PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he's done "for good"

Serious question - if Tom is going to unofficially "mentor" a QB, or even show up to a TC practice as an invited guest, is it going to be in TAM or at Gillette? To me, it's no contest. I could see Tom selling his Tampa house, and never engaging in that community again. But, Tom will get the McGinest treatment - and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stop in even this summer.
Tom never owned property in Tampa, it was rented. The rented house was put on the market at least a month before the end of the season. To me it was a clear sign he was out of Tampa.

I wonder if a part of his thinking of why this year his retirement thoughts feel so different compared to last year is he was in everyone who isn’t an idiots view the MVP. It was one of the 5 best seasons of his entire career, easily. And he so nearly beat the Rams to get to the NFFCG. How can you sleep at night knowing you were going out while still that good? But this year was not that. We all saw the flashes of Brady being the GOAT still. But other times it just didn’t look right. It was just…off. And so that’s how he knows he should walk. Because he can feel it slipping away.

Just trying to figure this out because it’s so unexpected to me. But that would make sense.

its a total ****ing scam that Rodgers got the MVP over Brady... Brady led QBs in like all categories

They give Rodgers the Manning treatment

So one day in New England to make it official??

How many more SHOULD we have won while he was here? I'd say the 2007 SB, 2008 (the year he missed), the 2011 SB, and 2015 that Denver won. You could also argue the 2017 SB v Philly. So 10 or 11 rings as a Patriot.

How many more SHOULD we have won while he was here? I'd say the 2007 SB, 2008 (the year he missed), the 2011 SB, and 2015 that Denver won. You could also argue the 2017 SB v Philly. So 10 or 11 rings as a Patriot.
2008 sucks. the league was **** that year. it was there for the taking if not for the ACL

Brady as the Patriots next QB coach. Just kidding but I can dream.

Tom should get 3 hall of fame gold jackets

I'll believe it when he signs his one day contract with the Pats. BTW, eat a cookie Brady!

He will be someone's #1 color guy soon.

Peter Griffin Applause GIF by Family Guy

I'll believe it when he signs his one day contract with the Pats. BTW, eat a cookie Brady!

He will be someone's #1 color guy soon.
First time he retired he signed a big contract to be the analyst on the Fox #1 announcing team. It will be interesting to see what Fox does, Greg Olsen is in his first year on the #1 team, he’s good.

First time he retired he signed a big contract to be the analyst on the Fox #1 announcing team. It will be interesting to see what Fox does, Greg Olsen is in his first year on the #1 team, he’s good.
Olsen can go replace Romo at CBS

Best ever. Hopefully we get a Tom Brady night next season vs an easy team on primetime. Maybe vs the Colts?

Thank you, TB12, for 20 amazing years and the best experience a sports fan could ever hope to have...following a team for now 49 years from Laughingstock to Dynasty to Basking in the Glow of Greatness even after you left.

Thanks for giving my kids, who were born when you "only" had one ring, a role model and an inspiration...I describe one of them, Captain and QB of his Public HS Football team, as "having a chip on his shoulder as big as Tom Brady's"...he's on track to graduate Summa Cum Laude from an Ivy League university, in part, because of the drive he saw in you.

More importantly, you gave my kids and myself a shared passion and love for a team...providing plenty to talk about during the awkward times when teenagers otherwise want (and need) to carve out a little healthy distance between themselves and their dad.

If you're so inclined (and, it's fine with me if you aren't, FWIW), I hope Bob Kraft does the right thing and offers you a 24-hour contract so you can retire as a New England Patriot and that the Glazer's are classy enough to let that happen.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back