PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady reaffirms plan to play beyond 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correlation =/= causation. We've also seen QBs come in and light it up in Week 1 after having a couple of weeks off between the end of the preseason and the beginning of the regular season. You put Brees out there and he gets injured in a game where the team literally has nothing to gain or lose, and you can kiss your Super Bowl hopes goodbye.

I can’t think of a single QB who has rested in week 17 and gone on to win the Super Bowl, at least in recent memory.

What's funny is that, for at least most sane people, "Season's over" about a playoff team doesn't actually mean a 0% chance, and that's understood. And, as Patriots fans, 2007 serves as a constant reminder of that. It's the flip side of "No way they lose", which 2007 also reminds us doesn't actually guarantee a 100% success rate. When we talk about winning championships and playoff runs, we pretty much break teams down, unconsciously or not, into one of 7 types:

Mortal lock
Heavy favorite
Favorite
Meh
Not likely
Puncher's chance
Not a chance in hell

And we understand that history has repeatedly proven that "always" and "never" aren't actually absolutes, in context.

Except for the Jete. They always suck.

I can’t think of a single QB who has rested in week 17 and gone on to win the Super Bowl, at least in recent memory.
Eagles in 2017? Nate Sudfeld played almost the entire game, Foles played a series or two, but mostly sat.

Eagles in 2017? Nate Sudfeld played almost the entire game, Foles played a series or two, but mostly sat.

Foles played for the entire 1st quarter, which is different than not playing at all. Brees should play at least a few series.

Except that's not quitting. This has been pointed out to you time and time and time and time and time and time again. Doubt in a team's chances to win the Super Bowl is not quitting. Outright ceasing to follow a team and/or rooting for a new team is quitting on the team. Once again, if having doubt in a team's chances of winning the Super Bowl means quitting on the team, the following entire fan bases have quit on their teams just this year:
  • Jets
  • Dolphins
  • Bills
  • Browns
  • Bengals
  • Texans
  • Titans
  • Raiders
  • Broncos
  • Packers
  • Lions
  • Giants
  • Eagles
  • Redskins
  • Bucs
  • Panthers
  • Falcons
  • 49ers
  • Cardinals
And that's not even mentioning the teams the Patriots have fielded over the years where this very fan base expressed similar doubts. Your definition was either a load of crap or you quit on the team this year and many other pre-BB years (including 2000 and 2001 more than likely in the BB era). Those are the only two possibilities. Now, given your responses since I've pointed that out, I'm more than aware that you know your definition of the word was crap. The reason you're continuing on this path whilst getting your head handed to you on a silver platter now appears to be related to being butthurt over how I described homers. And there's only one reason why I think you would be so butthurt over that...
Another hilarious Kontra post. Heavy on words ends in some snide comment but all you did was show that you think our chances are the same as a bunch of teams that are eliminated from the playoffs.
The only teams still alive in your list are Tenn and Hou I assume Hou fans only quit when they were 0-3 and assumed Watson was not ready post injury. I don't think the Titans fans ever did quit on their team, I was there a few weeks ago they think pretty highly of their team.

If it ends this debate I'll stop calling you a quitter and instead I will refer to your opinion as someone who thinks this team has an equal chance as the teams eliminated from contention. It's a bit wordy so I do apologize in the future if someone thinks I could express that thought using one word.

I'm shocked people disagree with this statement.
I'm assuming they disagree as Jimmy has not been healthy.

Based on sheer playing time & production there is no debate.

Brady will lose $5 M in bonus this season. His bonus package has 5 categories each worth $1 M. Top 5 in passing yardage, passing touchdowns, passing ratings, completion percentage and yards per attempt. Last season he got all 5.

Brady will lose $5 M in bonus this season. His bonus package has 5 categories each worth $1 M. Top 5 in passing yardage, passing touchdowns, passing ratings, completion percentage and yards per attempt. Last season he got all 5.

He did it on purpose to save cap space. That explains everything. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand