PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady reaffirms plan to play beyond 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad news for the media (except skip bayless) today :(

I don't know what to think about Brady playing longer than next season. I haven't liked his play this season. The thing that bothers me the most about his position is we don't have a young backup. I don't like having Hoyer as the backup. I have zero confidence in him if Brady goes down.

I would have to say I feel the most uncomfortable with the present QB situation, Brady and Hoyer. I would have been more comfortable with Brady and JG or Brady and Brissett.

Just my opinion

Would you feel comfortable with a 2019 situation of Brady and etling?

Let him play somewhere else....provided Bill the GM can get another qb...I'll still take the 2018 mediocre in just about every category Brady over most of the flotsam and jetsam out there, but my God, the chinks in Brady's armor have been showing last few games..

How would you feel if it's found out that Brady is playing injured?

Jimmy is 10x more talented than Brisket. If we want to factor health into the assessment then thats fine.

I agree with this. Brissett kind of sucks anyway. But there was no way to keep both Jimmy and Brady without crippling the cap.

Then BB the GM will be failing him and the rest of the offense for another year. Given how they've handled the WR position in the past, I expect them to focus on the FA route/trades first.

There’s not a lot out there in FA for wr/TE. The most accomplished wr out there is golden Tate who honesty would be an overpay given his age/dip in production. TE is a little better with guys like Jared Cook, Jesse James but again these are short term bandaids when we really need to address these areas long term through the draft.

Brady will be our QB in 2019. That Im certain

The real question is where do we draft a QB? To me there is no question that if a guy they like fall to our pick, we'll take it, no matter the round. But would BB be willing to move up for someone?

Then BB the GM will be failing him and the rest of the offense for another year. Given how they've handled the WR position in the past, I expect them to focus on the FA route/trades first.

I agree a FA/trade increases the chances of short-term success but if Bill has the opportunity to land a Deion Branch/Gronk 2.0 which can be an asset to the franchise after Tom is gone then he should do it.

There’s not a lot out there in FA for wr/TE. The most accomplished wr out there is golden Tate who honesty would be an overpay given his age/dip in production. TE is a little better with guys like Jared Cook, Jesse James but again these are short term bandaids when we really need to address these areas long term through the draft.

Cole Beasley and Randall Cobb will be available. As will Crowder and Larry Fitz (although he would be more of a stopgap at this point in his career).

I agree a FA/trade increases the chances of short-term success but if Bill has the opportunity to land a Deion Branch/Gronk 2.0 which can be an asset to the franchise after Tom is gone then he should do it.

Absolutely. The draft should not be ignored. But ONLY using the draft and not looking at the FA/trade route first would be a mistake.

I'm not sure that unhealthy is the right word to associate with Garropolo. I think it's more like unlucky.
Yep. He very well may be one of those players who just can't stay upright.

Cole Beasley and Randall Cobb will be available. As will Crowder and Larry Fitz (although he would be more of a stopgap at this point in his career).

All of those players listed are stop gaps.

I agree. Jimmy is better than Brissett
But jimmy couldn’t be kept because his contract was expiring. It’s a non topic.
Brisset was traded because they determined he wouldn’t make it here. Not sure why anyone would want him back.

But jimmy couldn’t be kept because his contract was expiring. It’s a non topic.
Brisset was traded because they determined he wouldn’t make it here. Not sure why anyone would want him back.
I'm not talking about contract. I'm talking about talent level. I was not a fan of Brissett in this system

Jimmy is 10x more talented than Brisket. If we want to factor health into the assessment then thats fine.

A. Jimmy so far is Sam Bradford. Staying healthy is kiiiiiiinda important.
B. The Pats couldn't have kept Jimmy anyway with that cap hit.
C. Aaron Rodgers may be the most physically talented QB ever... and yet, he only has 1 ring. Talent is important... but it isn't everything.

All of those players listed are stop gaps.

How so? Beasley and Cobb are both under 30. Beasley would come in and immediately assume the role left behind by Amendola's departure. Crowder is 25 and is averaging 13.6 yards a catch even considering the situation that Washington has had at QB this season. Crowder, in particular, would be an immediate upgrade to every WR on this roster not named "Edelman."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes