PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To me this is already a good season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Manning

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just as the title states. Barring a 28-3 type choke job (Unlikely), they've exceeded my expectations. I am a happy fan. Obviously I'll be dissapointed for a day or two if they lose Sunday. But I'll realize they overcame alot this year.

Your thoughts on this being a good season?

Last edited:
I still can’t get over the Miami loss which would have made a lot of difference. They need to beat the chiefs for me to say it has been a success. Super bowl is a toss up. I don’t mind if the rams or saints win.

Entitled as it may sound : because of their tremendous success, it’s SB win or bust for this high achieving group. One day, who knows when, it’ll not be this way. Our expectations will change. And that’s fine.

For now, any season that’s doesn’t end in confetti for NE is a little disappointing. Having said that, yesterday’s performance was nice to see ! I’m not sure this squad is consistent enough to duplicate four more quarters vs very tough competition. I hope the oldies but goodies can pull it off...

Not yet. The goal for a team with Tom Brady as a QB and Bill Belichick as a coach still hasn't changed. Super Bowl is the expectation.

Entitled as it may sound : because of their tremendous success, it’s SB win or bust for this high achieving group. One day, who knows when, it’ll not be this way. Our expectations will change. And that’s fine.

For now, any season that’s doesn’t end in confetti for NE is a little disappointing. Having said that, yesterday’s performance was nice to see ! I’m not sure this squad is consistent enough to duplicate four more quarters vs very tough competition. I hope the oldies but goodies can pull it off...

I think they are consistent enough to duplicate yesterday's performance...if the game were at home. This is a totally different team on the road. I am not sure why.

Just as the title states. Barring a 28-3 type choke job (Unlikely), they've exceeded my expectations. I am a happy fan. Obviously I'll be dissapointed for a day or two if they lose Sunday. But I'll realize they overcame alot this year.

Your thoughts on this being a successful season?
8 straight conference appearances, 10 straight division titles... both those achievements matter to me.

If they lose another game, i wont say the season was a failure nor would i be disappointed, they have met my expectations so far, and hope they continue, I ignored the noise, and will continue to let my eyes tell me the reality . I am rather enjoying this ride, its cierra 2001 again, hopefully with the same results, I am not rudely/arrogantly expecting a Lombardi this season , kind of loving it

I still can’t get over the Miami loss which would have made a lot of difference. They need to beat the chiefs for me to say it has been a success. Super bowl is a toss up. I don’t mind if the rams or saints win.

Miami Loss is the difference between this game being at Arrowhead vs home. Definitely an inexcusable loss. But oh well. It happened. If this team beats KC, it won't be talked about as much.

8 straight conference appearances, 10 straight division titles... both those achievements matter to me.

Yep. They matter to me too. Now, I won't say I am "content" or "satisfied" if they lose Sunday. Just saying I will sit back and look at the glass half full.

It's not easy to win the division ten straight times. It also isn't easy to get this far this often. We are definitely spoiled.

Lombardi or bust has clouded our vision..

The Pats have been so dominant for 18 years that we are essentially treated like the defending champs every year.

Brady has “only” won 5. That means 12 seasons he failed?

Pats have dominated the NFL his whole run. And history will take all his SB appearances, division titles, games won plYofffs and regulR season into his GOATNESD

I want the Lombardi but this is a great season.

Yep. They matter to me too. Now, I won't say I am "content" or "satisfied" if they lose Sunday. Just saying I will sit back and look at the glass half full.

It's not easy to win the division ten straight times. It also isn't easy to get this far this often. We are definitely spoiled.
And if we win we will be only the third team in super bowl era to play in three straight.

Lombardi or bust has clouded our vision..

The Pats have been so dominant for 18 years that we are essentially treated like the defending champs every year.

Brady has “only” won 5. That means 12 seasons he failed?

Pats have dominated the NFL his whole run. And history will take all his SB appearances, division titles, games won plYofffs and regulR season into his GOATNESD

I want the Lombardi but this is a great season.

Even more impressive to do it in the free agency era.

There is no question this season has been challenging.

At the start of the year I didn't make my standard, homer-esque, "They are winning the SB this year" proclamation because this year felt different. The Wr position. The trouble on the road. Gronk's weirdness.

As usual they weathered the storm, improved, and are now playing their best football. They smashed a very good Chargers team. Lets not discount it. They belong in the Final 4.

With that said from the start of the season they are right were I thought they'd be- in the AFCCG.

If they lose next week, it'll suck but they will go down fighting and that is representative of this dynasty. Lots to be happy about. Of course lots of wouldas, couldas and shoudas will follow and rightfully so. Why didn't Bill trade for X, Why didn't Josh do Y. It'll go on and on. With the window closing just a bit more it'll be hard to swallow.

From the start of the year to now, I didn't expect KC to be as good as they are now. With that said they are not as good as they were at Thanksgiving.

The NEP are better now than they were at Thanksgiving.

My expectations are now higher.

I think they will get by KC and are winning the whole damn thing.

If they lose I'll be disappointed but not "07" disappointed but after a few days i'll look back on the season and view it as a good one- but not a success. Just like 2013.

Even more impressive to do it in the free agency era.
I actually think free agency made it easier for Belichick and Adams...

Reason? Because it made it harder for other teams to keep good teams together. And since Belichick and Adams “figured it out” AND he is a coaching genius... he could consistently compete..

Though it is not popular in Pats land to admit it, our division mates have not been run well fir the entire run also.

Every other division in the NFL has had multiple teams have those “breakout” seasons with 12, 13, even 14 or 15 during the B.B. years.

Only on 3 occasion has another afc east team reached 11 wins in the 01-18 run

They made the final 4 again. That's always a great season.

I wouldn't be mad if they lose on Sunday. I think they'll win though and do it convincingly.

They are capable of winning. But curious what makes you say the bolded? Patriots have been a poor road team all season. Arrowhead stadium is a legit Home field Advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back