PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You honestly believe there is no possibility that a player who is a game time decision, will not play?
He isnt a game time decision. Last nights move shows us that. If he were going to be inactive Underwood would be active.

I didn't say this was proof of anything, other than the fact they appear to be bolstering a completely different side of the team. And that does happen quite often. Your logic is sound, but it doesn't mean it's the only one that fits.
If the other set of logic is they cut Underwood because Gronk won't play, then yes my logic is the only one that fits.

All I'm saying is anybody on that game time decision list, is fair game to be one of the possible inactives, and yeah, personally for me, even Gronk wouldn't be a major surprise.

He is not a game time decision. We learned that last night with the move that you are saying convinced you he isn't playing.
You are adding 2+2 and gettinng 9,854.

Question is who gets cut today in order to make room for a Moss signing??

He isnt a game time decision. Last nights move shows us that. If he were going to be inactive Underwood would be active.

If the other set of logic is they cut Underwood because Gronk won't play, then yes my logic is the only one that fits.

He is not a game time decision. We learned that last night with the move that you are saying convinced you he isn't playing.
You are adding 2+2 and gettinng 9,854.

We didn't learn that. You are making assumptions. And as logical as they may be, they're still pure speculation, just like everyone else. There are a lot of different sets of logic.

You know what I am basing mine on? That first and foremost, this team's and Bill's primary goal is to win the freaking football game at all costs. And if that means they have to turn into freaking Foxball today, and punt 15 times, run the ball 40 times, and pass for 20, and make Brady look worse than Blaine Gabbert with a 50.0 QB rating to win the freaking game....and look nothing like the passing Patriots we have seen all year....then that's exactly what the hell Bill is going to do.

The only thing last night's move showed me, is they're pulling all stops and willing to do whatever it takes to win this Super Bowl. Whatever it takes.

Question is who gets cut today in order to make room for a Moss signing??

Sadly in all the confusion and angst over the Underwood release the deadline for transactions passed... But there's always next year, thank goodness, in case Rex nabs our lone 6th WR off the waiver wire Monday as Captain Santurdio insurance....

We didn't learn that. You are making assumptions. And as logical as they may be, they're still pure speculation, just like everyone else. There are a lot of different sets of logic.
Your lack of football knowledge is holding you back here from understanding.
If you lose a big weapon on offense, you don't cut another weapon that you now need more.

You know what I am basing mine on? That first and foremost, this team's and Bill's primary goal is to win the freaking football game at all costs.
I'm sure you are but your lack of understanding the game makes you come up with a screwy conclusion.

And if that means they have to turn into freaking Foxball today, and punt 15 times, run the ball 40 times, and pass for 20, and make Brady look worse than Blaine Gabbert with a 50.0 QB rating to win the freaking game....and look nothing like the passing Patriots we have seen all year....then that's exactly what the hell Bill is going to do.
Wow. You should find something better to do with your time. Football discussion clearly isn't your thing.

The only thing last night's move showed me, is they're pulling all stops and willing to do whatever it takes to win this Super Bowl. Whatever it takes.

If thats all you get from it you should listen to people who know more about football than you and learn something.

There are some rumors floating around that he may have broken team rules with a girl at some point last night or the night prior.

You should link this or delete it, because its not fair to the kid. The team has blatantly stated this had nothing to do with discipline.

Your lack of football knowledge is holding you back here from understanding.
If you lose a big weapon on offense, you don't cut another weapon that you now need more.

I'm sure you are but your lack of understanding the game makes you come up with a screwy conclusion.

Wow. You should find something better to do with your time. Football discussion clearly isn't your thing.

If thats all you get from it you should listen to people who know more about football than you and learn something.

You are seriously far too predictable, narrow minded and generic in a lot of the posts you make to be this arrogant.

Believe me, I've read enough of your arguments to understand you think you know more than others and you're missing quite a bit of football logic and understanding yourself.

You get so locked in on the norm, that you often can't think outside the box, and you assume other people don't get it.

Forget the rumors. Belichick woke up yesterday feeling a little crabby and bloated from all the Super Bowl buffet food.

BB: "Gee whiz, Mr. Kraft, I'm just not myself, today."

BK: "I understand, Bill. Normally, you can count on cutting a Ventrone to get that spring back in your step."

BB: "But I don't have a Ventrone this week, Mr. Kraft."

BK: "Well, that should teach you the importance of a good diet and planning ahead, Bill."

BB: "How about if I cut an Underwood? Do you think that will help?"

BK: "Do what you think is right, Bill. We need you to be at the top of your game tomorrow."

