PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady has won more playoff games than Joe Montana qualified for

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final tally is that Joe didn't become a starter until halfway through his second season when the 49ers weren't any good. Had a season cut short due to the strike and missed the playoffs. And missed 2 years with injuries. That's 10 years vs Brady's 15. One guy is clearly more durable than the other. Especially when you consider Joe missed other regular season games in other years
Brady didn't become a starter until his second season when the patriots weren't very good.

Sure Brady is more durable and he is also better.

What? 1 or 2 more than Brady? Montana lost 3 years due to injury and a strike

Brady is in his 7th Super Bowl. Montana only made 4. They played the same amount of years. Clearly, getting to more SBs means you will be playing in more games.

Can't fault a team for not making the playoffs in a strike shortened season

I would say you can.

Especially since Patriots made the playoffs(and Super Bowl) despite Brady being unfairly suspended and missing significant practice time due to being suspended and having to get JG ready.

You think a strike shortened season would stop Brady?

You can't?
Why not they played the same game as every other season.
Everyone played the same number of games and there were actually extra playoff teams.

You can. But I won't. It's not a full season. At the same time I'm not going too say whoever made the playoffs that year didn't deserve it, I'm just not going to hold it against Montana for not making the playoffs. They may have or may not have made it

Brady has been to the playoffs 14 times. He's been one and done just twice.
Montana went to the playoffs 11 times. He was one and done 4 times.
The bay area radio here never mentions this. They have suddenly become so insecure they bring up Brady's SB losses.

I would say you can.

Especially since Patriots made the playoffs(and Super Bowl) despite Brady being unfairly suspended and missing significant practice time due to being suspended and having to get JG ready.

You think a strike shortened season would stop Brady?

Didn't the Patriots miss the playoffs after their first SB season in a full year. 49ers missed after their first SB season, the same year as the strike.

You can. But I won't. It's not a full season. At the same time I'm not going too say whoever made the playoffs that year didn't deserve it, I'm just not going to hold it against Montana for not making the playoffs. They may have or may not have made it
No they didn't make it. No may have.

You seem to think that you can make up alternative realities.
We are takking about actually getting to, playing in and winning playoff games in real life in the football field.
Brady has won more than Montana could get to. It's a simple fact.

The bay area radio here never mentions this. They have suddenly become so insecure they bring up Brady's SB losses.

They must forget the Giants terrorized Montana and are responsible for half of his playoff losses. Even injuring him in one

The final tally is that Joe didn't become a starter until halfway through his second season when the 49ers weren't any good. Had a season cut short due to the strike and missed the playoffs. And missed 2 years with injuries. That's 10 years vs Brady's 15. One guy is clearly more durable than the other. Especially when you consider Joe missed other regular season games in other years

You're embarrassing yourself on this subject. Walk away.

Just walk away.

Didn't the Patriots miss the playoffs after their first SB season in a full year. 49ers missed after their first SB season, the same year as the strike.
What is your point? Those seasons are included in both of their records.

No they didn't make it. No may have.

You seem to think that you can make up alternative realities.
We are takking about actually getting to, playing in and winning playoff games in real life in the football field.
Brady has won more than Montana could get to. It's a simple fact.

Yes and I agreed with that, and a large part of that is durability. Which you agreed that Brady is more durable. Others, not you, seem like there saying durability isn't a factor, which is bewildering to me when you consider it actually supports the argument that BRADYS BETTER

Yes and I agreed with that, and a large part of that is durability. Which you agreed that Brady is more durable. Others, not you, seem like there saying durability isn't a factor, which is bewildering to me when you consider it actually supports the argument that BRADYS BETTER
Durability aside Brady is better.

You are the one who jumped into this thread and said it's only about durability. You are wrong.

So is the main point that Brady is more durable right or wrong?
No your main point is dirability is the reason and the reason is because Brady is better.

No your main point is dirability is the reason and the reason is because Brady is better.

Andy, injuries kept Montana from playing 2 consecutive seasons! And he got knocked out of a winnable game which they lost even thought the Giants never scored a touchdown. Durability is huge reason Montana did not play in/win more games. The guy was great but he probably missed time due to injuries in a 3rd of his seasons. That's a lot for a quarterback. When you throw in the one an dones that 9 years in which he didn't win a playoff game.

What, no respect for their native son?

Andy, injuries kept Montana from playing 2 consecutive seasons! And he got knocked out of a winnable game which they lost even thought the Giants never scored a touchdown. Durability is huge reason Montana did not play in/win more games. The guy was great but he probably missed time due to injuries in a 3rd of his seasons. That's a lot for a quarterback. When you throw in the one an dones that 9 years in which he didn't win a playoff game.
What in the world are you talking about?
Repeat after me: brady is better. Then move on you have no argument at all.

And Brady became a starter in his second year for a team that was 5-11 the previous year and 0-2 in 2001......That's a wash in my book....
And the strike shortened year added 2 or 4 more playoff teams so it was actually easier to make the playoffs that year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST