PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To Everyone Blaming Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Brady wasn't at OTA's" is a stupid argument. Brady has been practicing with these players almost everyday since late July and they are still having issues. Does anyone really think that a few practices in t-shirts would make a difference. If they haven't figured it out by now there are deeper issues then missing OTA's.

I think more blame needs to go on the coaching staff. They Oline has no depth, a couple of injuries and they are toast. The WR can't get open. The running backs have taken a step back and we have the worst TE's in the league.

BB needs to get more involved with the offense. Bring in Troy Brown as a receiver instructor. Where's Chris Hogan? If he isn't injured than get him BB.

As a PatsFan, I’m ok with everything.

I’m ok if Tom is upset that the offense isn’t clicking and we’re no longer the #1 seed.

what else am I going to do, act like a child & pout?

In other news, Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown a TD against the Eagles for 7 different teams.

Sign the beast.

Can't hang around long. Everybody relax. Jeez, first there were no receivers, then we had all the receivers, then we had no receivers, we were going to be 16-0, now the sky is falling, everybody was upset TFB wasn't THE consensus greatest QB evah STill, now he's late for the door, there's even a strawman reported of people who think we shoulda kept Garopollo... although I haven't read anybody actually saying that, although I haven't been here much...

Just relax. 4 games to round out the season... at 10-2, one would hope that Q4 will be followed by a "second season."

Is the personnel just not there, and still falling every week? Can we not overcome the "bug"? So be it. There are years when NE does not win it all. In fact, if you have been a fan for a while, you remember that there are years when we don't even go to the Super Bowl. However, I would think that as terrible as we all feel after the last few performances, yes, there are answers to be found.

I'm past some of the urgency of youth, and the false belief that my fandom must mean I believe I would make better decisions than the best head coach in NFL history.

But FFS guys, get your shots next year. I mean, I'm not blaming one thing. But it would be nice if we only had the football related injuries to come back from.

It's a little late, but it's about time for this team to round into form for 2019.

BB needs to get more involved with the offense. Bring in Troy Brown as a receiver instructor. Where's Chris Hogan? If he isn't injured than get him BB.
Brown is on the staff and Hogan sucks.

Great insight

That's good insight from Orlovsky.

Harry was obviously in the doghouse after that one pick too.

I have trouble with Brady sometimes where other quarterbacks are able to integrate guys into their offenses. Here he had to integrate multiple guys and work with rookies and that's a tough ask but at least one of these guys needs to click by the end of the year.

What?? Do they give out magic pills at OTA?! So if Brady had been at OTA’s pats offense would be clicking on all cylinders right now? Had no idea they were THAT valuable!

There was a time when Brady took his WRs to a "holiday boot camp" taking time to develop some trust between each other, for them knowing what he demands from you to be on the same page, nowadays he travels to China and advertise TB12 methodes in the offseason ,so yeah theres some room to improve the trust building process...I don't want to blame TB but he should not cry about missing trust and reps with the WR corps if he isn't using as much time as possible to build up the trust he requires to use them at the highest level.

Are they good? well I don't know, I am actually not sure if McD is utilizing their strengths and avoiding to put them in an uncomfortable places where they cannot accelerate.
I haven't seen one back shoulder pass to Harry or Meyers on the outside line, beside the TD catch last week, its supposed to be where their strenghts are. For Harry you knew he wasn't able to get open in College, why should he be able to do so in the NFL? Why do you force him to some routes where you expect him to get Edelman or AB like seperation? He will not ever be able to do that and you should knew it if you have drafted him. Use him at his strengths, it will build his confidence and Bradys trust.

Design some plays (or use them because the Patriots for sure have them) where you mix it up more up the middle, do some unpredicted plays on 1st downs, no one is really taking care of the TEs on the seam route when Pats have Michel in, because everyone knows its either run or pass to Edelman over the top. Let them pay for it more than once a game.

The WR are not performing well but for me also the coaches do not with the play calling as they don't seem to change anything in the playbook to count in for the talent (or lack of) they have in their WR corps. It's like they use the same calls they would you use with WR they have had in the past which where completely different types of WRs/TEs.

Either you open up your play book to utilize the strengths of your WRs or you draft players that fit your system (midget like speedy guys who can get open for short passes if not double covered).

Its not all on Brady, its actually on the complete offense starting with the coaches to the players to the execution adn there its everyone, its also not like Brady was sharp on his throws all day long.

To quote BB:
"We have to do a better job!" :D

Everyone has a hand in the awful offense. The idea that Brady is without blame is hilarious.

However, McD has to shoulder some of the blame.

Our running game was effective last night especially after the first drive. Michel was finding holes in the middle to exploit.

Yet inexplicably, McD went pass heavy there afterwards.

Our OL did a decent job last night both run and pass blocking.

It's clear Brady doesn't trust our receivers outside of Edelman. It didn't help that when he did throw to a covered guy (Harry) it got picked off. On that play, the CB knew exactly what route Harry was running and jumped it.

I don't think Brady throwing tantrums in the sideline is helping. It looks stupid like when Marino used to throw tantrums towards the end of his career. It looks like he's throwing his receivers under the bus.

Great insight

This is exactly why the Gordon release was so puzzling to me. He knew the offense and was a capable receiver. Instead, you replace him with a good receiver in Sanu who does not know the offense well at this point and throw in a bunch of rookie WR in Harry and Meyers and this is what you get...

Tom deserves some of but not all the blame. He's been off more than usual.

Why is it that rookies and new vets have trouble getting on the same page as him? Other teams seem to be able to incorporate new guys into their offense.

If you say the offense is extremely complicated, maybe Josh needs to dumb it down a little.

The Harry pick looks like a bad one at this point. And I was a huge fan of his. Should’ve taken DK Metcalf, he’s explosive with great size AND speed. 38 catches, 630 yards and 5 TD catches, averaging 16.6 yards per catch. Two mistakes by Belichick, Michel over Chubb and Harry over Metcalf.

3 mistakes really, trading up for DB SlowJuan (benchwarmer) Williams In the 2nd round, instead of taking a WR & TE by staying put in the 2nd round. WRs Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf were taken in the slots the Pats had in the 2nd round. 4 mistakes, don’t have a 2nd round pick in 2020 because we traded it for Mohamed (waste of a pick) Sanu.

It doesn't matter who they would have taken. Brady doesn't trust rookies and newbie receivers for the most part in our offense. Bill should have gotten veteran help in the offseason (prior to training camp) and kept Gordon.

Last edited:
This is exactly why the Gordon release was so puzzling to me. He knew the offense and was a capable receiver. Instead, you replace him with a good receiver in Sanu who does not know the offense well at this point and throw in a bunch of rookie WR in Harry and Meyers and this is what you get...

It doesn't matter who they would have taken. Brady doesn't trust rookies and newbie receivers in our offense. Bill should have gotten veteran help in the offseason (prior to training camp) and kept Gordon.

Gordon has 3 catches for 37 yards in 2 games.

BB let Hogan leave because he didn't want to pay him.

It may help to simplify the offense down a bit so that rookie receivers can catch on more quickly...but that's little too late for 2019.

BB let Hogan leave because he didn't want to pay him.

And Hogan has... 3 receptions for 24 yards all year.

Whatever people think these guys still have in the tank after getting moved/cut/not signed by the Patriots, uhhhhh they don't.

I don’t care if it was preseason Stidham and Meyers were on the same page constantly because they worked together.

They were on the same page against third stringers and players that are playing arena football now.

Tom should of taken both these WRS under his wing and been there to teach them what he wants and expects.

What do you think they are doing all week ?

Everyone has a hand in the awful offense. The idea that Brady is without blame is hilarious.

However, McD has to shoulder some of the blame.

Our running game was effective last night especially after the first drive. Michel was finding holes in the middle to exploit.

Yet inexplicably, McD went pass heavy there afterwards.

Our OL did a decent job last night both run and pass blocking.

It's clear Brady doesn't trust our receivers outside of Edelman. It didn't help that when he did throw to a covered guy (Harry) it got picked off. On that play, the CB knew exactly what route Harry was running and jumped it.

I don't think Brady throwing tantrums in the sideline is helping. It looks stupid like when Marino used to throw tantrums towards the end of his career. It looks like he's throwing his receivers under the bus.
They belong under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back