PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady reaffirms plan to play beyond 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I’m pretty sure Brady will be back for 2019, I also bet we don’t know he’s done until after a season is over, and before that he’ll continue to say that he’s coming back. He’s gonna avoid the Pink Head retirement tour and all the drama and distraction that comes with it.

He'll be here thru 2020 for sure. he retires after only wearing a Patriot uni.

i agree 100% with these 2 main points

imho still 2 seasons (2019 + 2020)
he will retire as a Patriot

my 2 cents...;)

Yep. He very well may be one of those players who just can't stay upright.

His first injury was due to a cheap shot by Kiko Alonzo that I think is now illegal or may have been at the time. His next one was just plain dumb. Even RB's and WR's are getting OOB as soon as possible rather than take on hits. Let's hope that his latest one is his last.

I'm not talking about contract. I'm talking about talent level. I was not a fan of Brissett in this system
Right but the comment was we should have kept jimmy which was not possible.

His first injury was due to a cheap shot by Kiko Alonzo that I think is now illegal or may have been at the time. His next one was just plain dumb. Even RB's and WR's are getting OOB as soon as possible rather than take on hits. Let's hope that his latest one is his last.
The weird thing is Jimmy's injury was not a result from contact.

Last edited:
Kiko Alonzo is a cheap shot artist.

How so? Beasley and Cobb are both under 30. Beasley would come in and immediately assume the role left behind by Amendola's departure. Crowder is 25 and is averaging 13.6 yards a catch even considering the situation that Washington has had at QB this season. Crowder, in particular, would be an immediate upgrade to every WR on this roster not named "Edelman."

All of these guys are decent, And all could end up making money similar to what Danny got in Miami. Both Cobb and Beasley will be right around 30 next season; how many years can we get out of them before they start their dip in performance? (Id argue cobbs is already starting).

Of the 3 mentioned crowder would be the one I’m interested in. He’s only 25, this year production wise killed due to injury and consistently puts up around 60 grabs a season and just entering prime. I agree this one isn’t a stop gap, this would be Jules eventually replacement in the slot.

The only guy similar to crowder as a FA is Adam humphries. Similar age and production.

They weird thing is Jimmy's injury was not a result from contact.

That's what I get for commenting on something that I didn't see. Because I heard that he should have gone OOB instead of running for more I ASSumed that he was injured by a hit.

Did we just clinch the 2019 division title?

That's what I get for commenting on something that I didn't see. Because I heard that he should have gone OOB instead of running for more I ASSumed that he was injured by a hit.
Your statement is still valid. For the $ he is making and his value to the team, Jimmy needs to be a lot smarter about protecting himself from unnecessary hits.

All of these guys are decent, And all could end up making money similar to what Danny got in Miami. Both Cobb and Beasley will be right around 30 next season; how many years can we get out of them before they start their dip in performance? (Id argue cobbs is already starting).

Of the 3 mentioned crowder would be the one I’m interested in. He’s only 25, this year production wise killed due to injury and consistently puts up around 60 grabs a season and just entering prime. I agree this one isn’t a stop gap, this would be Jules eventually replacement in the slot.

The only guy similar to crowder as a FA is Adam humphries. Similar age and production.

I was just tossing out a few names off the top of my head. I'd be fine with Crowder and Beasley as FA moves, bringing back Patterson (and/or Dorsett), and a draft pick. I think even starting there improves the passing game dramatically.

I could have used you when I was in the hospital in Italy with a “femura rotta”

femore ?

i have been in Bormio several times ;)

Great......I’ll prepare myself to watch the decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes