have him on next time."

Belichick coaching against Tomlin would have to be worth around 7 points in point spreads, right? If all you knew about two teams is that Bill was coaching Team A and Tomlin team B, I'd set the line at Team A -7.

They all act like this is a championship game. Its just another game.

you had me at "one of my predecessors, Rob Gronkowski"

Overall - my Pats homerism aside - sounds like a pleasant drunk next to you at the bar, pretty funny... "When there's a weather advisory that old people shouldn't go outside, I shouldn't be out there runnin' around."

He shouldn't be expecting that call too eagerly though... his resume from this interview is:

1) I wasn't that great, I was good
2) I don't want to play for a non-contender
3) I will be expensive to sign and
4) Don't expect me to talk tough, I'm too tired to practice if it's hot or cold, and if it's hot or cold on game day that game just shouldn't count, even though it will

I think D-Williams has shown himself to be a overly opinionated and of lower IQ for most of his time in the limelight.
Why a tv network wants to put a mic front of his face for any other reason than unintentional comedy is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye