PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tired of max kellerman

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Mediot insults our fan base. This mediot supports and encourages patriots hate. He goes to the same school of idiocy as that wicksham fella. This twice before you read their articles and believe anything they say.
Never in the history of sports has so much hatred been directed by so many at so few.

Wicker-sham and max know they're going to ruffle some feathers and rile up the fan base, it' easy and lazy on their part. We just need to ignore it.

They are trying to get him on DHK today but my fear is that Holley will run interference for him when they get him on the ropes. I like Holley but he sucks when they have his friends on. He disgraced himself during the interviews with Wilbon and the Globe writer from the Spotlight team.

Kellerman has no pliability.

You need to exercise some self control. First you must understand Max Kellerman's goal which has been stated by a few posters in this thread. Once you know what he's really trying to do. You can start to understand it's not personal. It's just business. You want it to stop. Then be part of stopping him by stop talking about him. If someone else talks about him, you explain to them what he's doing and encourage them to not listen and talk about him.

That makes sense.

Self control has never been my strong suit but I’ll have to start using it on that.

They are trying to get him on DHK today but my fear is that Holley will run interference for him when they get him on the ropes. I like Holley but he sucks when they have his friends on. He disgraced himself during the interviews with Wilbon and the Globe writer from the Spotlight team.
That's an interesting take on Holley. I really like him, as well. But, I think you hit on something when you reference his demeanor toward friends and I'd add former colleagues, as well. He still challenges them when he disagrees, but it's in a somewhat gentle, non-confrontational manner when more aggression seems warranted. Anyway, good observation by you.

Can't stand Kellerman, even before him talking trash about the Patriots.
That being said though, lets keep in mind, this is a dude desperate for ratings and will do whatever it takes. Not saying he is doing it all on purpose, but he is exaggerating some to get more ratings.

It’s just media trolling. Getting all riled up is what he wants. When you wrestle with a pig in the mud you both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

News stories are now driven by provocation and agitation rather than substance or insight. Kellerman is just a sign of the times.

This is true and quite unfortunate really. Remember the good old days and jimmy the Greek and wide world of sports. Back then they used more substance and discipline. Cosell was a jerk but he didn’t make stuff up or attack fans

You guys understand that they are scripting this right? I don’t even think they believe what they say. It’s basically pro wrestling. They are paid to say this.

I agree with this sentiment. A lot of the media people, especially the ones on TV and radio folks are "playing characters" and push certain storylines as part of their show. I think for some of the people, they actually dislike certain coaches/players/teams so, when the script calls for it, it's not a stretch for them to act like it.

The thing I haven't been able to understand is, if this is the case, why ESPN never had a "Patriots homer" character. It would certainly stir up more interest if someone like Kellerman said that all non-Patriots were dumb 3 years ago for believing the deflated footballs story. To me, it would be more interesting radio if Mazz disagreed with Felger about the team. Instead, every negative opinion gets an endorsement or isn't challenged.

I agree with this sentiment. A lot of the media people, especially the ones on TV and radio folks are "playing characters" and push certain storylines as part of their show. I think for some of the people, they actually dislike certain coaches/players/teams so, when the script calls for it, it's not a stretch for them to act like it.

The thing I haven't been able to understand is, if this is the case, why ESPN never had a "Patriots homer" character. It would certainly stir up more interest if someone like Kellerman said that all non-Patriots were dumb 3 years ago for believing the deflated footballs story. To me, it would be more interesting radio if Mazz disagreed with Felger about the team. Instead, every negative opinion gets an endorsement or isn't challenged.

I believe that in this day and age, shock factor and controversy sells. Audiences aren't interested in real debate. Most people don't really care for a balanced argument. They feel a certain way and want to be represented. I think ESPN gets away with it because they validate the majority of sports audiences. Painting the Pats as evil is convenient and lucrative. Our lens of ESPN is via that of pats fans. I'm sure a lot of fans are just tired of the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back