PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's Sister post on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a violent egg storm headed this way for a lot of you guys....

Sleeper spot for sure I don’t see why you wouldn’t consider Detroit If he is willing to to go to the Titans.
True, but Patricia is getting exposed over there and it’s not an ideal place to live. Vrabel took his team to the AFCCG.

True, but Patricia is getting exposed over there and it’s not an ideal place to live. Vrabel took his team to the AFCCG.
I
My thinking is he would have some very good targets to throw to there.

We should accept that Brady is leaving.

This whole matter should be signed and sealed and on to 2020 by now. The reason why it isnt is because Brady isn't coming back to NE.

Virtually un-tradable contract with Stafford and they are picking third. If they want to move on from Stafford they’ll likely pick Tua or Herbert and then trade Stafford when they can afford to. They can’t have two QBs accounting for like $50M in cap space. They also don’t appear to be close to win-now territory.
Titans or Bucs are really the only destinations that make sense and I’d put Tampa as a long shot.

We should accept that Brady is leaving.

This whole matter should be signed and sealed and on to 2020 by now. The reason why it isnt is because Brady isn't coming back to NE.
You could argue they are waiting on the CBA.

You could argue they are waiting on the CBA.
It's not about the money.

Brady has been quoted before that a few more million dollars is not going to make a difference to him. Brady has never squeezed every nickel out of the Pats that he could take with justification.

Titans or Bucs are really the only destinations that make sense and I’d put Tampa as a long shot.
Titans make the most sense.

Brady and Vrabel have history. Trust is huge on these NFL teams. Vrabel would give Brady virtually whatever he wanted and the Titans dont need much on offense.

Brady and Vrabel have history. Trust is huge on these NFL teams. Vrabel would give Brady virtually whatever he wanted and the Titans dont need much on offense.
Hoping some NFC team sweeps him off his feet.
Would much rather see the Cowboys bet on winning a super bowl and go all in with Brady.

It's not about the money.

Brady has been quoted before that a few more million dollars is not going to make a difference to him. Brady has never squeezed every nickel out of the Pats that he could take with justification.

the new CBA contract and Brady's extension with Patriots are not mutually exclusive. It's not about cash received by Brady. Rather it's about contract structure and cap hit.

The CBA has a 30% rule in the the Final Year of the contract meaning a contract extended/signed in the Final Year (as is currently since it expries in 2020) cannot increase salaries more than 30%.

So by signing an extension before new CBA is agreed upon, Pats cannot structure a contract where they absorb more cap hit down the road (where it would presumably be a smaller % of the cap with new TV contracts.

Example :

They cannot do this :
- sign brady to a 3 year 90M, 55M guaranteed with 45 SIGNING BONUS now
year 1 : salary 2M - (15 signing bonus cap) + 6.5 Dead = TOTAL CAP 26.5M
year 2 : salary 8M- (15 signing bonus cap) +6.5 Dead = TOTAL CAP 29.5M
year 3 : salary 25M - (15 signing bonus cap) = voidable

so in effect 2 year 55 guaranteed
again, they might structure to move more of the cap into year 3 with Post June 1 cut thing or something creative but that NOT available since CBA in final year

ALL this can presumably be done once CBA is extended

To me it’s black and white which we all know is how BB thinks.
He didn’t commit big money to him 3 years ago 2 years ago he had one of his worst statistical seasons yes not an all star cast.
He chooses to use his own training and workout methods upsetting BB he didn’t go to OTAs and sat out a lot of camps where he could get more in sync with Harry and Meyers.
Looked all world week 1 and 2 and when Brown was cut sulked all season and started to publicly criticize the talent around him.
Stopped throwing to the open man we all saw it.
Father Time is catching up and his skills Have eroded I would argue his mental processing was a hair slower last Season and that makes all the difference when you are immobile.
Showed a good arm on throws at times and other times timing was off throws were more Duck like.
Threw balls low when he didn’t have to.
What made me the most upset could of built the young guys up publically even if it was hyperbole.
Instead he froze them out and treated them like Kids who annoyed him.
I don’t want that back I choose to forget about the last season as a mulligan and will always love Brady for what he did but this divorce is best for both sides.
It will happen.
I wouldn’t be surprised BB doesn’t even come with a counter offer.
That will never come out publically but that’s my best guess.
A start over In life can wake up his competitive juices and yes he Will Have a good to great year I would bet anywhere but here.
The time has come.

FWIW: I think he stays in NE if he's comfortable that the Pats can fix the Offense, beginning with the OLine and adding a good TE and some decent WRs.

If he's not comfortable, he leaves. My vote is Dallas, with already arguably the best OLine in the league, a great running back, and some decent receivers. I think Jerruh, goes with the big splash, tags and ultimately trades Dak (who IMO is mediocre at best), and lures the GOAT.

The other spot is New Orleans, with Brees on the outside looking in. That team needs a QB who won't fold when its all on the line, and they have a very good Offense already.

"Its" been an awesome ride would imply that there is possibly more to come.

Have had an awesome ride does not bode well for the future imo.

Not sure, i think everyone uses different phrasing

"Its been real"
"Its been fun"
"Its been an awesome ride"

Are things people say at the end of something, but I don't think you can really infer anything from that post other than Brady's future is still unclear

Not sure, i think everyone uses different phrasing

"Its been real"
"Its been fun"
"Its been an awesome ride"

Are things people say at the end of something, but I don't think you can really infer anything from that post other than Brady's future is still unclear

Alright.

'It was" nice having Brady here while it lasted. He may have stayed in NE and the Pats "would have had" a couple more Super Bowl runs with better drafting and personnel choices.

I really think it’ll be Titans or he’ll return. Surprised there’s been zero talk about them outside this board.

It’s official. Brady to Lions. :p

Lions sign Amendola to 1 yr deal

Sleeper spot for sure I don’t see why you wouldn’t consider Detroit If he is willing to to go to the Titans.

Tennessee was in the AFCCG while the Lions were playing golf.

To me it’s black and white which we all know is how BB thinks.
He didn’t commit big money to him 3 years ago 2 years ago he had one of his worst statistical seasons yes not an all star cast.
He chooses to use his own training and workout methods upsetting BB he didn’t go to OTAs and sat out a lot of camps where he could get more in sync with Harry and Meyers.
Looked all world week 1 and 2 and when Brown was cut sulked all season and started to publicly criticize the talent around him.
Stopped throwing to the open man we all saw it.
Father Time is catching up and his skills Have eroded I would argue his mental processing was a hair slower last Season and that makes all the difference when you are immobile.
Showed a good arm on throws at times and other times timing was off throws were more Duck like.
Threw balls low when he didn’t have to.
What made me the most upset could of built the young guys up publically even if it was hyperbole.
Instead he froze them out and treated them like Kids who annoyed him.
I don’t want that back I choose to forget about the last season as a mulligan and will always love Brady for what he did but this divorce is best for both sides.
It will happen.
I wouldn’t be surprised BB doesn’t even come with a counter offer.
That will never come out publically but that’s my best guess.
A start over In life can wake up his competitive juices and yes he Will Have a good to great year I would bet anywhere but here.
The time has come.
Your analysis is as good as any Jet fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST