PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To me this is already a good season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just made two Super Bowls in a row and are a road win away from a third.

I think we as Pats fans fail to see the sheer improbable excellence this organization continues to output.

We are spoiled as hell.....but that doesn’t mean I don’t want another title. Super Bowl win or bust.

We just made two Super Bowls in a row and are a road win away from a third.

I think we as Pats fans fail to see the sheer improbable excellence this organization continues to output.

We are spoiled as hell.....but that doesn’t mean I don’t want another title. Super Bowl win or bust.

I've been a fan of the Patriots since the 1970's. I know damned well just how improbable this run has been.

The question was asked (Or I thought it was): Would you rather lose in the title game, or the SB. I'd rather lose in the title game. I'd rather lose 41-10 in a title game vs losing a close SB. When you get blown out, you never had a chance. Can't go back and agonize over one or two plays being the difference. It just wasn't your day.

BS. It's never better to lose sooner. That's the lame argument we laugh at every time the Montana-philes bring up. It's also never your day when you lose but you can't leave with the hottest girl if you never go to the dance.

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” ~RFK~

Last edited:
The question was asked (Or I thought it was): Would you rather lose in the title game, or the SB. I'd rather lose in the title game. I'd rather lose 41-10 in a title game vs losing a close SB. When you get blown out, you never had a chance. Can't go back and agonize over one or two plays being the difference. It just wasn't your day. I was over the 2013 AFCCG loss in about three hours. I've never gotten over any of the SB losses.

But this is only knowing in advance we were a sure bet to lose the SB. Now, if someone asked me if I'd prefer an AFCCG loss over a potential (Meaning it's 50 50) SB loss, I'd say hell no.

I cannot fathom thinking about losing at all when you're privileged to be in the playoffs, but that's just me, I guess.

Just the fact that they play into late January/February every damned year, putting them behind other teams, putting more wear and tear on the vets...then come out and dominate again and again...

Greatest dynasty I've seen in any sport, because football, with the injuries, the roster churn, the adjustments by other teams, isn't' like any other sport.

BS. It's never better to lose sooner. That's the lame argument we laugh at every time the Montana-philes bring up. It's also never your day when you lose but you can't leave with the hottest girl if you never go to the dance.

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” ~RFK~

I'm talking about my preference as a fan. If someone said:"Would you rather your team lose in the title game or SB", I'll take the title game. But that's only if I knew what the result would be (Hindsight etc etc). And media will hold it against Brady if he loses in a SB. They won't appreciate him getting to one. It isn't fair. But it happens.

I'm talking about my preference as a fan. If someone said:"Would you rather your team lose in the title game or SB", I'll take the title game. But that's only if I knew what the result would be (Hindsight etc etc). And media will hold it against Brady if he loses in a SB. They won't appreciate him getting to one. It isn't fair. But it happens.

It's like, If my girlfriend cheated on me would I rather it be with my brother or my best friend.

I think the better answer is I hope she wouldn't.

By the way, why sign up for this forum in December? It's been here forever, including the regular season. Your favorite team not make the playoffs?

Since when did any Pats fan start lending any credence to the media's opinion of our Tommy?
Sure you aren't a wagon jumping displaced Iggles fan?

I feel like it's been a good season considering the up and down nature of the season, and especially the feeling after the Miami debacle. Just happy to be a fan of this team, when most fan bases are thinking about the draft we get to consistently watch this team make a deep playoff run even when most people have written us off.

The patriots haven't been written the patriots off since the Kraft bought the team 25 years ago.

If you ever want to check, simply look at the betting odds for the playoffs or the Super Bowl. The patriots are always in the top 5.

.when most fan bases are thinking about the draft we get to consistently watch this team make a deep playoff run even when most people have written us off.

I want them to put up a good fight in Kansas City. Our team has a bunch of missed draft picks, wear & tear, veterans slowing down etc., while the Chiefs basically struck gold in recent drafts. Sure they are media favorites and I wouldn't be surprised if they win. But I wanna see Patriots playing tough, good football, and then I'll be satisfied with a season that looked derailed more often than not.

When the Pats were stuck on 3 Super Bowls for 10 years (still hard to believe), I was thinking I really wanted them to get to 5 (with Brady). That, I thought, would be a good number.

Now I’m thinking 7. Funny how expectations change.

When the Pats end a season without a Super Bowl, HOW they lose affects how I feel about the season.

2013? Team was absolutely decimated. Proud they made it that far. Last year? Too much said about it already, but much much worse.

If the Pats fall to KC in a game where the run defense struggles, Brady plays well, but the team falls short to a team having a great year? That’s not too bad. Something weird happens, last second heartbreaker? Much worse.

Better to win and avoid any of it.

If it is the real chance to compete and achieve a great success I do not even think what is the better way to lose-in a conference game or in SB.Neither of them is good when your team has an opportunity to get the championship. And fortunately Pats have spoiled us in some way because they are the best ,they are expected to be in SB every year. If we are in the final and lose it can you really say "that was a successful season". I doubt it. Ok we can notice some positive aspects but never describe it as a good season. Second place is not the goal neither for us - fans,players nor coaching staff.

Hard not to feel super sunny after their performance on Sunday. That looked like one of the great Patriot teams that could do anything.

I guess if they lose another game the season goes on the pile of good overachieving seasons.

Gee, I don't know. Our quarterback doesn't seem very confident.

Of course I'll be pulling for the Pats to go all the way, and it's nitwits like Sharpe and ****erson that I'll think of if they do.

Those two clowns still couldn't give Brady his due. Even when they recognized his greatness in this game and his career they had to add "buts" to it. They even brought up Montana never losing a SB.

Someone on this forum mentioned that Sharpe needs a tongue transplant. Boy was he correct. Sharpe's is clearly too large.

I predicted 11-5 in the record predictions thread before the start of the season because I didn’t have confidence in this team. That’s my lowest prediction in years.

I’ve continued my “low” expectations throughout the course of the season based on all factors that have been frequently noted here. I decided early on this season that reaching the AFCCG would constitute a successful season for this team.

Now I have hope for more. The Chargers game was a bit of a stunner. They played so much better than any game all year. Perhaps they can put together another run, particularly with the cold weather helping to minimize KC’s home field advantage.

I would never count the Patriots out; not with this coach or this QB. It is realistic for them to win on Sunday and again at the Super Bowl. But they don’t need to win any more for me to consider their season a success.

The Max Kellermans and Rob Parkers will - not because they believe it but because it’s their job to rile people up- but the media who know better won’t.

Brady’s legacy is set in stone and nothing that he does from here on out (short of a PED bust) will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft