PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady TV Show? (mod edit: "Tom vs Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some hardly known Facebook documentary about TBs off-season workout routine is the Kardashians. I'm sure you were apoplectic about the Do your job documentary with 100 times the exposure, and Edelman' Burger Tyme.

Fluff pieces are different.

BB is still very private and selective about who gets in the inner circle. He would never allow Hardknocks access to the Pats in a million years. Edelman is a bump on the log. Widely popular in NE, but his notoriety is limited outside the region.

Brady is a celebrity and in a whole different league. This has grown beyond training and nutrition.

We are in David Beckum and the Spice girls territory.

has no impact on the Patriots
maybe, maybe not.

This "film" is current meaning done during this season, and is being released (or at least the trailer) right before the post season starts.

I think the Pats are going to demolish everyone this year, but you never know how much time or effort needed to go into this.

So I assume you will not be watching "Tom verse Time"... God even the title is so self praising.. it's f'd up.
So many Toms defying mortality

upload_2018-1-12_7-6-30.png

Last edited:
A ton of old guys trying to do some (poor) stand-up in this thread.

it's hard linked to the Patriots and has likely had at least some impact on the team and if you do not see that you are being naive
How is it hard-linked to the Patriots? No Kraft, no Belichick, no other Patriots player is even hinted at being mentioned.

Other than 'he plays for the Patriots', your contention is very specious.

It is going rogue because, (unless you don't know Belichick) it is NOT something BB approves of.

If Devin McCourty started a news letter that pokes fun at each team the Pats defeat, you think BB would put up with it? What if like 14 or 15 players started their own magazines making fun of the teams we beat? Be honest about it at least.
EDIT: @Former Fan How is this funny?
I hear your concerns, but I disagree with the level of “poking fun” at the teams. He usually just incorporates something about the city or mascot into what amounts to be a pretty innocuous cartoon.

When you’re involving an alligator, Bill Hader, etc one would hope that it’s not seen as a sign of disrespect to other teams. I just don’t see the “nah, nah, nah, nah” aspect to it that you do. That said, I think your point is valid that Brady is definitely cut some slack, but I could see a guy like Bennett or someone doing something similar. Who knows?

Nobody is forcing anyone to watch anything, Chopra has done similar documentaries on Kobe Bryant and Victor Cruz... in the big scale of things this effort means nothing and has no impact on the Patriots...
Yeah, I was listening to Curran interviewing him on the Quick Slants podcast, and he stated that they’re very mindful of not crossing certain lines where they wouldn’t be putting the organization first, especially after last week’s article.

He said that Brady turned the idea down several times but finally came around to it last spring, where they both realized that they may want to document what had become a part of history/something very special. He said that while it does touch on the battles through the season, it likely would not go into the postseason for fear of distracting from the main purpose at hand.

The one and only issue that I may have would be the timing of the trailer release. I think there’s plenty of time to mess with that stuff in a few weeks down the road, once the offseason starts (hopefully, not sooner). I think I may have waited on this announcement, but that’s just me.

How is it hard-linked to the Patriots? No Kraft, no Belichick, no other Patriots player is even hinted at being mentioned.

Other than 'he plays for the Patriots', your contention is very specious.
Alex G. is a hard link among others.

Alex G. is a hard link among others.
Alex Guerrero doesn't work for the Patriots. That's why he got thrown out of the building, remember?

I hear your concerns, but I disagree with the level of “poking fun” at the teams. He usually just incorporates something about the city or mascot into what amounts to be a pretty innocuous cartoon.

When you’re involving an alligator, Bill Hader, etc one would hope that it’s not seen as a sign of disrespect to other teams. I just don’t see the “nah, nah, nah, nah” aspect to it that you do. That said, I think your point is valid that Brady is definitely cut some slack, but I could see a guy like Bennett or someone doing something similar. Who knows?
Only reason it is allowed is its Tom Brady and yeah it is making fun. I would respect it a lot more if he actually did one for each loss too.. Like with KC he could have had several Chiefs down field End Zone celebration with a fallen Gilmore or something.

(I just looked at a couple and they definitely are offensive to the losing teams, they are funny though)

Alex Guerrero doesn't work for the Patriots. That's why he got thrown out of the building, remember?
You are misunderstanding me. "TB Times" is not in any way part of the Patriots, but it is "hard linked" to the Patriots topically. "Tom verses Time" (..yuck) is the same

Only reason it is allowed is its Tom Brady and yeah it is making fun. I would respect it a lot more if he actually did one for each loss too.. Like with KC he could have had several Chiefs down field End Zone celebration with a fallen Gilmore or something.

(I just looked at a couple and they definitely are offensive to the losing teams, they are funny though)
pointing out a teammate's deficiencies? definite patriot no-no.

pointing out a teammate's deficiencies? definite patriot no-no.
OK. He could make fun of himself then. Honestly I would respect the TB Times magazine thing if he included the losses.

Image how funny it would be after week one he surprisingly released a "TB Times" that showed a bunch of cartoon Indian Chiefs in shoulder pads chanting and jumping in circles around Brady on the ground in middle with the Head lines "SCALPED!" ...be hilarious.

I did love his one for the 23-7 win over the Falcons this year. Brady is sitting next to a messed up confused looking Falcon caricature in helmet and pads and Brady says to him "Best 3 out of 5"?

We were talking about TB Times not the show.
Got it, so when you responded to a comment about the video saying "much of what" Brady does isn't in the BB mold, your use of the term "much" meant just one thing- the TB times.

In that case I agree with you, the video is in line with the BB mold and is of no consequence to the team.

It is going rogue because, (unless you don't know Belichick) it is NOT something BB approves of.

If Devin McCourty started a news letter that pokes fun at each team the Pats defeat, you think BB would put up with it? What if like 14 or 15 players started their own magazines making fun of the teams we beat? Be honest about it at least.
EDIT: @Former Fan How is this funny?
I find it hilarious that you think you know what BB would and wouldn't tolerate.

Episode 1 is almost up:

Tom vs Time

Tomorrow at 12PM EST.

I hate reality shows.
Please, please Tom, don't, just don't.

Don't go out like Ozzy

This is so not like a Patriot. Opening a door for all kinds of distraction. He couldn't have chosen a time after the Superbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes