PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Sources made 'clear to me' decision to move on from Belichick made after Germany game

Bob is in a bad situation. He's going to have high picks and tons of cash. It wouldn't make sense to keep Bill, let him pick the players only to let him go after his contract runs out in 2024 assuming no improvements are made. Now the new coach may have nothing to work with. Bob is going to have to really consider trading Bill in the offseason so he won't pay two salaries. If there are no takers, Bob will have to bite the bullet, move on from Bill, hire a new coach and pay Bill's 2024 salary.
Agree with this, now is the time for a change to give whomever takes over the best opportunity. Kraft owes it to himself and his kids to make the move when it’s best for the team, exactly as BB always did with his players and coaches.

The obvious question is whether BB wants to move on to a new organization to keep coaching. While that’s what I expect, I would not be surprised at all if BB retires from coaching and running the team, stays around for a year in an advisory role, and packs it in when his contract is up. Doing so would be similar to what Parcells, Coughlin, and Bill Walsh did, and actually not that much different from what his Dad did in staying at Navy.

I think this was put out there by Jonathan, like others have said above the Krafts know they’re going to take crap on this no matter what so getting ahead of things is a way to dilute it when the day comes.

And Curran is still a clown with his frat boy persona and stupid looking “hair system.”

Said it years ago; This league blows. When TB and BB are gone so am I.
We've been halfway there for a while now and it's been a struggle. Watching games with music on because the broadcasts are a constant torrent of nonsense. Every other commercial is for a drug with incels dressed up as hipsters riding different colored inner tubes.
Players acting like the Rockettes after every play.
Players groping each other for twenty yards down field before the ref renders his purchased judgement of the foray.
No hitting in the off-season, practice, pre- season, regular season and playoffs.
Every support campaign aimed at anything but straight men.
Charging the military for "Troop Support."
Inviting gambling into bed.
Most importantly; the transition from sport to entertainment.
It sucks.
People who say they're leaving when BB and TB are both gone are just bandwagoners.

It means that no one believed his clickbait, so he's doubling down.
Tbh it's so late in the season at this poin that I almost have to think he feels like his source is airtight on this one. It's not like he's dropping it in some random game we lost in October's newcycle and most people will just forget by the end of the season. He's sticking his ass out there way too much. He's either got a source or someone he trusts decided to **** him hard.

It's not about player safety. It's about player liability and lawsuits. The player's safety stuff is just smokescreen for "we don't want to get sued out of existence".

I'd argue it's also about money. There's nothing to explain the rules against DB's beyond "we want bigger numbers for fantasy which drives up viewership" - which has ironically led to this ****ty offensive product that Tom Brady has criticized recently.

People who say they're leaving when BB and TB are both gone are just bandwagoners.
Yup this is no different than people who just abandon ship when the team isn't good. Literally not a single thing in that post was something Bill or Tom actively prevented or fought against. They don't care about that ****, so if you want to take some moral high ground, just leave now. Don't pretend to be some virtous person who is only staying around cause their favorite coach/player is still there.

It's lame bandwagon ****. At that point if you hate the league so much, why would you even value anything the team does anymore? They aren't doing it in spite of that.

Yup this is no different than people who just abandon ship when the team isn't good. Literally not a single thing in that post was something Bill or Tom actively prevented or fought against. They don't care about that ****, so if you want to take some moral high ground, just leave now. Don't pretend to be some virtous person who is only staying around cause their favorite coach/player is still there.

It's lame bandwagon ****. At that point if you hate the league so much, why would you even value anything the team does anymore? They aren't doing it in spite of that.
TB and BB kept my interest. It's waning. Nothing moral about it. The league is boring Broadway.

I'd argue it's also about money. There's nothing to explain the rules against DB's beyond "we want bigger numbers for fantasy which drives up viewership" - which has ironically led to this ****ty offensive product that Tom Brady has criticized recently.
It's about players in the union wanting less practice. Let's be real almost every player who retires says something to the effect of "if I only had to suit up on Sunday, I would have tried to play forever, it's everything else that wears you down". Players don't want to run their body down more than they feel they have to. The league doesn't care because they don't make money on practice anyways and also don't want players getting banged up there.

It's easy to just use that for leverage.

I think the majority of people that said that will still be watching after Bill's gone.

i do not understand the hate bill gets in this forum.

Arguably hes the greatest coach of all time. This guy works his ass off in preseason doing the scouting , he's working year round.

Two bad years and we boot him off . If anyone that can right this ship is bill. If bill can field a average to above average offense which i am pretty sure we can looking at the weapons ( henry , douglas .. Need a X ) , we can get to top of the afc with his stellar defense.

I can go on and on . The grass is greener on the other side but who do you trust more than bill to set the ship right ?

If you are moving on from Bill ton better be getting a home run higher.

Those who want Bill gone, please give a name of a coach you will like that is available. Lets hear it.

If you are moving on from Bill ton better be getting a home run higher.
The worst thing you can do in sports is hold on to something that no longer works because you are afraid that you won't get it right immediately. It's how teams stay in purgatory. Love Bill, he'll probably be my favorite sports coach the rest of my life and I'll tell my grand childen about how good this run was. But all things come to an end. He's not the same coach he was even 7 years ago. He's not at a point in his life where he can commit to however long a rebuild takes and then seeing it through to capitalize on it even if he does revert back to what he once was.

Be happy it all happened and just realize that we got all of it longer than any other franchise.

Patullos Patriots

Wes Welker coming back to New England would be dope.

Josh Mcdaniels, don’t count this one out.

Brian Johnson

Bob Slovik

Brian Griese

Harbaugh

Ben Johnson.

Bienemy, Harbaugh (the one at Michigan), Johnson.
You are serious? I don't know how to respond to these. If the Krafts are thinking like this, then they were more lucky than good.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back