While I fully agree with you, I don't think it would be as obvious an oversight as putting an intern on the sidelines in the Meadowlands a few miles away from NFL headquarters in full Patriot official regalia to videotape the opposing sideline in front of 70,000 opposing fans a couple of weeks after receiving a league memorandum warning all teams not to do it.
Just for the record, and because it is a sore point, it was a year and a couple of weeks after the league memorandum that the Jets incident took place. We had been videotaping on the sideline for over a year after the memorandum, and no one objected until the Jets game.

At some point, the date of the memorandum was misstated in the press, pushed up a year, but it was in fact a year earlier.

how would we feel if Underwood were cut two weeks ago, and then Ocho Cinco pulled a hammy in a full pads practice?

waiting makes football sense

You are seriously far too predictable, narrow minded and generic in a lot of the posts you make to be this arrogant.

Believe me, I've read enough of your arguments to understand you think you know more than others and you're missing quite a bit of football logic and understanding yourself.

You get so locked in on the norm, that you often can't think outside the box, and you assume other people don't get it.

OK, pal.
Keep telling everyone how you think the Patriots were the 2nd best defense in the NFL this year, how allowing 40 points and 600 yards is the same defensive effort as allowing 20 points and 300 yards and how cutting a receiver is a tell tale sign that another receiver isn't going to play.
Or just pay attention to everyone laughing at you.

until you know for sure why he was release then there is no reason to suggest i torture cats. Speculation and opinion is what this whole forum is about. I never suggested that underwood pulled a stanley wilson; it could have been something as simple as missing a meeting or it could be nothing at all. I am just speculating; i am free to do that eh?

in my mind it does not add up. why was he not released two weeks ago. Releasing him now is very bad timing for a number of reasons. It is a distraction to the team and humiliating to underwood; i don't think we are getting the full story. I think that the full story will come out; maybe tomorrow or maybe months from now...

Smart move, perfectly carried out (timing it so that the Giants couldn't pick him off). The extra D/ST will come in handy in a warm dome.

I'm sure they informed Underwood of the reasons and handled it correctly. Now he can enjoy himself, root for the team and hopefully whoop it up at the victory party tomorrow night at the team hotel.

This is exactly how I see it. And one more explanation for the timing, which seems to be oddly discounted in this long thread:

BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY VALUE HIM.

Saying "why not toss him to the curb 2 weeks ago?" means you think Underwood has been of no value to the team the past 2 weeks, and that the chance to re-sign him is of negligible value too.

This way, the Patriots had a speedy young WR with them throughout practices, one with measurables to resemble Cruz. And by eliminating the chance for the Giants to sign him now, they increased the likelihood that he'll re-sign and get the benefit of an offseason with the team, and a solid shot at the roster next year.

This is exactly how I see it. And one more explanation for the timing, which seems to be oddly discounted in this long thread:

BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY VALUE HIM.

Saying "why not toss him to the curb 2 weeks ago?" means you think Underwood has been of no value to the team the past 2 weeks, and that the chance to re-sign him is of negligible value too.

This way, the Patriots had a speedy young WR with them throughout practices, one with measurables to resemble Cruz. And by eliminating the chance for the Giants to sign him now, they increased the likelihood that he'll re-sign and get the benefit of an offseason with the team, and a solid shot at the roster next year.

Not to mention cutting him would have left them a practice player short.
By the logic of cut him 2 weeks ago they should have cut the entire practice sqaud and everyone on the 53 who will be inactive that is on the last year of their contract.
Underwood will miss exactly the same thing all of those guys do, the last day of his contract when he isn't going to be playing anyway.

we didn't learn that. You are making assumptions. And as logical as they may be, they're still pure speculation, just like everyone else. There are a lot of different sets of logic.

You know what i am basing mine on? That first and foremost, this team's and bill's primary goal is to win the freaking football game at all costs. And if that means they have to turn into freaking foxball today, and punt 15 times, run the ball 40 times, and pass for 20, and make brady look worse than blaine gabbert with a 50.0 qb rating to win the freaking game....and look nothing like the passing patriots we have seen all year....then that's exactly what the hell bill is going to do.

The only thing last night's move showed me, is they're pulling all stops and willing to do whatever it takes to win this super bowl. Whatever it takes.

even if it takes a roster move the week of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you hear the rumors?

There was a blogger in indy who put this out there initially via twitter I think. I'll look for the link. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Again, if the Pats had no intention of playing him, why not cut him two weeks ago? Even if the Giants somehow picked him up, two weeks is plenty of time for the Pats to come up with a game plan that Tiquan doesn't know about.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Tiquan's SIZE (6'1) allows him to mimic some of the Giants WRs?? And that, having him on the team's scout squad for practices allowed them to practice against a WR who was bigger and faster than others on the team?

No, clearly you hadn't. You're just *****ing and whining for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News