SOURCE:CBS Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bengals
Sun
Dec 15th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Another Tough One
The Patriots fought until the end but just came up short during a frustrating loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

To Everyone Blaming Brady

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by CISGS, Dec 2, 2019.

1. sean10mm

sean10mm Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,243
    People are really jerkin it hard to the OTA absence here, as if the entire training camp and weeks of practices that followed never happened lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  2. Antdawg

Antdawg On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +491
    Some of the throws Brady made last night were just cringe-worthy. I'm not saying it's all his fault, but the guy is 42. How many QBs have operated at age 42 with a subpar WR corp? Brady is human. Love what he's done, but he won't be able to do it forever. A decline, or cliff, very soon is GOING TO HAPPEN. It's biology.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +4,285
    BB inadvertently killed Brady's spirit of investing in the team in his free time(Eagles Super Bowl benching of Butler still has an effect on Brady). . He does not see the point in doing so any more. He sees himself as just a player now vice what he was doing back in the days.
    I have been ridiculed for bring OTAs absences but the chicken has come home to roost. It starts in OTAs. He got away with it last year and won the super bowl so the point was disregarded and OTAs were decided to be no important for Brady and his new receiving corp. If they don't understand your hand signals, how can you help to be on the same page? In the past Brady helped out but now he seems to imply that that is the job of a coach.
    We may be alright in the end but I just feel he brought some of these on himself, unless we have managed to assembled the worse receiving group in the NFL. It can also be that it is combination of an overly restrictive offensive system that does renders receivers robotic.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. UptownPatsFan

UptownPatsFan Standin' Pat

Ratings:
    +20,033
    Of course Brady’s not perfect, but anyone thinking he’s the issue is..well, foolish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. sean10mm

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Love how fast some Pats "fans" turned on Tom Goddamn Brady.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +32,319
    Just curious what do you think is happening during OTAs ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. letekro

letekro Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,781
    Brady has worked on his game, his deep ball, fade, and back shoulder repertoire have improved dramatically over the years. However, his bread and butter is always going to be quick hitters in the middle of the field, delivered with laser-like accuracy. With Edelman doubled and White drawing a DB more frequently, he is just not going to be very successful unless one or more of Sanu/LaCosse/Meyers can become reliable receivers over the middle who can get open quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  8. 203Pat

203Pat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,994
    I will be the first to admit I am a huge Brady homer but I really don't think Brady is the issue. Since Wynn came back Brady has been getting a good amount of time to throw and still no one is getting open. Multiple times in the last couple weeks Brady ended up taking coverage sacks or throwing the ball away with great protection from the O-line. Hell, last night on a scramble drill Brady was pointing at Meyers to get down field and the only one on the planet who didn't know what Brady wanted was Meyers. It shouldn't take OTA practices to know what Brady wanted there. Even my dog knows if I point at something on the floor to head that direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TomPatriot

TomPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,526
    OTAs = red herring. They are comprised of ten days in the spring/summer where there is no contact. The point is to reinforce fundamentals and there are weeks and weeks of practices after that (minicamp and training camp). No way this is an issue for a guy like Brady.

• Thank You Thank You x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. WHPats

WHPats On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +521
    I certainly don't think Brady is THE problem, but he's certainly part of it when the offense doesn't produce. Great players make the players around them better. See Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux etc. Brady used to do that, making guys like David Patten and David Givens look real solid. But now he's not making the contested throws as well as he used to. His mobility is basically gone and unless the receiver has a fair amount of separation, he can't make the throw. The man is 42 years old and has the most decorated career of anyone who's ever played in the league, there's nothing this guy hasn't accomplished. It's ok that he's declining, it doesn't matter how closely the TB12 method is followed, eventually your body just can't do it anymore. The complicated offense they ran with Brady in his 20's and 30's likely isn't going to work anymore. You have to work with what you've got. Edelman and White are dependable, but you have to find a way to incorporate Dorsett and the two rookies. Simplify the offense somehow. I'm in the camp that will not give up on this team yet. They're still 10-2. Belichick is still Belichick.

What I don't love is Brady's disgust in press conferences. Frustration on the field is one thing, but as THE leader on that team, the younger guys are looking to him for guidance and how to act. It's understandable that he's frustrated, but he has to let these guys know he believes in them. A guy like Harry or Meyers is probably absolutely terrified of making a mistake because it will incur TB12's wrath. There's a time to push players and a time to be understanding. But maybe, just maybe, he's tired of it and doesn't want to do it anymore. No one could blame him. After 20 years as the starting QB of the premier franchise in the NFL and playing in more meaningful games than anyone could ever dream of, maybe he's just worn out. Nobody would blame him for that.

I still believe in this team. Until the clock hits 0:00 on a playoff game and the Patriots have fewer points than the opponent, I will not give up.

• Love Love x 1
  11. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,640
    That pick was on Harry quitting on his route. Which is why he spent the rest of the night on the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. vuudu

vuudu Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +4,285
    Team bonding. No? Starting early to know your new teammates likes, abilities, strengths? Laying the foundation for Training Camp?
    Or these are not important and can be accomplished anytime? The above was actually said by Brady back in the days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Taco

Taco On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +558
    Nailed it.

14. Brady6

Brady6 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,924
    Brady with Gordon (6-0)
    6 games, 1743 yards, 65% completion, 7.64 average, 10 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 97.5 rating

Brady without Gordon (4-2)
    6 games, 1525 yards, 57% completion, 6.01 average, 8 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 80.0 rating

However the coaching staff felt about Gordon, Brady seemed to trust him, releasing him so we could open up a roster spot for Cody Kessler just did not make any sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. sean10mm

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Gordon scenario really feels like a case where we just don't know what the heck the deal really was.

On the other hand he has 3 catches in 2 games in Seattle so he's not exactly looking like a superstar either. That's not a "franchise savior that got away" stat line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NYCPATS4LIFE

NYCPATS4LIFE Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,201
    I wish i had your optimism but another game like this against the chiefs next week and everything goes out the window

17. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,461
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. TN patriot fan

TN patriot fan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +526
    Granted, Belichick is still the greatest coach in history, but this year's draft really blew chunks. And the organization's record of drafting receivers would have to improve just to get to dismal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confused Confused x 1
  19. ashley1992

ashley1992 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15,071
    This board was killing Hogan his last year here, complaining that he was a JAG and couldn't get any separation. What has he done since he left NE? I would have taken Dorsett over Hogan as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,690
    I don't get the disagrees for speaking a truth. Dislikes would be more appropriate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1