SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:Boston Sports Journal

SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Frustrating Finish
Saturday night marked a frustrating end to New England's season, which now sets up some big questions heading into the offseason.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Titans @ Ravens thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Redman443, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Ring 6

Ring 6 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Really never. The qbs who can run that win sbs won because if their traditional QB skills and weren’t “running qbs”.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ring 6

Ring 6 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,820
    That’s some funny ****

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +5,578
    Even Mohomes is predominately a passing QB. So if the chiefs win, it’ll be another notch for passing QB’s

I get a strange feeling that some are rooting for a running QB to win one. But I just can’t figure out why.

Can someone explain why?

• Confused Confused x 2
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 3:58 PM
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +34,874
    Word yes, spelling no (only before 1950). I trust you're not that old. ;) Just the same, we shouldn't discount your generously politically correct acknowledgement of this board's Malaysian contingent.

This is true.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  5. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27,330
    I’ve heard Steve Young’s name being tossed around. Let’s conveniently forget that he was literally THE MOST ACCURATE quarterback of his era and it wasn’t close. He easily could have (and in retrospective probably should have) just stayed behind the LOS and picked teams apart but he was a deadly runner too. I’m not seeing in Jackson anything close to what Young was, an absolute assassin who could drop dimes all over the field.

Also heard Russell Wilson’s name being tossed around. GTFO. Go watch Super Bowl 48 and tell me you just watched a “running QB”. Wilson is elusive but he’s much more a passer. He uses his legs to buy time and keep defenses honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confused Confused x 1
  6. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,572

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +27,330
    Those three play calls aren’t the reason they lost the game. Not at all. They lost the game because they were playing short-handed, with a fake passing game that everyone knew was fake all season but needed to stop the run and force them into it. This is why Jackson wasn’t a top 10 pick. That said, the 4th down call in his own territory was pretty stupid, just as it has been all season despite having unsustainably high success/luck.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Wiluven

Wiluven On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +459
    Because it’s exciting to watch. Minus the Titans game, have you seen Lamar play? Vick?

Don’t get me wrong though, I want a passing QB on my team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  9. fightingirish595

fightingirish595 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,334
    Useless discusssion because there’s no agreed upon definition of what a running QB is

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  10. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +4,334
    dan Marino is more accurate than Steve young. Just sayin

11. venecol

venecol The FRG has a little **** PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,025
    This reminds me of the Ravens SB run with Trent Dilfer. He did enough not to lose.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +27,330
    Steve Young was THE MOST ACCURATE QUARTERBACK IN THE NFC!!!

13. fightingirish595

Ratings:
    +4,334
    lmao. It’s just my opinion. Maybe some would disagree. I expect most would agree Marino is more accurate but that doesn’t make me right

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,602
    I never said Jackson played a great game. In fact I said multiple times he played a bad game.

I'd expect nothing less from you tbh then to make **** up.
    Again you just have no idea what you're talking abt. Like when I mentioned a RB production can be replaced, the casual in you went right to "You really can replace Barkley anywhere in the draft" (paraphrasing there)
    You jump right to the name of Barkley instead of doing a bit research and understanding it's common knowledge RBs are pretty easily replaceable.

This is just the kind of poster you are so. No insight on anything. I remember I asked you to pull up 1 post, just 1 post which showed off any insight or anything showing you know what you're talking. No explanation, no breakdown. Just rah-rah bs like the most of the posters here.

Not once have you posted anything in the rewatch threads explaining anything. Those are a perfect example of the posters here. Literally 2-4 pages of copy/paste with almost no insight. And the insight comes from 2-5 posters which makes it boring as hell.

Like could you even tell us one or two different types of runs & figure out what each went for per rush?
    "They ran about 10-11 types of runs last game (OZ, IZ, ZR, Power, Duo, trip O, QB power, QB OZ, QB sweep) probably missing some considering I'm doing this on my couch/lunch break lol"
    Again I did this on my lunch break.

Again par for the course. You say things without putting any effort or thought into them. Like you did in the Jackson thread regarding my draft grades. You literally didn't go through them or anyone else. Remember when you said you were going to do actual work comparing mine to others instead of just popping off?

Just a few examples of the type of poster you are.

If you decide to actually back up your word I look forward to you telling me I'm a lot better than most. I doubt it though. As that would take objectivity, some football IQ & the ability to admit you were 100% wrong when you said there's no difference between mine and other ... You put no effort at all into digging in it but said there was no difference. Again I'm looking forward to admitting how wrong you are there :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +27,330
    Why are you always butting heads with everyone? You have a huge wealth of football knowledge. I don’t claim to know as much as you, or really even close, when it comes to scouting, schemes, terminology, etc. But sometimes things that are very obvious and self-evident are battles that you fight, rather ridiculously. And you insist on insulting everyone by demeaning how little they know compared to you.

A lot of your posts are really informative. I read some of them and am grateful to have someone on the forum with a great depth of knowledge. Your approach, and sometimes your very stubborn opinions, however, leave you open to caricature like mocking. But alas this is an anonymous message board...we are all just trying to be entertained and have fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +10,602
    Its amazing you really think you know what you're talking abt but are wrong in the examples you gave?

Neither were as accurate as Jackson this year or ever had a year like Jackson. That would some insight & smarts to understand. Which is exactly the opposite of what you have shown in your post lol.

You literally said Vick was more accurate, then said you never said that ... You're wrong on both old man. You dont football very well if this is the best you got?

Btw anyone paying attention knows Vick & Jackson have both run 4.3/high 4.2. Another fail.

Another person who likes to say how much they know but literally NEVER show it in any post.

You're a wanna be bully & offer no insight abt the very sport this forum is dedicated to. Go take a nap or not. I have no problem burying you more.

I honestly thought at some point you'd make an original argument or bring something cool to the table from those years watching film at BU lol?

Nope you're just the definition of a coward/bully. When someone actually challenges you the best you got is the pretty putrid like the post on Vick/Newton. Or when you made up **** abt me but when called out couldn't find ONE post to back up what you said. Not one. You went ***** and said I deleted it lol. Yea @Joker I deleted the one post that proves you were right. Ignoring I have thousands but it was that ONE post that got deleted.

You couldn't and haven't explained anything from what I've seen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +10,602
    Fair enough. I look forward to you @ me in the Jackson thread when you're done looking into almost a decade of draft grades like you said you would.

• Like Like x 1
  18. micronin127

micronin127 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +524
    Boy, what a kick in the nuts for the Ravens. I hate the Ravens.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +34,413
    W/e

20. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +34,413
    Russell Wilson.

• Like Like x 2