PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is perhaps the most preposterous yet in the long, inglorious history of this website.

Unfortunately this ruins my dream of hearing Brady call an audible at the line using the words "House Party"

But I'm guessing this is mainly about the coaches not wanting to risk Gronk on ST's and filling his role there more than it's about Underwood.

Tom Jackson just said "This team hates their coach."

1.) I didn't say that It was reported that the kid was screwed. I said that from what I've seen reported, the kid got screwed. That's 2 different things.

2.) I've seen the Reiss report. I've seen the Curran tweet. I've also heard it reported on the radio.

So, it's your opinion based on what you've seen reported that Underwood "got screwed".

What in the reports makes you think this, other than that it was not for disciplinary reasons? Because I've seen several things that imply that it was a simple FOOTBALL decision. That doesn't mean Underwood got screwed because of it.

As others pointed out:
1) He is listed by the Pats as being a part of the team.
2) He was included in the team photo.
3) The Pats reported want him back next year.
4) He still has his player allotment of tickets, his hotel room, etc.

OK, pal.
Keep telling everyone how you think the Patriots were the 2nd best defense in the NFL this year, how allowing 40 points and 600 yards is the same defensive effort as allowing 20 points and 300 yards and how cutting a receiver is a tell tale sign that another receiver isn't going to play.
Or just pay attention to everyone laughing at you.

Perfect example of what I am talking. Not only does the simple fact that NE are ranked 11th overall in points allowed, should override any kind of yard or defensive stat anyone throws around, because frankly it's ultimately the most important measurement, but other measurements such as efficiency back it up. Not only do you look NE's defense in terms of one big slice of a much bigger pie and can't look beyond that.

But just so you know, to someone that understands how you're supposed to use stats like yards per point, your examples used in arguments against it are laughable. I honestly am kind of pissed I took all that time to explain it to you because of your dismissive reply.

Your examples and argument against it were the equivalent of a microbiologist using a yard stick to measure the width of a hair.

Then, based on that experiment, proceed to draw the conclusion that the yard stick is a flawed measurement, and that we're better off staring at a 10 yard rug for 60 minutes and trying to guess its length.

Just saying...

That was the entire basis of my post.

It was the ONLY thing I quoted before I went into my theory.

here it is again:

The Pats could have also told Tiquan not to tell his agent why.. Because they know agents can't keep their mouth's shut..

Perfect example of what I am talking. Not only does the simple fact that NE are ranked 11th overall in points allowed,
15th

should override any kind of yard or defensive stat anyone throws around,
it does

because frankly it's ultimately the most important measurement, but other measurements such as efficiency back it up. Not only do you look NE's defense in terms of one big slice of a much bigger pie and can't look beyond that.
They were the weaker part of a 13-3 SB team. They were not the second best defense in the NFL and it isn't even close. You are using a statistic that you do not understand.

But just so you know, to someone that understands how you're supposed to use stats like yards per point, your examples used in arguments against it are laughable.
Because the stat is laughable. The ratio of A/B is not comparable when B is not constant. Yards per point could have some value when comparing teams that allowed similar levels of yards or points but is uselss as a raw stat.

I honestly am kind of pissed I took all that time to explain it to you because of your dismissive reply.
Dude, YOU dont understand it

Your examples and argument against it were the equivalent of a microbiologist using a yard stick to measure the width of a hair.
My example is undeniable proof that the the stat is useless. Use it on offense.
A team that gains 200 yards of offense and scores 14 points and has a bunch of 3 and outs is THE SAME under this stat as a team that gains 400 yards and scores 28. That is UNDENIABLE PROOF that the statistic is not a good one.

Then, based on that experiment, proceed to draw the conclusion that the yard stick is a flawed measurement, and that we're better off staring at a 10 yard rug for 60 minutes and trying to guess its length.
That is totally assinine. Since your metric stinks and I prove it you make up an analogy that doesnt even fit as a strawman to avoid admitting you are wrong.
I measured with the exact same scale you did. Exact same. The problem is that you are so ignorant to what the stat you have spent hours touting actually means that you must lie and make up an excuse for the proof it is bad.

Answer this. If team A allows a lot more points than team B but the ratio of yards to points is similar, how can you say they were equal? Your metric is wrong.
Once again if a defense faces 10 drives, and allows 14 points and 280 yards, your argument is that if on two of those drives instead of 3 and outs they allowed 2 70 yards one resulting in a TD and one resulting in a missed FG, that was the same defensive effort.
10 drvies 14 points 280 yards
10 drives 21 points 420 yards
By your argument those defenses played equally well.

Leave all the bs out and respond DIRECTLY to that flaw in the metric, and we could have the chance at a reasonable discusison.
If you wish to do anything other than respond directly to that flaw, please just put me on ignore.

From what I've seen reported so far, the kid got screwed.
Yeah, what a jerk that Bill Belichick is, actually fielding the team he thinks maximiazes his chances of winning! He should be more concerned with Tiquan Underwho's feelings than winning the Super Bowl! :rolleyes:

Seriously, what do you think this is, pop warner?

Perfect Hollywood ending. Underwood comes back next year or after (for the Patriots) and is MVP of a Superbowl as he catches the game winner.

Yeah, what a jerk that Bill Belichick is, actually fielding the team he thinks maximiazes his chances of winning! He should be more concerned with Tiquan Underwho's feelings than winning the Super Bowl! :rolleyes:

Seriously, what do you think this is, pop warner?

Troll all you want. As I noted, it doesn't make BB wrong or evil. It just makes Underwood the guy who got the shaft. It is what it is.

Enjoy the Super Bowl.

did anyone else see Underwood's response to an ESPN interview request right after being released?

the guy was ALL class, hope he finds success in his future

did anyone else see Underwood's response to an ESPN interview request right after being released?

the guy was ALL class, hope he finds success in his future

I didn't see it, but what I have seen has been fine.

I sincerely hope that BB personally reminded one of Robert or Jonathan Kraft to make sure that Underwood is part of any team events after the game is over. That effort -- less than 60 seconds if he delegates it to his secretary -- is all that should be required of him in that regard in the pre-game rush. (If it doesn't suffice, which would surprise me, then bad on the team.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News