PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thornton: N’Keal Harry Worst Acquisition of Belichick’s Career

They laughed when we said Meyers would be a better wr than Harry. Looks like another jake bequette situation.

The biggest issue for me was when we drafted Harry, there were two SEC stars with freakish physical dimensions still on the board (Brown and Metcalf) who were clearly better NFL prospects than Harry. We had a second shot at one of them in the 2nd round when we traded up, but we selected CB Icabad Crane from University of Sleepy Hollow.

Deebo was another one with great college tape and scouting reports, which showcased elite speed/separation ability. 49ers snagged him very fast after we drafted Harry.
And the 49ers are SO happy we picked Harry, especially seeing Harry vs Deebo because it was reported that they WANTED Harry and were pissed we picked him. They were focused on Harry and during the scouting of Harry is how they discovered Brandon Aiyuk who they drawted in 2020.

Worst? No. It's dammed close tho. He's on a short list.

He’s overtaken the most disappointing WR draft pick title from Jackson. He’s a worthless pile of ****. How or why he even made the team this year is beyond me. We could trot out the old broad who jerked off Tugboat Bob as the flanker and she would get more separation than Harry.

Is Harry simply a bad footballer or does he just not understand the playbook? Would he perhaps be successful in an easier to grasp system? Struggling to nail down exactly what his problem is.
It’s not the system. He just flat out sucks. If the system was as much of a problem as everyone makes it out to be whenever a WR underperforms here, you’d see numerous draft busts in New England who went on to find success elsewhere. That list can be narrowed down to exactly… zero.

But at least his issue was about physical health rather than mental and physical ineptitude.
When you draft a guy who tire his acl twice in college, you are taking a chance that he might get hurt in the NFL too. He was taken in the first round with known health issues. Can't do that, not in that round.

Zo has been banging that drum for 3 years now on the radio broadcasts. He has remarked over and over again about Harry not knowing where to line up presnap. I really can't believe we are wasting roster space on the guy at this point.

When you draft a guy who tire his acl twice in college, you are taking a chance that he might get hurt in the NFL too. He was taken in the first round with known health issues. Can't do that, not in that round.
You don't have to tell me. I wanted Stephon Tuitt, made that clear in the draft thread, and stand by it to this day.

1634661418221.png

But, if I'm deciding on a worse reason to bust, and it's between injury and both laziness/I.Q. issue & straight physical ineptitude, I'd call the latter the bigger miss.

I have been one of the few to hold out a little bit of hope for N'Keal, but beyond lacking ability and intuition, that play really reveals how little he cares. Made me irate when I watched it.

This team has weaknesses, but at least the oline, corners, RBs (fumbling), and Jonnu/Agholor etc are TRYING. N'Keal had 4+weeks when he couldn't practice (and the previous 2 years) to make sure he understood the playbook.

Reeks of JaMarcus Russell "I've made it, I don't have to work anymore, look at my diamond chain" syndrome.

Zo has been banging that drum for 3 years now on the radio broadcasts. He has remarked over and over again about Harry not knowing where to line up presnap. I really can't believe we are wasting roster space on the guy at this point.
I think they would have traded him, but probably had no offers. Then it came down to him and Wilkerson for an active roster spot. My guess is they kept Harry due to his draft spot and perceived ceiling.

You don't have to tell me. I wanted Stephon Tuitt, made that clear in the draft thread, and stand by it to this day.

View attachment 36755

But, if I'm deciding on a worse reason to bust, and it's between injury and both laziness/I.Q. issue & straight physical ineptitude, I'd call the latter the bigger miss.
Perfectly said, but I have more of a problem if you draft a guy who ends up having injury issues, than one you know had injury issues and draft anyway. I guess thats my point. Injuries are hard to predict, but sometimes the writing is on the wall. Now if they took him in the 4th round or something, I have no issue. Mitchell was a promising receiver he ended up having injury issues, he was taken in the 4th round. No fault across the board on that Pick. I thank him for the atlanta superbowl.

I will not even pretend to know as much about players being drafted as Bill and the rest of the scouts, but when you take a guy like Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round who is projected to be a 7th rounder, he might actually play like a 7th rounder.

Perfectly said, but I have more of a problem if you draft a guy who ends up having injury issues, than one you know had injury issues and draft anyway. I guess thats my point. Injuries are hard to predict, but sometimes the writing is on the wall. Now if they took him in the 4th round or something, I have no issue. Mitchell was a promising receiver he ended up having injury issues, he was taken in the 4th round. No fault across the board on that Pick. I thank him for the atlanta superbowl.

I will not even pretend to know as much about players being drafted as Bill and the rest of the scouts, but when you take a guy like Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round who is projected to be a 7th rounder, he might actually play like a 7th rounder.
Any issues with the Gronk pick roughly 10 or so picks later than Easley with previous back surgeries in college?

I think they would have traded him, but probably had no offers. Then it came down to him and Wilkerson for an active roster spot. My guess is they kept Harry due to his draft spot and perceived ceiling.
I wonder if he is odd man out for anyone they want to activate off the PUP list.

Any issues with the Gronk pick roughly 10 or so picks later than Easley with previous back surgeries in college?
Gronk never had any character issues like Easley did so Bill ignored character red flags as well as injury history.

I wonder if he is odd man out for anyone they want to activate off the PUP list.
I hope so. He’s basically just drawing the nickel/dime corner whenever he’s in and he still isn’t doing anything.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back