PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he's done "for good"

That's interesting. So at the very, very end he gave himself an out should something unexpected materialize. He decided to retire pending contingencies that were not to be.

Knowing it was prerecorded robs some of the poignancy. I liked the idea he woke up with an epiphany and ran with it.
Does this mean we have to wait for the replay review in NY before it’s official??

Does this mean we have to wait for the replay review in NY before it’s official??

Depends on someone throwing the red flag, I suppose.

On another note, I wonder if Miami committing to Tua and Sean Payton going to Denver in recent days entered into his decision. The talking heads suggest San Fran was disqualified because of the distance from his kids.

Last edited:
I found out taking a **** at 7:30 this wasn’t even a possibility I thought
I think the latest line on retirement was like a 20% chance.

First time he retired he signed a big contract to be the analyst on the Fox #1 announcing team. It will be interesting to see what Fox does, Greg Olsen is in his first year on the #1 team, he’s good.
Somehow, I don't think that's a very difficult decision for Fox to make...although two or three other Networks are hoping Fox holds onto Olsen and sets up a bidding war for Brady with Fox still on the hook.

As a Patriots fan, Saints fan, and LSU Tigers fan, I have been absolutely spoiled getting to cheer for players like Brady, Brees, and Burrow. Tom Brady was the best of them all. A graceful, humble exit from the job he excelled at like nobody in history. Thank you for all you have achieved and given to the sport Tom.

The GOAT!

I really don't believe him. Come March he is going to get offers and he will want to play again. It seems like SB time is really difficult for him as this is two times now in two years that he has retired right before the SB. It is almost like he just can't stand it that he is not playing in the game and decides to retire and then the game is played, winner is crowned, one week of hoopla and then on to next season. Once that lull happens and everyone has turned their attention to 2023, he will want to play again badly IMO.

Man one can hope

Not hard work at all and no to the second part.
That's good, because your narrative makes no sense. There's no way she could know his retirement would happen four months later, even if he promised he would. He had already shown he would do whatever he wanted to do, his first retirement/un-retirement cycle proved that.

That's good, because your narrative makes no sense. There's no way she could know his retirement would happen four months later, even if he promised he would. He had already shown he would do whatever he wanted to do, his first retirement/un-retirement cycle proved that.
I hope Gisele reads this, bro!

Do I have to spell it for you. She was getting P-o-k-e-d or wanted to to get P-o-k-e-d as a result of all the hot tumbling and rolling while doing Ji Jitsu training. Can you blame the instructor for always having a bone while training with her?

It wasn't really and truly about the retirement unretirement and football.

Last edited:
How many more SHOULD we have won while he was here? I'd say the 2007 SB, 2008 (the year he missed), the 2011 SB, and 2015 that Denver won. You could also argue the 2017 SB v Philly. So 10 or 11 rings as a Patriot.
Oh come on!

Your nick suggests you've been following football long enough to know that six with the Pats could have been five without the Tuck call, Four without Carroll's play calling that led to Butler's pick, Three without Kasay kicking off OB with 1:07 left in XXXVIII, two with a different flip of the coin in an AFCCG v. KC not to mention Edelman's catch and Ryan's choking in LI, just as well as it could have been three or so more for the same kinds of reasons and injuries.

That's why winning seven is so remarkable...officials' calls, bad bounces, injuries and bad play calls all can change a game, a season, a championship.

Oh come on!

Your nick suggests you've been following football long enough to know that six with the Pats could have been five without the Tuck call, Four without Carroll's play calling that led to Butler's pick, Three without Kasay kicking off OB with 1:07 left in XXXVIII, two with a different flip of the coin in an AFCCG v. KC not to mention Edelman's catch and Ryan's choking in LI, just as well as it could have been three or so more for the same kinds of reasons and injuries.

That's why winning seven is so remarkable...officials' calls, bad bounces, injuries and bad play calls all can change a game, a season, a championship.
Yes the what-ifs can go both ways. So it's fitting that he won 7 rings, a number right in the middle of all of that. :)

As a Patriots fan, Saints fan, and LSU Tigers fan, I have been absolutely spoiled getting to cheer for players like Brady, Brees, and Burrow. Tom Brady was the best of them all. A graceful, humble exit from the job he excelled at like nobody in history. Thank you for all you have achieved and given to the sport Tom.

The GOAT!
Someone Reaction GIF

Tom, come back, 1 day contract, retire as a Patriot. We make a statue with you spiking the ball like you did in the snow game. Retire number, Patriots immediate Hall of fame inductee! NOW!

Tom, come back, 1 day contract, retire as a Patriot. We make a statue with you spiking the ball like you did in the snow game. Retire number, Patriots immediate Hall of fame inductee! NOW!
You should send him that in a DM with a selfie.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back