PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thuney gets tagged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...

Very surprised by this. Hopefully we can get a long term deal done.

Didn't see that coming. I thought for sure they'd let him walk and recoup a 3rd rounder.

So if nothing changes, Thuney is accounting for $14.07m in 2020

Didn't see that coming. I thought for sure they'd let him walk and recoup a 3rd rounder.

So if nothing changes, Thuney is accounting for $14.07m in 2020

Yeah, something will change. lol
I'm thinking had the CBA been in place a month ago Thuney's deal would have already been done.

So you think they tagged to trade Him for a WR maybe Diggs or Hopkins or Krupp?
Interesting never a dull moment with this team love it.

He won’t be on the team for long. The pats are at about -2 million in cap with Thuney & Dmac accounted for.

Yeah, something will change. lol
I'm thinking had the CBA been in place a month ago Thuney's deal would have already been done.
I still didn't see the NEP extending him as Shaq already represents big money at the G position. Pats never pay big for the same position twice.

Brady walks and the Pats are paying both guards top 5 money.

I expect a trade unless they are going to surround Stidham with a much talent as humanly possible.

Brady's gone :eek:

Not quite sure what's going on here. My best guess is tag-and-trade because they figure they can get more than a 3 in 2021.

If Cap space was ~$19.5m beforehand, we're not gonna be signing Brady or a significant FA soon. Am I misunderstanding the impact of the $14+ million Franchise Tag?

Awaiting news of Pats extensions for cap relief.

Thats a big suprise to me, maybe they intend to keep him long term. Wonder if and how that affects brady

VERY surprised. I like the player, but for BB to put that much $ in his two guards is unprecedented. It does seem more & more like a cheap QB will be leading NE this Fall.

Unless they trade him ASAP...

Gotta be a sign and trade. Can we get a 1 for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back