PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This might be the best OL of the Brady run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell this might be the best blocking team period during this run. Develin, Gronk, and Allen have been great, and even at the WR position there’s guys who are just as willing to make a block as they are to make a catch.

That's what is making this work. The offensive line has been great too, but this year it's been the best "team" blocking.

Light > Brown
Mankins >>> Thuney
Koppen < Andrews
Neal <<< Shaq
Kaczur <<< Cannon
I agree with this assessment, but the missing pieces are that make the 2018 line so special lately have been skill position blockers - Devlin, Gronk, Allen. The combination of these 8 guys are manhandling opponents.

I agree with this assessment, but the missing pieces are that make the 2018 line so special lately have been skill position blockers - Devlin, Gronk, Allen. The combination of these 8 guys are manhandling opponents.
Yep.

The 07 team had Kyle Brady who was a monster but I don't think was the blocker Allen was and not at Gronk's level.

So many highlights...
Watch Brown demolish Jones:

Brown really did destroy Jones. I love that first play against Jones where Brown hits him, takes a moment to think about it and then pancakes him.

Also liked the first play against Ford, where it looked like Ford backed off three times trying to figure out what to try next and never did solve it.

How does it stack up to Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Kaczur in your opinion? Curious
IMO Kaczur and Koppen were weak points and Mankins was overrated. With Brown and Cannon, we are solid at tackle. Andrews I think is as good as Koppen. That 2007 line was really good as a team though and only really collapsed once Neal went down. Tough question.

China cat sunflower>I know you rider>Not fade away>And we bid you goodnight
Venue and date? Got the soundboard tap for trade?

IMO Kaczur and Koppen were weak points and Mankins was overrated. With Brown and Cannon, we are solid at tackle. Andrews I think is as good as Koppen. That 2007 line was really good as a team though and only really collapsed once Neal went down. Tough question.
This line may be slightly deeper, in my opinion. I like our depth.

There's a great Ringer article giving a lot of love to our offensive line and its amazing versatility Only an incredibly well coached line that has been playing together for some time could so effortlessly switch between so many different blocking schemes

New England’s 15-play, 80-yard opening drive was the perfect microcosm for how they’ve utilized a wide variety of runs out of multiple personnel groups to confuse and disorient their opponents. As NFL Films maven Greg Cosell detailed on The Ross Tucker Football Podcast last week, the team’s seven first-down run concepts on that opening drive went in this order: an iso lead weak run out of 21 personnel (two running backs, one tight end), a counter run out of 22 personnel (two running backs, two tight ends), an outside zone run out of 22 personnel, an iso lead strong run out of 21 personnel, a zone counter run out of 11 personnel (one back, one tight end), an inside zone lead run out of 21 personnel, and an outside zone run out of 11 personnel. That’s just one possession, and only the first-down runs. It’s mesmerizing, and points to the skill of the Patriots offensive linemen, who’ve managed to execute a wide variety of run plays and styles at a high level. It’s also hell for a defense to prepare for this type of multiplicity.

You Can’t Touch Tom Brady

People seem to forget the incredible 2011 O-Line. Light, Mankins, Connolly, Waters, Vollmer. They were a big part of the reason why this offense could carry an atrocious D to the SB.

People seem to forget the incredible 2011 O-Line. Light, Mankins, Connolly, Waters, Vollmer. They were a big part of the reason why this offense could carry an atrocious D to the SB.
Waters was money that year.

And Solder was a rookie who played in Jumbo formations, with Wendell & Donald Thomas as our C/G backups. That was perhaps our last really deep OL, even after losing Koppen on opening day.

Best or not....just keep Brady's jersey clean!!!

Neal <<< Shaq

Disagree. Neal was solid. Maybe not quite as good as Shaw, but the gap was small. His injury in the Super Bowel (not sic) cost the Pats the perfect season.

Disagree. Neal was solid. Maybe not quite as good as Shaw, but the gap was small. His injury in the Super Bowel (not sic) cost the Pats the perfect season.
Neal was solid.

Shaq is the best guard in football.

...Mankins was overrated. ... Andrews I think is as good as Koppen.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back